I Fancy Myself a Writer - Hand drawn/painted original characters - Due July 14th

k, yes this sounds interesting and challenging. and i have time, and i have a story, which i will never write probably... fun swap..please sign me up too. thanks

Okay...I'm going to say I'm in, and if I really can't think of how to draw them, I'll withdraw before the date. :) I tried to sketch out some ideas today...during class lol...to help me think it through. Take me off the lurky list! :)

That is the spirit, my lurkers!!! Welcome officially to the writing/drawing party Evalila and katrinabean! I look forward to seeing your creations.

And welcome welcome to two new players! Mrs. Alderman, I'm excited to get to know your art and I'm so glad you're excited about the writing/story telling aspect. Angelmuz, I am thrilled to have you in one of my swaps again and chin up! You can write that story if you really want to. Consider yourself encouraged.

:jiggy: Oh wow! In the time I spent writing the last reply we had another join up. Welcome kentuckydakota! I'm so happy to be swapping with you again too. My, we are gaining players quickly. It's every hosts wildest dream.

Hey guys! I had a thought, and I am wondering if other swap members are interested. I was thinking of picking a paragraph of what I am writing to go along with each card I produce, and was wondering if other people would be willing to do that. We could post the written bits here along with the finished cards, or, if that seems like too much writing for the forum, just send a copy along to Mossiccie with the cards, so that she could include it with the card when she swaps out.

I really like that this swap comes with the challenge to write. Of course it is optional! But I thought I would put it out there- if it appeals to anyone else, I will do it and hopefully others will too!

So many creative people on this site, I would love to see bits of your writing! What do you guys think?

I had the same thought and was planning to include a story teaser with my cards. I'm so glad you brought that up because I'd love to know what my return characters are up to. (Of course then I'll want the whole story);)

I was thinking of putting some sort of teaser alongside my cards. I don't know if I would be entirely text based though (I'm too much of a comic artist).

May I say how much you guys all rock? I'm so glad everyone is so enthused and revved up to trade stories. I ran the idea past the lovely Carole Cadek and we are good to go to include mini-stories/character bios/mini-comics with our cards. However, as Spiderman teaches us, with great power comes great responsibility, so there are now some GUIDELINES. Bwahahahahaha! No, seriously. It's all good. But here they are. These will go on the front page too so that you can refer to them for mailing things out.

Mini-stories/Character Bios/Mini-Comics
Participants may, if they chose, share a bit of their writing/character development with the other swappers! Along with each card, players may include a printed mini-story, character bio, mini-comic or perhaps something else they feel would help tell the story of their characters. As your host, I will then send each of your cards off with the story so that swappers can enjoy learning more about your creations with their returns. If you do not want to include any of these, feel no pressure to do so. This is still above all an ATC swap. Just be excited you might get some stories too!

These "story bits" must be small and short enough that they can be folded to fit inside of the sleeve of each card. Feel free to use a small font on your computer. I recommend doing that and setting it's format to a column so the text doesn't end up too wide, or perhaps write them out by hand. There are two reasons for this. First, to limit the bulk of items so that the postage doesn't go through the roof. Secondly, since this is only my third swap, I am limited to receiving 90 "items" from players. So long as the stories are inside of the card sleeves, they still count as the same item! :D Sneaky, sneaky! :D

Whew. So there you guys go. Hope those help. And I am SO HAPPY some of you were thinking of doing this. Kpax (she's my sister. I'm so lucky) and I were earlier discussing how cool it would be to sort of swap stories along with this swap, so thanks for getting the ball rolling, sis! And of course, feel free to post your stories to the thread. Just make sure to include them in the card sleeves if you want to send them along. I don't have a printer so I won't be able to do any up for you that way, sadly.

Hope this all sounds good to every one!

Another good idea, Mrs. Alderman! Yes, definately feel free to include websites on the "story bits." I have no problems with that.

this swap is amazing!! I'm really excited to see all of the ocs and stories for those that post them ^U^. maybe if people have websites they could squeeze them in somewhere for further readings?

So cool that you sisters get to share your love of art. My sis is in this swap too! It's such a fun hobby to share! Especially when you live far apart.

Very true! Kpax and I live in different countries too and we used to live even further away, but I moved a lot closer. :D It's certainly a great way of keeping in touch while divided and always gives you something fun to talk about. I noticed you and angelmuz were sisters in the Peter Pan Swap, kentuckydakota. I thought that was pretty cool. :D

In other news: For those who are curious, I conducted a very scientific study on the carrying capacity of a basic ATC sleeve. I managed to stuff six blanks into one sleeve without any problem, three bristol, three water colour. That looks like plenty of space for stuffing in stories!

Hmmm, I'll have to think of what I'm going to include in the story bits. I haven't thought about my characters in a long time, lost a lot of confidence in my writing, so this swap is kind of a reawakening for me. I really miss them and I hope this will inspire me and give me that boost to believe in the story again. I'm really excited about this swap. Thanks so much for hosting it!

YES! i was so wondering about this today. it's awesome we're all on the same wavelength! so. i will definately include a teaser ... as long as i can make it work. awesome opposum!

I too would love to know more about the characters I receive.

And..
Given my vast collection of characters, I thought I would see which ones people were most interested in:

~ NZ birds and other animals (from "Aroha's Grand Adventure")
~ my somewhat offbeat types of fairies (goblins, brownies etc) (from "Midsummer Night's Quest")
~ human-ish characters (from various short stories and roleplaying games)
~ semi-anthro lemurs (from the currently unwritten lemur epic I'm planning on penning this November).
~ furries (I have a number of furry characters from my incomplete "Furritasia" webstory and "Scavengers of the Deadland" novel)

Instead of cluttering up this thread with your answers, you can leave me a REP point ^^ Or a Visitor's message.

Last edited:
Oh my goodness, Lemurkat, those all sound cool! I will have to give it some thought before picking a couple favourites!

It's really exciting to see people so game to let the creative juices flow in this swap! I am having all kinds of ideas flood my mind- stories a wrote years ago are competing in my head for a chance to be illustrated. This is what I really love about doing ATCs- the chance to get a jump-start on creativity. :)

Back
Top Bottom