Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: It's An INCHIE-A-Thon July 8-10th

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

It's An INCHIE-A-Thon July 8-10th

It’s an INCHIE A-Thon

Start time (in your time zone) 12:01 am (midnight) on Friday Morning (But it really feels like Thursday Night at Midnight…same thing.) July 8, 2011, and end time (in your time zone) 11:59 pm (midnight) Sunday July 10, 2011

Your Host for this weekend are RobbyGirl and JensAZ

This weekend we will :
    1) INCHIES 1"X1” Mail Art. In any medium: collaging, sewing, painting, drawing, digital altering, photographs, metal work, beading, sculpting, using postage stamps, creating Found Poetry... you name but all in a 1” space!

2) Post your Awesome Creations here in the thread and to the A-Thon Gallery to share with the group.

3) Trade art –if you want to or just share your creations in a post. (just a general fyi, Typically they are traded in groups of 4 or 6 but you can trade inchies anyway that you agree upon with the other party.

4) Chat (if you can only stop in to admire the art and chat sometimes, that’s absolutely okay!)

5) Have awesome, ridiculous amounts of FUN!

OPTIONAL CHALLENGES/THEMES FOR THE WEEKEND:
    Friday – Inchies with Text

Saturday – Zetti Inchies or Circus Inchies

Sunday – Things with WIngs

PRIZES JensAZ and I are creating a prize Package for each days theme. To enter just create one set of inchies in the theme of the day and you are automatically entered to win the drawing for that day!

Remember this weekend is open to EVERYONE. You do not have to sign up.
    Challenges and themes are ENTIRELY optional. Create whatever is speaking to you today.

What is an Inchie
    Inchies are collectible 1 x 1 inches of art in any media from traditional to altered art collage to fabric to polymer clay and so on.

You Tube-video from Dana (our Fearless leader!) Creating Inchies
    Just a quick note. Typically inchies are traded in groups of 4 or 6 but you are free to make agreed upon trades for any number of inchies as long as both parties are happy. Also after you trade your inchies they should get changed from A thon gallery to Traded (So only available a thon cards are in the a thon gallery.)

Some Examples from JensAZ (Top 4 and bottom 4) and Myself (Middle 6)

Here's the "fine print"

What IS an ART-A-THON?
    It’s a marathon create-your-favorite-art weekend, done over the same day and time in each time zone.
    It’s kind of like we were all together for the weekend to play with our art supplies and this thread is our play room.

HOW IT WORKS: At 12:01 AM Wednesday June 1 (your time zone) start creating art, then upload your lovely creations to your gallery and post to the thread. Continue throughout the weekend. Trading and chatting ensues. At 11:59 on Sunday June 5 (your time zone) you’re done creating art… however you may continue to chat and trade as long as you like.

HOW TO ASK FOR A TRADE: When you find a piece of art or goody bag you must have, please SEND A PERSONAL MESSAGE (pm) to that person asking for a trade. Please DO NOT post requests for trades to the thread. It can get way too confusing.

Note: If you do make a trade, please be sure to send to your trade partner within two weeks. If you’re running late, communicate!

WANT TO COMPLIMENT AN ARTIST: And you will… remember you can click the You Rock button and leave it there.

HOW TO POST YOUR ART TO THE THREAD:
    From your atcsforall.com gallery:
    It’s easiest to have two windows open. I can create another "tab" and get to my gallery in one and be in my post reply box in the other.
    Internet Explorer
    1 Go to the main page of your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu has “properties” at the bottom.
    2) Right click on “properties”, and it will show you Address (URL). Highlight the address/url and copy (Ctrl C).
    Then follow steps 3 - 5
    Note: Your picture will come up as large. Most folks use small or medium in the thread.

Mozella Firefox and Mac Safari (most versions)
    1) Go to the main page of your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu that includes “Copy Image Location” (which is about 2/3 down the list for me)
    2) Click on the “Copy Image Location”
    Then follow steps 3 - 5

3) Go to your post in the thread and click on the "insert image" button (looks like a postcard)
    4) Paste the address (right click, click paste or Ctrl P) into the window that pops up and hit OK - that puts the code into your post for your picture to show up; (you paste the address from the properties box over the http thingy that shows when you open the "insert image" box)
    5) Remember that images from the gallery are small, medium or large. Most folks use small or medium in the thread. Find the word small, medium or large (or letters s m l) in the address and change it to size you want.

[IMG]http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Maygar_Posta-traded.jpg [/IMG

(leaving the last bracket off the above so you can see how the address will look)

From your computer:
    1. Click POST REPLY at the bottom of the messages screen. Above the message box, click the paperclip next to the smiley face. Then upload as usual. This will upload your picture as a thumbnail.
    2. If you go into the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the messages screen, click GO ADVANCED and you will get the paperclip above the message box.

From a flickr or photobucket account:
    http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2115

NEW TO A-THONS?
    If you have any questions at all, feel free to pm your host, or post your questions to the thread. We have a lot of experienced art-a-thoners who are more than willing to help those of you new to this craziness.
    Last edited by RobbyGirl; 07-09-2011 at 12:48 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I almost forgot PRIZES JensAZ and I are creating a prize package for each days theme. To enter just create one set of inchies in the theme of the day and you are automatically entered to win the drawing for that day!
    Last edited by RobbyGirl; 07-06-2011 at 03:01 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    i've never made and inchie but i have thought about it... humm... i think i'm gonna try to make this party! i've been all work and not play lately and need to get back on the THON wagon

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alright, I'm totally in! Can't wait to start!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sadly I'm moving home this weekend, so I'll probably be far to busy to join. Maybe next time?

jonquil is offline the Snarky Queen is Back!!!!!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am so ready for this
    5000 Poppies Project - PM me

"We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love... and then we return home." Australian Aboriginal Proverb

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can feel the excitement in the air! Like beeps, I've never made an inchie before but this sounds like loads of fun! Thank you RobbyGirl and JensAZ!
    My first THON...

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cut about 100 inchie blanks today and started printing tiny, tiny images. Hunting for my super small scissors now Prepping is fun too, now if I could just find my art table under all this debris!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    No big plans for this weekend, and I haven't made inchies in some time, so maybe I can join in for some fun!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would love to have you come play!

midnitecreations is offline I'm not procrastinating, I'm still working on yesterday..
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did an inchie swap here recently and made a bunch of backgrounds. Got stuff going on this weekend, but hopefully, I'll still be able to play a little bit especially since my backgrounds are already done!
    Play in the light of the sun. Dance in the light of the moon.
    My blog

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wonderful Hope to see you!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've discovered a new art mini virus. its called FEAR OF INCHIES!
    after watching a couple tutorials online (thanks Robby for posting the thread) I realize that I should of started backgrounds like, last month.
    And now I find out I could buy them already cut.

sigh. (I suppose the little one by one inch template was kinda stoopid.
    ah, well.....I may get over the Inchie making virus by tomorrow.
    gosh, I sure hope so........

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Better yet PMC swing by your local craft store and pick up a 1" square punch, makes inchie making a cinch! THen you can make big sheets of backgrounds and punch, punch, punch them out, super easy!!

jonquil is offline the Snarky Queen is Back!!!!!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    i am going to cross stitch a couple of inchie sets of six - so be ready for them
    5000 Poppies Project - PM me

"We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love... and then we return home." Australian Aboriginal Proverb

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh jonquil - that's a challenge! I cross-stitch too slowly but I may try making 1 set)

I ordered my 1" square punch in November last year and it has only JUST come in so now I MUST take part (to justify the wait)

bluelotusflower is offline a thousand petals, a thousand paths
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure that I will be able to participate, but I know your inchies will be awesome. I'll poke my head in a few times over the weekend to drool over the masterpieces.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all, a good nights sleep and I woke up with an answer to how I (personally) can cut out the paper for inchies.
    Now I'm excited to do background and cut out and be ready!
    watch the tutorial again and its really helpful on the little things I wouldn't think of.
    This is gonna be FUN!!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry.......p.s. Robby, thanks for your help!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't wait. I'm going to go create something for the monthly contest, haven't done that in awhile and the theme is FISH how fun! I need to distract myself cause I can't wait to do INCHIEs and I'm not in the mood to make commissions today, something just for me Whooo Hooo!