MAY PAT ~ Due July 16th

Donnacr

ATC Guru
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
MAY PAT
Swap Due Date - July 16
(Don't forget that I live in Australia - I normally allow 2 weeks for postage, just to be safe).
Signup/withdraw - NONE, once signed up you're in so PLEASE be sure you want to play
Number of cards - 1 for each person in your group
Number of participants - 8 groups of 5 players - all groups are now FULL

GROUPS 2, 4, 5, 6 mailed July 18th
GROUPS 7 & 8 mailed July 20th
GROUPS 1 & 3 mailed July 26th

Welcome to the MAY Pick-A-Theme!

To play you must have:
*an established postitive iTrader rating of +15
*no negatives within the last 6 months
*no neutrals for lack of cards/communication with the last 3 months
*NO EXCEPTIONS so PLEASE don't ask

If you think you want to play, but have questions PLEASE read all the instructions to see if they are answered there. If they are not go ahead and sign up with an undetermined theme to reserve your spot, then PM me and I will do my best to clear up whatever. We can always open the spot back up if you decide not to join.

Please, please, please do not over commit yourself. Anyone who does not follow through will receive a negative iTrader from me and could receive a negative iTrader from each member of your group.

General Information:
~This swap contains 8 groups of 5 members. Sign ups end when all spots are filled.
~You must be willing to work on all the other themes in your group!
~This will be an on time swap. Cards are to be in my hands on or before JULY 16th. I know that life can get in the way sometimes so if something comes up please contact me as soon as possible so we can work it out.
~Pick a group, pick a theme
~Once you sign up you CAN'T withdraw as some artists start their cards immediately
~Make a card for each member of your group in their chosen theme; you will receive a card of your chosen theme in return from each member.
~Make sure you send cards you are proud of.

Sending Your Cards:
~All cards should be sent in individual plastic sleeves if you have them. If you don't, protect them in some other way when posting to me.

~Please include your username and group number on the outside of your mailing envelope.

~Please put your username, the group number and the recipient's username on each card you make.

~If you want to post your cards to the thread for all to enjoy please do, but it is not necessary.

Mailing Information:
When you're ready to send, PM me for my address. When you are packing your cards:
*put each card in a plastic sleeve
*make sure that your username, the group number and the recipients' usernames are on the backs of all your cards
AUSTRALIAN folks:
Please enclose a self-addressed envelope and postage. (As there will be 4 cards it is a good idea to put $2.25 on the envelope)

INTERNATIONAL folks:
Please enclose a LARGE address label/ your address clearly printed on a piece of paper/ a self addressed envelope. I'll pay the postage.
A dollar bill or 98c US stamp (or whatever the International postage has gone up to recently) is appreciated as I can use these in future swaps.

What about iTrader?
Like any other swap, I'll leave iTrader for players when their cards arrive. When you get your returns, you leave iTrader for me. In addition, because this is a PAT, you leave iTrader for the other members of your group, too (NOT reps). That means that you'll get 5 iTraders. It also means that if a player joins and does not send cards, they will get 5 negative iTrader ratings. Playing in a PAT is a serious commitment - so think carefully before you join.

Pick-a-Theme examples
As some themes are easier with some techniques consider HOW the card will be made when deciding WHAT it will show eg "rainbows" will work with most techniques but may be a little hard to manage with beeswax and napkins while "butterflies" or "flowers" should work well with all groups. I look forward to your imaginative suggestions.

Here are the groups, they are a bit different this time. If there is no interest in a particular technique I can eliminate the group. If there is enough interest in something we can start a second group for that technique. PM me if you have a different technique to try and we can discuss it.

GROUP 1 - FABRIC/FIBRE - FULL
1. JudyLee - ocean - returned
2. katelnorth - birds - returned
3. momoruth - nautical - received
4. Gina-B - floral/ flowers - returned
5. Gerry - birds - returned

GROUP 2 - BEESWAX AND NAPKINS - ALL RETURNED
1. catscradle - human children/ babies - returned
2. goatgirl - birds - returned
3. mrubyjean - butterflies/ dragonflies - returned
4. elena - lighthouses - returned
5. HHC - sunflowers - returned

GROUP 3 - COLOURED PENCILS - FULL
1. lemurkat - unusual pets - returned
2. beth - birds - returned
3. BayBird - reptiles - returned
4. ceejay - people faces - returned
5. momoruth - pelicans - received

GROUP 4 - STAMPED/EMBOSSED - FULL
(possible themes:most people would have some: flower/ butterfly/ fantasy/ people/ humourous stamps or think of a colour scheme for your cards and leave the design open)
1. maineatc - people/ person - returned
2. neca84 - cats - received - LOST?
3. donnacr - Time (clocks or illustrating a saying about Time) - returned
4. mrubyjean - words/ letters - returned
5. elena - vintage - returned

GROUP 5 - DIGITAL/PHOTOGRAPHY - ALL RETURNED
1. arlie707 - macro flowers - returned
2. lemurkat - backyard wildlife - birds, insects, snails, hedgehogs, spiders, etc - returned
3. SOTO - stone walls, hedgerows, natural barriers- returned
4. Mrs Ragbrutty - unrealistic colours - returned
5. Wil Opio Oguta - ruined old buildings - returned

GROUP 6 - ZENTANGLES - FULL
possible themes - various shapes, selected colours, chosen tangles (see www.tanglepatterns.com for a large alphabetical listing of tangles)
1. oddbreed - abstract - returned
2. arlie707 - flowers - returned
3. katrinabean86 - black zens with green highlights - returned
4.catscradle - b/w + 1 colour - returned
5. AmericanHwyFlower - b/w wings - received

GROUP 7 - WATER COLOURS - either pencils or paint - ALL RETURNED
1. kavka - towers - returned
2. gerry - landscapes - returned
3. kentuckydakota - nursery rhymes - returned
4. anderscandy - Louisiana bayou/swamp landscape (with or w/o wildlife) - returned
5. joss - human mother and baby - returned

GROUP 8 - MIXED MEDIA (2 or more media -i.e. different kinds of paint, chalk, paper cutting, etc) - FULL
1. kavka - dolphins - returned
2.jaeseals - Alice in Wonderland - returned
3. kentuckydakota - pirate mice - returned
4. citykitten - cats - received - in hosp?
5. sammylouise40 - Disney - returned

Last edited:
WooHoo!! I LOVE PAT!! Sign me up for group 1-fiber/fabric please!! Still thinking on my theme. Thanks!!

Like Kavka, I don't do any of these mediums. The only group I could comfortably slot into is photography and although I could definitely give oil pastels and ink a go (I think I have oil pastels) the results would be less than stellar. Is there a particular reason why you've chosen such precise mediums? Because although they are interesting, it does alienate almost all the P&P artists and probably a number of the mixed media ones too.

I have left Group 8 'to be advised' hoping that people would 'advise' me of a technique that they would like - please make a suggestion!

lemurkat - what are 'P & P artists'?

welcome to JudyLee, oddbreed and gerry (the first with a theme).

Paint and Pencils - or at least that's what I think it means - it's what they call the hand drawn/hand painted artists over on Illustrated ATCs.

Would love to sign up for Group 5 - Photography with the theme: macro flowers

and group 6: zentangles: theme flowers
Thanks!

Great media to work with,but i don't know how to use any of them,i only do hand drawn cards with my markers;) So,if you make another group with paint,i would love to join:)

welcome arlie707 and katrinabean86 - thank you for having your themes ready.

If I get a few more people asking for Mixed Media I will make that Group 8.

I would love to join this if for example group 8 is simply hand drawn/hand painted OR mixed media, and if the players put their theme down when they sign up. I usually make my cards before i join a swap unless its a grouped swap like this. I'll think about it....

Back
Top Bottom