Abstract and Whimsy Faces (HandDrawn/HandPainted) – May 15

beeps

ATC Guru
Media
Swap Due Date – May 15
Signup/withdraw date - None, this is a no sign up swap. Cards in by May 15 will be swapped. Late cards will be swapped together (if possible) or returned to sender
Number of Cards - 3 for 3 (Cards over 4 submitted will be entered into swap lotto)
Number of participants - Unlimited

For this swap, break out your inner imagination and colorful supplies to create face portraits in abstract, whimsy, or other non-realistic styles.

1_FunSpikey.JPG
1_p_clowns0002.jpg
1_split_personality.jpg

examples by teale, joss​

The Rules

1) First read how to make an ATC if you are unsure (see FAQ). Cards must be the right size.

2) This swap is hand drawn/painted only. Limited flat, nonbulky collage elements can be used (i.e. fancy papers, stamps) can be used to add texture or detail but should not constitute a bulk of your work.

3) Put your name and username on the backs of your cards. Please write so I can read it!

Mailing and Postage: Mailing and Postage is as follows:

-If you HAVE long/business envelopes, please send a self addressed one.
-If you don't have an envelope, no worries, send a LARGE address label or sheet with your address typed out. Don't send the little address labels stuck on an envelope because I will just have to write them out on a NEW one.
-I have my own labeling system for the back of return envelopes, so don't worry about writing your info on the back. Also, I have a TON of return address labels, so don't worry about that either.

Card protection: Please send cards in clear sleeves. I am totally cool with you sending your cards in a 3 card sleeve protector. I will return your cards in your sleeve protector.

US Players: Please include loose postage for the amount it costs to mail your cards to me, with a minimum of 44 cents. Extra postage is welcome to help me cover international players.

Outside the US: I will cover your return postage. However, if you have any US postage or US $1 that you can supply, it would be awesome.

Receipt and Swapping:

When you are ready to mail, PM me for my address. If you have a "sociology" address for me then you are ready to mail.

I update the first post and post to the thread when your cards come in.

Sub par cards and cards that do not follow the rules of the swap will be returned to the artist.

I swap using a pretty random method. I note cards that people comment on liking in the thread and try to get players at least one card they like. I note skill/effort and for players at either end of the spectrum. I try to create returns from similar or "neighboring" spectrum players. I make piles of 3 cards that give a good variety and semi-randomly stuff them into envies, checking to make sure players don't get their own cards back.

I also play "extra card lotto" - I make extra cards for the swap and give them away to random players (I will use a random list generator to see who "wins"). This is my way of saying "thanks for playing!"

Returns

Once you receive your cards, please remember to leave Rep Points (the "you rock!" button in the post) for members you received cards from and to post to the thread. We all like to know where our *** goes!

iTraders
If you have under 15 iTraders I will give you iT when your cards come in to help you establish yourself as a trusty player on the site. Otherwise, I will give iTrader to players to give me iTrader at the end of the swap. I will give neutrals to artists for cards that are late without communication (due to late mail date, not postal issues), cards that do not follow the swap rules, and whatever else the site rules says re: neutral iTraders.

Cards Received from

Bold = cards received (thread post or iTrader given to host)

Aime
andyaly
ArtistPoetGirl
baybird
Boekwrm
cardmama
ceejay
debs913
dewtee
donnacr
evalila
gerry
JBunny
Joni Owens
Joss
lafaver55
Lazyshadows
leslie52
Maineatc
Margiepoo
melanies
michelemergesmartens
miss
mrubyjean
Octoberlee
PAMI
Phoenix
raingirl
ruthe
seattlemeg
shellyrosebud
sierralush
starfish
Stephanie
studio blue
Suntrade
teale
Tiffany186
xanthacrom

Last edited:
heh heh, of course xanthacrom! you can make faces as you draw them too!

i started a couple last night. i like doing wacky face ATCs when i'm stressed out. it is fun to let the inner child come out and be like, ohh pretty colors! fun shapes!

FUN! Really looking forward to this swap! And I LOVE to use stickers, but when I do, usually feel I am 'cheating' somehow - so thanks for allowing that!
Also - sounds like you make your swaps very special!! Good for you!!

I'm thinking about starting my own swap, but I don't think I can resist this one. I just did some whimsical drawing for the Draw-a-thon this weekend and it was soooo fun. I think I will do this! Thanks for hosting it!

sounds good! i did one card today for the THON but never got to posting it. it will go into this swap - i like how it turned out!

Back
Top Bottom