Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: #16 Moleskine Dream Team - First mail out 1/25/12 (Full)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all, so sorry I am late to party. I just found out this thread had already started.

My theme is "A Scene within a Scene" So basically you draw a scene, but then put a smaller scene inside of it. I hope this makes sense. I drew an example of what I want in my first pages.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Also, I think I just realized I made a newbie mistake. I used 3 pages instead of two..oops! Do you wanna kick me out of this already!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    YAY!!!! So glad you are here now Pixiepoo!!!! Now the whole gang is here!!!

A scene within a scene - cool idea! This will take some thinking on my part.

And you did this right!! You do the inside cover and neighboring page. And on the back of the "In case of loss" page you get to do that AND the follow 2-3 pages if you want!!! For mine, I did the back of the "In case of loss" page and the following 3 pages!! By my count, if you do it this way, then there is exactly enough "3 page spreads" for the rest of the artists in the group. This way your book will be completely filled up at the end of the year!!! Oh and don't forget your back pocket!! you can decorate that too!
    Last edited by HotMamaRama; 01-07-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alrighty then - I now have all of your theme descriptions linked to the first page by your name under "Participants & Themes". If you need to add any details, or make changes to your theme description for some reason, PLEASE go back to the thread post where you originally posted your theme and make the changes there. This way, the CORRECT information/instructions will be on the first page.

Rather than surfing through the thread trying to find where they posted their theme details and description, this will make it much easier to find the artist and theme when you get their book.

I know in my last group, I went back to this first page often to reread the artists theme description. It was quite helpful for me, and hope it makes life easier for you as well.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woo Hoo, my moley arrived this morning. I'm handling it like a rare, first edition book! Thanks, HotMama, for clarifying the different pages that I need to do in my book. I'm super excited and at the same time, I've got jitters about making the first marks in the book. Think I'll play with it blank for a few minutes before diving in. I'm lovin' this.
    old lady on the outside

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since a few of us have mentioned allowing for overlap between layouts I thought i would share some examples to help give you the idea. The overlap for my book can be minimal too, just so it flows together. Sorry the panaramic example is so small.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Click on this link for a larger version of the panaramic pic.

This is what one of the artists in my last group used to clarify. Thought it might help.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two last questions - Am I right that I will first send my book to pixiepoo, and will get it back at the end from DebbaPeot? If I am, I will know what I'm doing! And do we pm Hotmamarama that we are working, have mailed. etc so she can change our colors? Whoops, my moley just exploded....Shouldn't fondle it like that.....Gotta go roll it up.
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Check out the
    Chunky 'See It First' PIF http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32021

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some examples of the first two pages for travel plan and addy info. Click here.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    LMAO - exploded... I can't tell you how many times I would be working in a book and have it come unfolded and go flopping all over. I FINALLY caught on to rubber band those extending pages together so they wouldn't go everywhere when I was working on it. HA HA Sometimes I would get so into what I was working on, that I would forget there are pages hanging over the edge of the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Juanita Rojas View Post
    Two last questions - Am I right that I will first send my book to pixiepoo, and will get it back at the end from DebbaPeot? If I am, I will know what I'm doing! And do we pm Hotmamarama that we are working, have mailed. etc so she can change our colors? Whoops, my moley just exploded....Shouldn't fondle it like that.....Gotta go roll it up.
    To answer your questions:
    ~ Yes you are right with the mail out order! You send to pixiepoo and DebbaPeot will be the last to work in your book and mail it to you in the end.

~ You're more than welcome to PM me with your progress, but it is also BEST to mention it in the thread for all to see. This helps everyone know what's going on.
    Also gives a heads up to the next person on the travel plan so they can be ready and looking for it in the mail. I will change artist's colors at that time.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since we have so many moley virgins I'm trying to share some examples to help give ideas. Just let me know if I am overwhelming you and I'll stop.

This one is by Grrrdjules. First inside pages. Travel Plan and Her addy info. (which is blurred at the bottomin the photo). A different example of how she did her travel plan in another book.

Here is an AnnD example of her opening pages. (Travel Plan and address)

CatPratt examples of cover, travel plan, and first layout with instructions to artists.

Found Skyjules examples of her back pocket, and artist sign in page. Her Travel plan and artist instructions.

Here is one by Robyyot.

As you can see - there are about a million different ways you can do this. Possibilities are endless! Go with whatever works for you - afterall - it's your book!!
    Last edited by HotMamaRama; 01-07-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    HotMamaRama, I love looking at the examples that you have posted! It's always such fun to see what some of the other artists do with the books! I just completed my first ever moley late this fall, and getting your book back and spreading it all out is the greatest feeling! Even though you see the parts as it goes along, it's awesome to see it all at once! It's also really fun during the process to get the other books as they slowly fill up! You all have truly fun themes and it's going to be so fun to watch and lurk and see the art!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know exactly what you mean Kate - watching the progression is great, but nothing compares to having it all completed and in your hot little hands all spread out. I take mine out all the time to look at it and fondle lovingly. And I loved it when I would get other artists book as they were filling up - seeing the artwork as it unfolds ---so yummy!!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woot! I did it right. Thank you for those examples too, they really helped. I'm working on my inside cover and back pocket now. Once I'm done I can just send...correct???

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Make sure you read the first page for the sending requirements.

Basically - when you're ready to mail your book - Make sure to use a padded envelope or small box with padding. I find that the 6" X 9" padded envelopes work great and are NOT too expensive to mail.
    You'll also need to get a tracking number and then post the DC # in the thread. That way we can track where the book is at all times. One of the reasons I wanted to keep our group all based in the USA. You can't get a tracking # for International mail.
    Lastly, let me/us know in the thread when you have mailed out so I can change your status to "in transit" or "completed".

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you again, HotMama for the examples and your wonderful layout. I'm feeling a little intimidated to be in the company of such great artists, but I will pursue. My practice sketch is done, now to do the real thing!
    old lady on the outside

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Perfect! Thank you!

Your work is wonderful JSilver, don't feel intimidated!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love all the examples of the previous travel plans. Trina. ..that helped big time.
    Last edited by wildholly; 01-08-2012 at 01:47 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ditto from me, those links helped me set my focus.

Today I received HolleyRae's moley. I realized while admiring her first pages that we are actually all inspiring each other to do our best work PLUS as we go along.

I've finished my own first pages sketches - got to keep on schedule!
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Check out the
    Chunky 'See It First' PIF http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32021

HolleyRae is offline Suspended User Suspended Member
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah!!!!!!!!
    I was about to post my tracking number but i guess it isn't necessary now

I can't wait to get started on these moleys!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eye candy... Lurkers want Eye candy! (begging now... I would love to see what you all are up to!)