Whales, Orcas, and Dolphins - Hand drawn/Painted - Due March 7

sasjhwa

Reaching for the Next Artistic Plateau
Media
Whales, Orcas, and Dolphins - Hand drawn/Painted

Signup/withdraw date - February 21
Withdrawals after the withdraw date will receive neutral feedback.
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants - 30 (my 3rd swap!)
Medium- Hand drawn/painted

For this swap you will create cards that feature dolphins, orcas, or whales. Hand drawn or painted only please. Please do your best work that you would be proud for someone to own.

If you have questions, just ask.

Details:
--cards must be standard ATC size, 2.5x3.5in
--include your username, real name, and location on the back of each card.
--hand drawn or painted only, please. Do your best work: Something you would be proud to give and to receive.
--US players: include a SASE with at least .45 cents in postage
--Internationals: Please send a self addressed envelope. I will cover the postage cost for all international traders. I collect postage stamps (new and postmarked) though so if you want to include a loose stamp from your country for my collection, that would be awesome.
--ALL PLAYERS write your user name on the back of your return envelope
--when your returns arrive, remember to leave iTrader for me and rep points for those whose cards you received. Part of the fun of the trade is finding out where in the world our cards ended up.
--if you need to drop the swap you must communicate with me. Withdrawals after the withdraw date will receive a neutral iTrader rating.

--When your cards are finished and ready to send, please PM me for address information.

--Host cards are not necessary but always treasured.

1. Sasjhwa - Washington - Arrived
2. Threshold90 - California - Withdrawal
3. Kyo - Mexico - Cards Lost
4. Lemurkat - New Zealand - Arrived
5. Freedom119 - New Jersey - Arrived
6. BryaAmirault - South Dakota - Arrived
7. Evalila - Germany - Arrived
8. Pauline - Australia - Arrived
9. Jiliyan - Canada - Arrived
10. Kris10satcs - Missouri - Arrived
11. Dulci - Montana - Withdrawal
12. Lea67000 - France - Arrived
13. Catsie - Texas - Withdrawal
14. Happyjappe - Australia - Arrived
15. Shewolf36 - California - Arrived
16. Picky Pie - Oregon - Arrived
17. NickyBlade - New York - Arrived
18. Mellyr - Australia - Arrived
19. Malufean76 - Texas - Arrived
20. Mikesatc - Rhode Island - Arrived
21. BayBird - California - Arrived

Last edited:
Okay, I would like to join. I should add a Kaikoura set to my New Zealand Naturally art cards, and this is a perfect excuse for drawing for it. I'm going to therefore do species that are found around New Zealand - the sperm whale, the killer whale, long finned pilot whale and maybe dusky dolphins. That's three dolphins and one whale, despite the names! But we'll see, maybe I'll draw a maui dolphin as well (it's a subspecies of Hector's) - one of the rarest sea dolphins in the world.

Kyo! Welcome! I'm honored to be your first swap here at ATCsForAll!!! I don't have any cards from Mexico either so I'm excited to see yours! If you have any questions or need any help with anything be sure to ask. We are a friendly bunch!

Lemurkat! Welcome! I love seeing all the different critters you come up with to illustrate! We have killer whales (more commonly called orcas here) in Washington too. :D

BryaAmirault! Welcome! Another new member in a first swap! This is very cool.

debs913 I hope you are able to find the time to jump in. The water is fine!

Evalila welcome! When people join that I haven't traded with I try to go through their galleries and see what they can do. You have some very gorgeous cards. :D

Paper should be thicker than typing paper. I use bristol paper for most of my cards. I use markers and they bleed through the paper and I want something to contain that a bit. I glue an information sheet on the back that has my name, username, swap name, card name, etc. which thickens it a bit. Some people use watercolor paper or cardstock or other papers. It is really up to you.

If you are using paint, be sure to use a paper that can handle the paint without wrinkling. It doesn't apply to this swap but if you join a mixed media swap use paper that is strong enough to hold whatever you are putting on it.

For my taste I like a card that I can hold in my hand that will not move if there is a breeze.

The site has a pretty good FAQ for new members. Also check out this post. It answers your question probably better than I did and lots of others as well, such as how to use the iTrader and You Rock! systems.

Back
Top Bottom