Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Legend of Zelda Hand Drawn ATC Swap - Due March 15th, 2012

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't wait to see them!
    I do the same! For the cards I create for a swap, I can say that I work on all of them at once, when I use watercolours or acrylics. XD And like you, I usually work on many swaps at once, so that makes from 8 to 12 cards done together (and a day or more gone for coloring, haha!).
    I want mail too!! XD Today we have the sun, so let's hope it will melt away some snow! I can't stand it anymore.
    Last edited by Clopina; 02-06-2012 at 03:29 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    me too! I usually have an idea on which will be collage/acrylics/watercolours and have 3 separate boxes I cart around with me when I work hehe and I'm less likely to get something finished if I only had 1 swap to xdo, if its 3/4 I'll get them done its very odd....
    anyway heres my other 2 I'm working on a top secret hostess card for you, I hope you like it.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haha that's a great idea!! I have acrylics and watercolours in separate boxes too, since I usually use them for swaps. XD That works with me too, since I usually have more inspiration if I have to draw many different things at once.

And I love your cards!! I especially adore your dark Zelda one, and the details on that shield are just great! Can't wait to see them in person! <3
    And thank you so much for working on a host card. That's really appreciated.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hehe that's why I joined up as it means I don't have to filter through all my ideas lol
    And thank you for the compliment. And its the least I could do seeing as your hosting the swap just hope you like it

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are the cards I've finished.. I hope I can mail the set this week~
    Attachment 92957Attachment 92958Attachment 93137
    Last edited by renren16; 02-10-2012 at 05:01 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok i got my inspiration can i jump back in again

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Those are fantastic renren!!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    renren - Your cards are so beautiful! I love your Saria, and you even drew Link with my fav tunic on And I adore your soft coloring. Can I ask you what you use to color them? <3

Bluegrassboy - of course! Happy to see you back! Can't wait to see your cards.

And now we only have one spot left. Does anyone want to grab it?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you pixiecorpse and Clopina. I used Prismacolor colored pencils, and used white and colorless pencils for blending.
    I bought the last 24 color set in a bookstore close to the university and I'm absolutely thrilled with it! I wish there's a store here selling individual colors, but I haven't found any.. And the huge sets are so expensive. Even if I want to buy sets on sale in Amazon, it would still be expensive when I add the shipping costs. x_x But I'm happy with my set now <3 Been experimenting with it for a few days

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking of getting some of those pencils but they are expensive

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    pixiecorpse Yes, they are expensive but I read somewhere that it's a good idea to buy a few pencils at a time, so you can get the colors that you want when you need them. And it took me a while to save up for the set. I hope it lasts a long time

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is a good idea, I generally use watercolour pencils, and I could do with buying a couple of replacements, getting a bit tiny! I'm tempted by those copic markers they look like fun they might have to be on the xmas list hehe

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    renren - Aww, I am trying to buy those colored pencils too! Here we have a store that sells individual pencils, but I don't know if they have Prismacolors too. I should go try and ask them, but like you say complete sets are so expensive... I need to gather enough money before... Won't be easy XD
    and pixiecorpse - I'm tempted by those Copic Markers too, I'm really fascinated by them. I've found some pricing online, but they are like 40 for 12 markers. I guess they'll be on my Xmas list too.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know what you mean they do 5 or 6 packs too for 12 but if you want flesh tones and black and greys and manga that's 3 sets :o soon adds up...my mums going to get a BIG list

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was looking for TLoZ images when I found this cute drawing of Princess Ruto and Link <3
    http://stressedjenny.deviantart.com/...Link-159759532
    The last time I played Ocarina of Time was 12 years ago, and I just got reminded of this part again <3 Anyone here played OoT too?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aaahhh that is so cute! Their expressions make me giggle
    I discovered the Zelda series with Twilight Princess in 2008, so I'm one of the last ones I fear. But as for now I've played that, OoT, Skyward Sword, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, and I'm working on finishing Majora's Mask, Wind Waker and Link's Awakening. And then I'll try my hand at the others too. XD
    I've played OoT like a billion times, both on my Wii (virtual console rocks! ) and the 3DS version. It's still my fav Zelda game. XD

And some news: it's still snowing, but hopefully the postman will come today since there's less snow than before, or I'll have to wait monday. I hate this weather!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    My sister loves zelda and has played a LOT of the games, I've played one of the earler ones I can't remember what it was called. And I tried to play the one with the train at the beginning and the cows get in the way on the ds but couldn't get poast that bit lol I'm a rubbish gamer
    Boo for snow!!! We had a bit more last night just as it was all going away

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    ohoh you should go on with it, it's a really cute game! and I'm not much of a gamer myself, the Zelda games are ones of the few I play XD

Boooo! Can't stand snow anymore! But for some good news! The sun is melting away all the snow here Let's hope it will go on like that!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mine should be on their way in the morning hope you like the extra!
    Its finding the time to do everything that stops me gaming, i love final fantasy but with 3 kids i cant give it the attention it needs lol
    yay for melting snow! we had a little more on friday, im hoping its gone by tomorrow

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kalimara your beautiful cards are here - Thank you so much for the extra card and the postage!

and pixie - I love it, thank you so much!! Ohoh now I understand lol! Time can be pretty hard to find!