Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hand drawn Circle Journal Group Full

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Hand drawn Circle Journal Group Full

6 participants, 5 two page layouts one each month

Pens, Paper, Paints, Hand drawn CJ Group

This group is for hand drawn art, paper, paints, pens, oil pastels, and pencils of your choice. It is not for stickers, rubber stamping, embelishments, digital or photography.

We will be doing two pages that face each other as in an open book. These pages are often one continuous picture. Size is normally 6x6 or 8x8, but can vary some as long as it is not larger than 8x8 or smaller that 4x4.

What is a Circle Journal?

To join this group:
    --+15 iTrader
    As a participant, you are required to
    --check in with your Journal Group at least once a week
    --report to group when you will be away from net or out of town and where you stand on spreads at that time (VERY Important)
    --report when pages are mailed (it is suggested that you photograph the stamped envelope containing the page with the recipient's address for verification of mailing)
    --report when you receive a spread and from whom
    --notify the group and your partner if you cannot mail on time
    --notify your next trading partner, if you fall behind, not to create or mail a page for you until you are caught up.
    ~~ Be prepare for postage costs of mailing large envelopes each month and possibly around the world. ~~

Note: If you do not post to your group thread or to a Group Host for more than two (2) weeks, the Group Host may report you to the Moderators and your membership in the Circle Journals will go on suspension. Your name will be taken off the rotation and pages will not be sent to you. NO EXCEPTIONS. We expect active participation in all the groups.

~~ I plan to follow these rules. Communication is VERY important and I would prefer you not join if you are not typically active in the forum. ~~

* You will be notified to PM your Journal Group Host with your FULL contact information (Name, mailing address, email address, and all telephone numbers).

* A Start Date is selected either by your Journal Group Host or there may be discussion in your group.

* Delivery Confirmation Numbers (for USA) on packages are no longer mandatory for page spreads, but if you do use them, post the # in the group thread.

Any Questions?

Who wants to play with me for the next 5 or 6 months?
    What is your page size and theme?

If you meet the requirements I will pm you for full information.

A) Linda4atc ~8x8~ mermaids, fairies, dragons, and other fantasy theme scenes

B) Mrs Alderman ~8x8~ http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/show...00&postcount=3 info complete

C) Locke (pending more comunication)

D) TF Balding ~8x8~ Theme... all things creepy, anything dark, macabre, gorey, spooky or otherwise ghoulish. info complete

E) Lemurkat ~8x8~ "A book that means something to me" (as in you, the artist, not me, the recepient). Basically, you choose a book that has stuck with you for some reason or another, something that you love. Illustrate it, and include either on the front or the back, the reason why you choose that book, please. Also, of course, the title and the author and a quote too, if you like. info complete

F) Evalila ~8x8~ "On the Dark Side", think vampires, dark fairies and elves, other dark creatures, witches, also dark gothic girls/ladies, graveyards, dungeons, haunted and abandoned houses, old castles...., info complete

8x8

More of my journal pages....

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gall...x.php?n=199439
    left page right page
    left page right page
    Last edited by Linda4atc; 09-29-2011 at 04:27 PM.

Rebeccaa Guest
    I would love to participate. The rules say you must have participated in three swaps, other than trading atcs I just participated in my first swap. Does that disqualify me?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    art is like a garden, hard work, but beautiful and delicious in the end!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    i will make a one link reference to them by sunday

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    So basically I will recieved and send two pages of illustrastions a month or so right?

I read the guidelines and still a little confused

When you say 8x8 do you really mean two pages that are 4x8 that combine to 8x8 or two 8x8 pages?

*confused*

I'd like to join though
    Looking to trade! I collect cards of my favorite pokemon Ivysaur!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK I just looked it up. The Circle Journal group sticky does say you can be in two. This is not a book trade it is more of a Pick-a-them of pages that we mail directly to the reciepent. It is a big commitment but not as scary as the responsibilities of a Moley.

If you are doing your first Moley group you can only do one. I am guessing this would include the Circle Journal.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    So basically I will recieved and send two pages of illustrastions a month or so right?

I read the guidelines and still a little confused

When you say 8x8 do you really mean two pages that are 4x8 that combine to 8x8 or two 8x8 pages?

*confused*

I'd like to join though
    Each person will have their own books. Most are 8x8 or 6x6 pages. You will get / make two of these each month. If we agree we may skip December since even the mail is a problem then.

My book is a scrapbook that has 8x8 pockets to slip the pages into. You can buy several sizes at store like Michaels, and can buy extra pockets if needed. Some people I think have other books that they glue the pages into.
    Last edited by Linda4atc; 09-29-2011 at 01:21 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hun the link in your signature works but I can not get these to work.... It doesn't even work to cut and paste...
    Last edited by Linda4atc; 09-29-2011 at 01:31 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebeccaa View Post
    I would love to participate. The rules say you must have participated in three swaps, other than trading atcs I just participated in my first swap. Does that disqualify me?
    Rebecca yes I am sorry I did not notice that. I was just looking at the gallery and itraders. I think you have to have completed 3 swaps.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    This site will be down for awhile. but we can catch up with an even faster site when it's back.

http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21052

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok i'll get you a working link of them all very soon

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    This sounds like alot of fun... i will totally join if you are ok with random pm's containing less than intelligent questions, lol...
    Size... 8x8
    and
    Theme... all things creepy, anything dark, macabre, gorey, spooky or otherwise ghoulish.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was asked if we all work on the pages for the same person each month...

No, Once we get things all set up here I will start a new thread with a rotational schedule for the pages. Each month you will be paired with someone different. Then you will mail to your partner for that month.

I will expect everyone to check in and post pictures of pages, and mail dates as well as letting us know when they arrive and doing itraders .
    Last edited by Linda4atc; 09-29-2011 at 03:09 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok awesome! was wondering too. thank you!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will need a vote from everyone..

I vote we skip December in the rotational. People are very busy (probably not me since I have no family nearby) and the mail is always crazy in December. What do you all want?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    i vote same. post office has enough to deal with, wouldn't want anything to get lost or damaged in the craze.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't done 8x8s in ages. But I'm game to start up again. I really should start up again in a larger media.
    But definitely, no posting in December = good plan.

I have a little booklet I made myself with 5 double-page spreads and two single page spreads (the first and the last). That sounds like exactly the right number for this swap. It measures 8x8 inches.

My theme is "A book that means something to me" (as in you, the artist, not me, the recepient). Basically, you choose a book that has stuck with you for some reason or another, something that you love. Illustrate it, and include either on the front or the back, the reason why you choose that book, please. Also, of course, the title and the author and a quote too, if you like.

If you would like to illustrate a scene from a book that I have written, let me know an dI'll send you a digital copy.
    Last edited by lemurkat; 09-29-2011 at 04:46 AM.

Read my books or follow my latest project:Animal-a-Day
    and play the game, "Zootrophy"

Evalila is offline Things can only get better.....
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I´ve never done this before, but I would love to join!

I would like my theme to be "On the Dark Side", think vampires, dark fairies and elves, other dark creatures, witches, also dark gothic girls/ladies, graveyards, dungeons, haunted and abandoned houses, old castles...., size 8x8

Question: Do we use scrapbook-pages to draw on or other paper (I, for example, usually use bristol board for drawing)? Hope this Q is not too stupid
    Last edited by Evalila; 09-29-2011 at 06:53 AM. Reason: adding info
    ~ Evelyn ~ I am not overweight, I am chocolate enriched

My APC Ad

www.shesdreaming.de

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haha Evalila, its what i asked, too. i'm hoping Linda likes teaching cause she's going to be doing plenty of that.

And i vote skip December, too. Too crazy. Too busy, post office is too scary in December!

Evalila is offline Things can only get better.....
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    ***LOL***

I would vote to skip December, too (only if I´m in, of course).
    ~ Evelyn ~ I am not overweight, I am chocolate enriched

My APC Ad

www.shesdreaming.de