Small Screen Sci Fi: An ATC Swap - Due March 10, 2012

We did Firefly all Christmas Day... No one's mention some of my other favs - Fireball XL5, Stingray, Space 1999 (Maya was SO cool!), The Avengers, Jetsons, Outer Limits, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Land of the Lost (gotta love those Sleestaks!) Time Tunnel, Moonbase 3, V, Alf, Amazing Stories, Max Headroom...I could go on and on and on... One of the very first realistic portraits I drew was of Spock, back in '67...oh what a crush I had on him!

One of the very first realistic portraits I drew was of Spock, back in '67...oh what a crush I had on him!

I am STILL madly in love with Leonard Nimoy's Spock. Just named my new puppy after him (Spock...although Nimoy would be a cool name too.) Plomack soup and pointy ears. Sigh.....:yes:

Generally, you just make what YOU like. Do your best work and share on the thread. People will see your cards and some will comment they like them and a few may even beg or bribe the hostess to send your card to them :)

Of course if you draw Mr. Spock you will have to send it to me ;)

Melody, Deb is right on. Draw what YOU love, and there's a very good chance other people will love it, too. And people who've swapped with me before know that I appreciate hints. :)

That said, a swap is, in general terms, a lottery. There's no guarantee you'll get three cards corresponding to three characters / shows that you love, and in fact, I can practically guarantee you that you won't. Most of the people I know on this site are happy if they get one card they absolutely love, and THRILLED if they get two. Getting three amazing, perfect cards that you love and adore is sort of like seeing Big Foot & Elvis on the same day. If it happens to you, you're living the dream!

Els, that Dusty Abell piece is awesome! And I haven't thought about Outer Limits in years!

Hahahaha! That someone could be you, by the way. Just sayin'. :D

Is anyone planning to draw any X-Files cards? Purely curious. I realized a few weeks back that I have practically the whole series at my disposal on Netflix, so you know, I might "have to" watch all of them for this swap, because it might be, like, my sacred duty. Or something.

Oh me! Me! I know waaaay too many odd ball Sci-fi shows: Alien Nation, Andromeda, StarGate, Babylon 5 and y'know, Farscape ^_^

OMG Andromeda! Drawing the cat looking girl might me a good idea! Mmmmmm. She is so cool! AnnD what about the villains in star trek like the Klingon's, or Mudd? Would they be ok?

I wish this swap was 10 for 10! :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Is Babylon 5 a good series? I have it in my netflix queue, but have never watched it ....

I am STILL madly in love with Leonard Nimoy's Spock. Just named my new puppy after him (Spock...although Nimoy would be a cool name too.) Plomack soup and pointy ears. Sigh.....:yes:

:biglaugh::biglaugh: My husband and I have been wanting to move back to the country for a long time ... just have not have the financial resources yet. He promised to buy me horses, and I already picked their names: Kirk and Spock!

I've got a question (being new to this style of swap) -- how do I make sure that I draw things that someone else would like to get? I mean, it'd be pretty silly if I drew something from a show that nobody but me watched. XD (Like, Terra Nova) Are we going to make a list of things that people like, and match up accordingly?

I watch Terra Nova! is not as good as I thought it was going to be, but is OK!

Oh miss! Another member of the faithful! I am so happy! (Now you have to join though. As Siren herself pointed out, resistance is futile!)

Villains are AWESOME, SunTrade! I'm totally easy, forrealz.

Hubs & I tried really, really hard to get into Bab 5, but I can't say it was our fav. :(

Bazinga? Never heard of it. but love the name. Sounds like the words I come up with. :laugh:

Ann I watched all the XFiles. I am not really into gross stuff, but the episodes about alien conspiracies where so good!

Back
Top Bottom