xstitcher

Please do not disturb, I am disturbed enough alrea
Friend of AFA
Media
Due Date: September 10
# Cards: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
# Participants: unlimited

Second Generation Swap
Have you ever looked at the 2nd generation trade thread only to decide not to sign up because there are so many cards to ship? Well I have so I decided to try a swap along the same lines only with way less cards for the players involved.

Here’s what I am thinking……………if you have 3 or 6 cards that just don’t go with your collection or you want to find new homes for them for whatever reason you can send them to me and I will make it happen. Please don’t use this as a dumping ground for any badly made cards, if you don’t like them for that reason why would anyone else want them? Cards of that nature will be returned to the player who sent them to me.

I will also accept cards you have made. Again make sure they are ones you would want to receive in a trade.

In return you will receive 3 or 6 cards someone else sent in to find a new home. I have figured a way to trade them lottery style while making sure no one gets the cards they sent in. And of course I would make sure no one got their own cards back if one happened to be sent to me.

Please check here before sending any cards for re trade! This is the "Do You Mind Your Cards Re-traded?" thread.

And in case anyone was wondering about iTraders for a swap like this……………….

It would be the same as any other swap As the host I will leave iTrader when I receive the cards from the players. When the players receive returns they will hopefully leave an iTrader for me.

As for rep points….

My players would need to leave points for each other, not the person the card came from. If I can figure out a way to let you know who sent me the cards you received you can leave rep points. I have an idea. It includes numbers and a master list…………….

A few housekeeping details……………..

USA folks please enclose a self-addressed envelope and postage (a single .44 stamp seems to work for 3 cards, but I personally put an extra .20 stamp, for an additional ounce, on all my swap return envelopes.). Please put my address in the return address corner if you feel so moved.

INTERNATIONAL folks enclose an address label, address printed clearly on a piece of paper or long self-addressed envelope. I’ll pay the return postage. (A dollar bill or .98 US stamp is appreciated, but if you don’t have either please don’t let that stop you from joining in on the fun)

An extra card needing a new home will put a smile on my face and would be greatly appreciated, but not required for joining.

**** I appreciate those of you who want to share your materials, but my talents are limited to cross stitching so what I receive for any other purpose I share with others. I don’t mind passing it on I just want you all to know I do.

Normally I would request no embellishments! For this swap I will accept them as long as they are not really big and bulky as this is an ATC swap, not chunky pages. If in doubt pm me.

Loose cards sliding around in the envelope can also cause a problem so use a small amount of tape to attach all cards together. (Small amount being the operative words here!)

Now who wants to get in on the fun of finding and giving new homes to some great 2nd generation cards?

Jesimal and GiggleFairy I have pm's both of you.

Don't think this swap is going to take off so it may be cancelled soon.

Maybe people are just a bit weird about re-homing cards? I have no issue with it as I had rather my cards be int he hands of people who enjoy them and 'get' my style. Please add me to the list!

Back
Top Bottom