Thread: Mixed Media CJ Group Forming! Closed

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Mixed Media CJ Group Forming! Closed

CLOSED & CANCELED

Scissors, Paper, Glue, CJ Group

This group is for collage and mixed media artists working with paper, paints, pens, rubber stamping (as embellishment) and other mixed media techniques. It is not for stickers, digital or photography. Texture is nice but all work should be reasonably flat unless the receiver has agreed to chunky embellishments.

We will be doing two pages that face each other as in an open book. These pages are often one continuous picture. Size is normally 6x6 or 8x8, but can vary some as long as it is not larger than 8x8 or smaller that 4x4.

What is a Circle Journal?

To join this group:
    --+15 iTrader
    As a participant, you are required to
    --check in with your Journal Group at least once a week
    --report to group when you will be away from net or out of town and where you stand on spreads at that time (VERY Important)
    --report when pages are mailed (it is suggested that you photograph the stamped envelope containing the page with the recipient's address for verification of mailing)
    --report when you receive a spread and from whom
    --notify the group and your partner if you cannot mail on time
    --notify your next trading partner, if you fall behind, not to create or mail a page for you until you are caught up.
    ~~ Be prepare for postage costs of mailing large envelopes each month and possibly around the world. ~~

Note: If you do not post to your group thread or to a Group Host for more than two (2) weeks, the Group Host may report you to the Moderators and your membership in the Circle Journals will go on suspension. Your name will be taken off the rotation and pages will not be sent to you. NO EXCEPTIONS. We expect active participation in all the groups.

~~ I plan to follow these rules. Communication is VERY important and I would prefer you not join if you are not typically active in the forum. ~~

* You will be notified to PM your Journal Group Host with your FULL contact information (Name, mailing address, email address, and all telephone numbers).

* A Start Date is selected either by your Journal Group Host or there may be discussion in your group.

* Delivery Confirmation Numbers (for USA) on packages are no longer mandatory for page spreads, but if you do use them, post the # in the group thread.

Any Questions?

Who wants to play with me for the next 5 or 6 months?
    What is your page size and theme?

If you meet the requirements I will pm you for full information.

A) Linda4atc ~8x8~ mermaids and under the sea, fairies and/or dragons

B)

C)

D)

E)

F)
    Last edited by Linda4atc; 10-01-2011 at 02:21 PM. Reason: spell check LOL

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK I will start My pages are 8x8 and I want mermaids, fairies and/or dragons
    Last edited by Linda4atc; 09-26-2011 at 01:30 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've never done one of these and would like to try, but I can't do this one, because the next 2-3 months are my busy Holiday Bazaar time. very interested in joining one after the holidays!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi MelanieS. I understand, there will probably be lots of people with that problem. I may skip December since even the mail will be a problem at that time of year. But anyone signing up MUST be really commited to it.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Linda, I have been looking at the Junque Journals and Journals that you and some of the others have been posting to the a-thon thread. I followed the links and thought it would be great to make a journal but maybe not a Junque journal and I even went out and bought a book. So............. your posting seems to leap out at me and is a great way to make the book interesting.

I would love to join if people don't find the fact that postage to me may be a little more.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dang my internet. Cathy I answered you yesterday and apparently the net failed before it posted.

You can definately join if you wish. And you do not even have to worry about the mail since you will be first and the others know before they join.

What size and what theme would you like?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    This sounds like fun Linda ... I'm not sure though I can participate in this one. I am doing my first Moley book with catscradle and I tried to participate in two but found out I have to complete one before I am alowed to do that. So I'm asumming that goes for here too???

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the rules say you can two circle journals, not more. I guess Moleys would be the same. You can check the stickys or ask a mod. But I tought you might like the hand drawn one if you do/can be in another group.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who do we ask about it because I'm in the same situation. (a Moley group for the first time) It just started and won't be done until next April. I'd love to join either of your 2 circle journals but I'm not sure if it's allowed.
    Are these square journals handmade like Decos? with a limited # of pages or just a regular hard or soft-cover bound journal that's the right size?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK I just looked it up. The Circle Journal group sticky does say you can be in two. This is not a book trade it is more of a Pick-a-them of pages that we mail directly to the reciepent. It is a big commitment but not as scary as the responsibilities of a Moley.

If you are doing your first Moley group you can only do one. I am guessing this would include the Circle Journal.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rats. Well, maybe down the line.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, crap! I just looked at your other one, I see it is full....sigh....

redplantlady is offline “Everything you can imagine is real.” ― Pablo Picasso
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh I love mermaids and under the sea and would love to jump aboard - is that possible? We just mail pages right? As I am in UK and an actual journal would be too expensive to send! Not sure how it works though? Can it be the same subject - as my alternative would be medieval images like books of hours...
    Last edited by redplantlady; 10-01-2011 at 06:16 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ohh redplantlady I am so sorry I decided last night to go ahead and close this swap. I just got sidetracked and didn't get to it. Going to pm you.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    CLOSED & CANCELED