It's In The Mail - Interesting Mail Boxes PHOTO ANGEL SWAP - due date August 15th

Love, love, love that mailbox, Blanche!
Minnkel, nope, didn't see any interesting mailboxes from the plane between MN and Chicago, nor, surprisingly, any on the 600+ mile ROAD TRIP from Chicago home, due to that bad weather, and the airline's total incompetence.
This swap may prove to be more challenging that I thought! lol

SOTO

Perhaps....but you are surely giving it your best shot!!! LOL!!

Got this one today - enroute to Hanmer (an alpine village/resort)

Canterbury Crusaders!

That is fantastic!!! Must be something in the water in the southern hemisphere!! Perhaps you could bottle it and sell it as Creative Juice??? :twitcy:

I sooooo sad... Ducky is beggin' to be forgivin... but I just gotta drop....
what's wrong with everyone around my place... no... big NO... strange, different, pretty mailboxes ... zip-zap-natta.... but even MY mailbox is a plain jane boring mailbox... so guess this is the norm for around here...

so please withdraw me from this swap...:(

Oh Ducky....it just won't be the same without you! :( Hope you'll still drop in and chat sometimes! And if you DO happen upon some mailboxes you like....there is (and most likely still will be) plenty of room for you to drop back in! Seems it is a more difficult swap that it seemed at first!

Just before Wil left to go back home, we were in a building in downtown Minneapolis and found this mailbox!!! This one is an extra one that will be in the Angel Swap! Thanks Wil for sharing this one with us!!!:jiggy: Don't forget...these don't have to be just those boxes at the end of the driveway!

This is such a fun swap idea! I do hope those that are having a hard time will come up with something - I am really fortunate to live in an area where people do have creative freedom with their mail boxes!

lemurkat - That is outstanding!

Kelly & Wil Opio, I ADORE that! mmm... lovin the Brass!

So...I went out for a few hours yesterday photo hunting for all these swaps I signed up for!
LUCKY me! I found some interesting and truly unique mailboxes. Only problem now is to pare it down to 3! I even found a few others that I would like to go back and photgraph when the holiday is over and not so much traffic.

well dang it.. even Melanies can't find some creative mailboxes and she even traveled to another state...
and LOOK at all the great ones that Blanche found just tooling around town... it's not fair..
but I am still looking... really I am... this has become a REAL challange for me now..
dang dang, where's all them mailboxes when I need them....

I still an offical drop out... (ouch, that sounds so bad) but an unoffical groupie...

well dang it.. even Melanies can't find some creative mailboxes and she even traveled to another state...
and LOOK at all the great ones that Blanche found just tooling around town... it's not fair..
but I am still looking... really I am... this has become a REAL challange for me now..

I still an offical drop out... (ouch, that sounds so bad) but an unoffical groupie...[/quote]

I'm still LOOKING TOO!

It was a funny joke, when we were on vacay...I would say, "hey there's a mailbox" and "oh, it's not worthy"! LOL!

I still an offical drop out... (ouch, that sounds so bad) but an unoffical groupie...

There is a reason I've been photographing mailboxes everytime I see a good one! The ones around here are pretty dull.

Posted mine today.

Wow Blanche! Those are really cool mailboxes! I can see your problem with paring them down to three. If you like though you can still send me the photos of the other ones and I can add them to the Angel Swap part.

Ducky, MelanieS and Notinkansas - There is still plenty of time....don't give up yet!!! Keep your eyes peeled (ouch that just sounds painful!) and hopefully some will show up before long. But we are glad you are still hanging out with us! WE LOVE OUR GROUPIES:jiggy:!!!

Anyone wanting one last chance to get in on the Mailbox Word Search game??? If so, check out post #34 in this thread to see the "rules" and the link to the game page. I'll pick the winner from all the entries on July 11th!!!:jiggy:

Just A Ducky thought.... but ya know maybe ??? Me and Melanie and NotinKansas we could get together and each send in ONE mailbox picture ???? YA know, 6 pairs of eyes with one heart ???? and a neighborhood of boring mailboxes...
I think I have some idea of WHY people around here ain't got neat looking mailboxes much anymore...
cause in the winter and our snow and then here coMES the road plows... and there GOEs
the mailbox... I think sometimes the snow plows see how many they can wipe out each day..
I do remember we USED to put out nice/pretty rural boxes but No more... just the plain jane
so that is my excuse and I sticking with it...:( :twitcy:

Last edited:
LOL!! I've sometimes wondered if the plow drivers get some kind of bonus for each mailbox they take out!!! We've never had one totally knocked down though...at least not yet!!

I haven't found anything very fancy either. I'm like Just Ducky and Minnkel. Just plain mailboxes. If it not the snow plow then its the combine headers or stack movers. I have two but like I said nothing fancy as far as decorated.

Back
Top Bottom