March PAT...due May 15

xstitcher

Please do not disturb, I am disturbed enough alrea
Friend of AFA
Media
MARCH PAT
Swap Due Date – May 15
Sign up/withdraw – None, once signed up you’re in so PLEASE be sure you want to play
Number of Cards - 1 for each person in your group
Number of participants -8 groups of 5 players

Welcome to the MARCH Pick-A-Theme!
To Play you must have:

* an established positive iTrader rating of +15
* no negatives within the last 6 months
* no neutrals for lack of cards/communication within the last 3 months.
* NO EXCEPTIONS so PLEASE don’t ask

If you think you want to play, but have questions PLEASE read all the instructions to see if they are answered there. If they are not go ahead and sign up with an undetermined theme to reserve your spot, then PM me and I will do my best to clear up whatever. We can always open the spot back up if you decide not to join

Please, please, please do not over commit yourself. Anyone who does not follow through will receive a negative iTrader from me and could receive a negative iTrader from each member of your group.

General Information:

~This swap contains 8 groups of 5 members. Sign ups end when all spots are filled.

~You must be willing to work on all the other themes in your group!

~This will be an on time swap. CARDS are to be in my hands on / before MAY 15th. I
know life can get in the way sometimes so if something comes up please contact me as
soon as possible so we can work it out.

~ Pick a group, pick a theme

~ Once you sign up you can’t withdraw, as some artist start their cards immediately.

~ Make a card for each of the members of your group in their chosen theme; you will
receive a card of your chosen theme in return from each member

~ Make sure you send cards you are proud of.

~ To cut down on possible mail machine malfunctions, no embellishments please!

Sending Your Cards:

~All cards should be sent in individual plastic sleeves if you have them. (If you don’t protect them some way and I will provide them. I don’t want that to stop anyone from playing.)

~Please include your username and group number on the outside envelope I see first

~Please put your username, the group number and the recipient’s username on each card
card you make.

~If you want to post your cards to the thread for all to enjoy please do, but it is not
necessary.

Mailing Information:

USA folks -----

Please enclose a self-addressed envelope and postage.

As for postage I think since there probably will be 4 cards it is a good idea to put .61 on the envelope.

INTERNATIONAL folks ----

Please enclose an address label, your address clearly printed on a piece of paper or a long self-addressed envelope. I’ll pay the return postage. (A dollar bill or .98 US stamp is appreciated, but if you don’t have either please don’t let that stop you from joining in on the fun)

Pick-A-Theme Examples

~ Regular – Generic themes where is it easy to think up a card; for example fairies, cats, dogs, flowers, etc. or less generic themes which require a little more thought or research but are not difficult to find a reference or collage images. Examples of regular themes include: flying pigs with hats, red poppies, whimsical houses, nature fairies, zetti, etc.

~ Challenging –Themes that usually require research and reference. Examples are characters from books or movies or perhaps obscure themes such as “Dogs in Victorian England.” They can also be themes that are difficult to interpret like music or a difficult poem. These can require a lot of thought and effort. If you have internet references please include the best one of them so I can post it for your fellow group members

Here are the groups subject to change. They are a bit different this time. If there is no interest in a particular category I can eliminate the group, if there is enough interest in something different we can discuss a change or if one of the current groups fills up quickly and there is nothing in something else we can change it. PM me if you have a different idea and we can discuss it!

cards have arrived at new home

Group 1- Hand Drawn/Painted ~ Regular Themes ~ FULL
1 pstowe - Time
2 a123andpoof - Dragons
3 Juany - Seascape with a lighthouse
4 momoruth - Mosquitos
5 MACE - Barns or farm related

Group 2 -Hand Drawn/Painted ~ Regular Themes ~ FULL
1 a123andpoof - Weeping willow trees
2 Juany - Realistic birds
3 Kavka - Fanciful/Frilly dresses
4 TimeInMyHands - Colorful whimsical Owls
5 arlie707 - Macro Flowers

Group 3 -Hand Drawn/Painted ~ Challenging Themes ~ FULL
1 biter buck - Puzzles from Professor Layton ( Site with puzzles also see post 13 for more info)
2 Kavka - Asian Ball-jointed dolls in kimonos (Images can be found here and here)
3 BrianaShaeHall - Retro Barbie, your choice with the original eyes (the sideways glance and blue eyeshadow).
4 ceejay - Renaissance influenced portraits
5 kentuckydakota - Dr. Who (check it out here)

Group 4-Collage ~ Regular Themes ~ FULL
1 jensaz - Teapot
2 arlie707 - Horses
3 pstowe - Romare Bearden Theme
4 alanabannana - Butterflies
5 delphiandreams - Girls with Umbrellas

Group 5-Collage ~ Regular Themes ~ FULL
1 magicjessnrach - Vintage Travel
2 katrinabean86 - Daisies
3 Nancy - Vintage Men
4 Katelnorth - Something with wings
5 Elena - Birdcages

Group 6-Fabric/ Fiber/ Stitched ~ Regular Themes ~ FULL
1 catscradle - Artist’s Choice
2 JudyLee - Celestial
3 Katelnorth - Trees
4 Nancy - Victorian
5 magicjessnrach - Flower Gardens

Group 7- Hand Drawn/Painted ~ Regular Themes ~ FULL
1 lazyshadows - Whimsical colourful fairies
2 Evalila- Trees
3 beth - Flowers and Plants
4 Spirit Fingers - Fantasy creatures (dragon, mermaid, pegasus etc)
5 djl1050 - Fantasy

Group 8- Any Medium ~ Challenging Themes ~ FULL
1 momoruth - Louisiana Landscape (swamp land, beach, New Orleans, etc.)
2 lilywaters - Salvador Dali inspired sunsets. (say no to drugs)
3 Russell - Witches of Oz as fashion models (think Wizard of Oz meets America's Next Top Model).
4 babynavyblue - Marie Antoinette
5 AmericanHwyFlower - Three Little Birds from Bob Marley's song (No people on cards pls) Inspiration links here and here)

Last edited:
Welcome fiber artists! catscradle, JudyLee, katelnorth and nancy!

Since this seems to be such a popular category I am going to change group 7 to the same thing.

Can I join Group 3?

My theme is puzzles from Professor Layton. Here's a site with all the puzzles on it. Once you pick a puzzle from the sidebar, you might have to scroll down to actually see it. If you don't like the ones from the first game, you can click the links on the sides for the second and third.

(To clarify: you don't have to come up with your own puzzle, or have the puzzle actually on the card. For example, if you pick "Sinking Ship", you can just draw an ATC with a sinking ship on it.)

Last edited:
Sign me up for group 3 and group 1 please!

My themes are:

Group 1 theme - Fanciful/Frilly dresses
Group 3 theme - Asian Ball-jointed dolls in kimonos (Images of ball-jointed dolls can be found here and here)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom