Bizarre holidays - MAY Due May 20th

larkawolf - I love your enthusiasm! Why don't you do what Pami did for the last few months of her Bizarre year - she made the cards ahead of time, whenever the inspiration struck and the minute that month was offered she posted them to me.
I wouldn't make more than a few months ahead as your views change and you may miss a 'perfect' holiday by rushing (I am STILL finding different Holidays that I want to make and this is my 3rd time through them)
trekaroo - why not do what I did when I first started making these Holidays - I printed off each of the months (most of them are only a single page) and kept them in a plastic pocket with the month I was making on top so that I didn't get confused and make cards for the wrong month. As I sent off that month's cards I moved that sheet to the back of the stack and had the next month staring at me for inspiration.

I will be sending the June thread to the Mods about April 25 - I plan to open each new month 8 weeks before the due date. It's easy to plan ahead now as each swap is due on the 20th of its month - I put them all on my calendar in advance so that I wouldn't miss them and it gave me an idea of when to start looking for them as a new thread.

That does sound like a good idea donnacr! And since all of the months are on the same website its easy to see whats next. I def think I will do that. Ill be uploading my pictures sometime this week and hopefully sending them off!

Ok, heres my cards... May 24th- Escargot, May 30th- My Bucket's Got a Hole in it Day, and may 17th- Pack Rat Day ^^ Im still thinking about making an extra too, but its so hard to pick the days lol
index.php
index.php
index.php

larkawolf - I love the cards that you have already made (you could have made 'Pack rat day' for me so now you HAVE to make another card hahahahahaha)
threshold90 - I'm glad you identified rhino as I am not up with the current comics, great card otherwise

You can have whichever card you would like donna ^^ Ill probably make at least 1 or 2 more for this swap and then finish my other swaps and start on June's holidays XD

Ok my May cards are now in the gallery. It was user error the first time.
Donnacr yes I made the hands and feet. I love polymer clay.

@Donnacr - Great tips to "make ahead" AND "your vision may change." I'll be looking for June come April 25-ish.

@Larkawolf2009 - I love your Pack Rat card. I'm doing that holiday, too, and how cool that we both had a completely different take on it.

@flowerlily64 - Love the Zentangle feet!

they look great flowerlily - I can't wait to see them IRL
Thanks ...I agree...cards seem to always be better IRL...hope you like them =)

@flowerlily64 - Love the Zentangle feet!
Thanks! I had a hard time coming up with that idea....I was about to go with some socks when I thought of these...zentangles are always so much fun! =)

Wowie-kazowie!! I just finished my May cards and they are everything I hoped they would be, and then they turned out better! (Really, how often does *that* happen?) I'll mail these with June's cards before your May 6 postmark date.

(I have a busy May, so all my swaps are going out that first week.)

scrapPea - don't mail them too fast - just prop them up and enjoy them. I agree with you - cards don't often turn out as you hoped and to be even better than hoped - well. . . . I now REALLY can't wait to see them (and drool over them, er. . . admire them:embarrassed:) I hope that it is an enjoyable busy and not work pressure busy for the month of May and I look forward to seeing your June cards as well

kkwarth - welcome to your first Bizarre Holiday swap. Please make sure that you are using the MAY holidays for your inspiration for this swap as each month has a different swap for those holidays. Now that I have totally confused you - have fun! If you have any questions feel free to ask in this thread or send me a PM

Oh, it's a way fun busy month! The 1st weekend is the Michigan ATC get-together where I actually meet some of the folks on this forum. The 2nd weekend is the local but oh-so-awesome scrapbook convention MegaMeet, and I have 3 days of classes and cropping! The following weekend, I fly to Boston for the Certified Zentangle Teacher (CZT) workshop. In between, I have a different, small ATC group meeting. I also have my writing group, and I plan to submit another chapter for critique. I figure after that my mind will be in a creative meltdown, so I'll just nap on the couch a lot.

Oh, I have enjoyed my cards here. I still am. (Remember, I'm mailing them by May 1, so I have plenty of time.) I'm going to print them out on the collage setting from my personal photo printer so I have them all right here beside my computer. Donnacr, you always make me warm and fuzzy when you're excited about the images. I sooooo love the suspense, but I'm snagging the available moment to post my cards.

Last edited:
(with a very serious face, hands folded and looking over my glasses) Ahem! the aim of a good Host is to make all players feel warm and fuzzy (and make sure we all have a lot of fun - skips quickly out of the room going 'Tra-la-la-la')

scrapPea - I love your cards but that is mean - I have already admitted that I am a pack rat and then you make a GREAT card for Limerick Day as well. You KNOW I am not good at decisions. . . . . .

PS. I am so jealous that you are getting to be a CZT :notworthy:- I have been following Rick and Maria since early 2009 when Chatty's zentangle group introduced me. You'll have to tell me all about it - and maybe give me a sneak peek at some of those original 102 tangles that they don't put on their website:wubclub::no:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom