Super Mod
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Swap Due Date – January 12
Signup/withdraw date – When full
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants – Unlimited!
The 3 International "postage paid by me" spots are filled. All out of USA players must include $1 for postage or equivalent US postage stamps (Canada .80 - All other .98)

Back by popular demand… it’s Paint Chip ATC’s #2
These are paint sample/swatch chips put out by paint manufacturers, and are available anywhere you can buy paint for your walls.

For our second Paint Sample Chip Swap, I’ve added a bit of challenge. This time our Paint Chip ATC’s must have the name of the paint chip showing, and your card’s theme must be based on the name of the paint chip.

1_Paint_chip-mushroom.jpg
1_ATART_Rose_Petal.jpg

For this swap ANY MEDIA is allowed. Draw on it, collage with/on it, paint on it, print on it, use your punches… AS LONG AS you meet the challenge requirements:
1) Paint Chip MUST be included as part of the card or as the background
2) The Paint Chip color name MUST show
3) Your cards theme MUST be based/themed on the Paint Chip color name.

NOTE:
*Stickers are allowed as a small embellishment only. Please don’t make it your main theme.

NITTY GRITTY DETAILS…..
* All cards must be standard 3.5” x 2.5”. New to ATC's - click here or how to make and here for how to mail safely.

* If using embellishments, please keep them VERY light. Otherwise send an extra .60 in postage to cover the cost of mailing.

* Original work only - no copies or prints.

* Each card must be different.

* Please send work you are proud to share with others.

* Send your cards in individual protective sleeves.

* Include swap name, username, real name on the back of all cards. (country is nice too)

* Please allow plenty of mailing time! Late cards will be returned un-swapped.

* If you need to drop out, just let me know. No cards and no communication is bad karma and will result in a neutral i-trader!

Note that this is 3 for 3 only. An extra card for the host is always appreciated but never required.

Postage:
US Participants: Please include a SASE with .44 postage. Please include your user name AND name of swap on your envelope.

International Participants: Please send your address on a self-stick mailing label (clearly written, please) and include your username. I will provide the envelope. I will cover postage for the first 3 International participants. ADDITONAL International participants, please include a well hidden $1.00 US Dollar. Or if you have American Postage: Canada = .80 cents; All others = .98 cents. An extra card is appreciated but is not required. Please mail early 2 ½ to 3 weeks is recommended.

Please PM me for my address when you are ready to mail your cards.

Posting in the thread when your cards are mailed will help me keep track. And please consider posting your lovely completed art for everyone to see. We all love to see what you’ve created.

When you receive your returns, please leave I-Trader for your swap host and rep points (you rock) for the artists of the cards you receive. It's nice to let folks know where their art now lives. :)

Please remember to mail early! I am an on time hostess and late cards will be returned un-swapped.

1. Lodiprincess - CA RECEIVED
2. lafaver55 - OK RECEIVED

3. CynthiaSillitoe - UT RECEIVED
4. Hazyoatie -UK RECEIVED
5. sueatbwp - ME RECEIVED
6. Sophie's mom - VA RECEIVED
7. Vicki Z - MN RECEIVED
8. susanb3258 - MN RECEIVED
9. Maineatc - ME RECEIVED
10. PshawRaven - FL RECEIVED
11. catladybj - GA
13. Cheryl - WA RECEIVED
15. Just Ducky - MI RECEIVED
16. Jennie - AZ RECEIVED
17. cameo - TX RECEIVED
18. ceejay - WI RECEIVED
19. maggiebloom - RECEIVED
21. pschafe1 - NY RECEIVED
22. mariloupatch - BLGM RECEIVED
23. minnkel - MN RECEIVED
24. Iridescent888 - OH RECEIVED
26. mrubyjean - WA RECEIVED
27. flutegirl - ME RECEIVED
28. maryfreeman0622 - IN RECEIVED
29. MarcieLee - CA RECEIVED
30. bluelotusflower - NY RECEIVED
31. jo.on.the.go - PA RECEIVED
32. marcilee - CA RECEIVED
34. lilbad - OR RECEIVED
35. ArtyD - IL RECEIVED
36. ArtsyLady - FL RECEIVED
37. jaw - WA RECEIVED
39. katiekellburton - ID RECEIVED
40. TxCat - FL RECEIVED
41. malufean76 - TX RECEIVED
42. MelanieS - OR RECEIVED
43. yellita96 - TX
44. kris10atcs - MO RECEIVED
45. krystenr - NY RECEIVED
47. poeticpaper - FL RECEIVED
49. nancydarling - NC RECEIVED
50. ICraft - FL RECEIVED
51. OrganicMama - OR RECEIVED
52. suezq45 - WA RECEIVED
53. katrinabean86 - CA RECEIVED
54. turtlemountain - CA on the way

Last edited:
oooo ... I'll lurk for now ... :mask: ... need to hit the paint department at Home Depot!!

This one is a new one to me, quite a challenge. Please add me in!

Lurk away Julie! I hope you come back. :)

Welcome to CynthiaSillitoe, Hazyoatie, sueatbwp, Sophie's mom, Vicki Z, susanb3258, Maineatc, and PshawRaven! Thank you all for playing! :jiggy:

Last edited:
I have a TON of them. think I want to make a big paint chip with the colors in rainbow order, like I saw on tv in David Bromstad's apt!!
my cards are done! ha ha! only because I could not get them mailed in by the deadline LAST time! was just waitin on Miss Helen!!!

Hi, can someone tell me what "paint chips" are. This does not appear
in the American Heritage Dictionary! I would love to take the challenge
if only I know what's about:skeptical:

Hi, can someone tell me what "paint chips" are. This does not appear
in the American Heritage Dictionary! I would love to take the challenge
if only I know what's about:skeptical:

Paint chips are color samples that the paint companies give away free to people planning to redocorate.
So if I am going to paint my kitchen, am I going to paint it yellow, or a brighter sunshine yellow, or a muted egg yolk yellow, or a pale yellow? I can get samples of all of these colors, bring them home, and see what looks better in my kitchen.

Paint chips can be small, with 4 or 5 colors on one card, or large, with one color on one 3 x 4 inch card (which is probably what the Golden Mushroom card is)

Last edited:
Reactions: HHC
did you know that I REALLY covet that mushroom card of yours??!!??!!!

That Golden Mushroom Card has been one of my favorites, too, even since the last Paint Chip Swap. I went on a search for the paint chip, but I cannot find it, and there seems to be no place that lists paint colors by manufacture.

BTW, Minnesota is "MN". You have me (and susan) as being from Michigan (MI).
Not that it really matters, I used to live in Michigan, in the U.P.

Back
Top Bottom