Vicki Z

Addicted to ATCs
Media
In A Suitcase or a Chest Swap – Due March 23, 2012
Swap Due Date: March 23, 2012
Signup/Withdraw Date: March 23, 2012
Number of Cards: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of Participants: Unlimited

This swap is all about suitcases, trunks, chests, and their contents.
What would you put in a suitcase?
What did you find in that chest?
What would you store in a trunk?

Caution:
You must show the contents of the suitcase, or chest, or trunk.
If the chest is open, to show what it holds, that works.
If the container is shown closed, it must open to reveal its contents.

Think treasure chests full of beautiful gems.
Imagine a chest of buried treasure, or a pirate chest full of gold dubloons.
Perhaps a hope chest stuffed with dreams.

How about a suitcase of secrets.
Maybe that old trunk of grandma's that has been in the attic for 30 years.
Possiblly a beautiful, mother of pearl, inland box, laden with love letters.
Or a suitcase full of vintage valentines or brittle pages of antique sheet music.

Do you have a chest of fabric, waiting for the perfect quilt occasion?
Or a trunk of tea colored, age stained, antique lace.
Or a box of foreign coins, collected from your many travels?
Or a jewelry box overflowing with antique jewelry, including some family heirlooms from grams and great-grandma.

And what about Nosferatu or Count Dracula?
With their trunk
Full of dirt
Filled with dirt, AND rats
Containing the Count himself - or his wives - peacefully resting

Use your imagination!

Items that can be removed or taken out are a plus!!!!

Collections:
Herbs for Healing
Hope Chest for Marriage
A Trunk of Memories

Paranoia
Dracula's trunk of homeland soil
Vampire Hunting Kits
Werewolf Repellents, Silver Bullets, and a Crossbow
Suitcase of Top Secret Documents

Treasure
Pirate Chests of Gold coins
Lost and /or buried antique jewelry

* This is a 3 for 3 or 6 for 6 card trade. Make 3 or 6 cards and receive the same number back.

* Any theme, any medium. This means ALL mediums and styles are welcome. All I ask is that you send in your best work. Something you would not be disappointed in receiving if it was sent to you.

* Please make sure to package your cards securely and confirm there is enough postage on the envelope.

* If you are unsure about mailing ATCs, or just may want to pick up some good tips for shipping, here is a great link.
http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909

* If you are inside the U.S., please include a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches, plus 45 cents postage, or one "Forever" stamp if trading 3 cards, OR 65 cents postage or two "Forever" stamps if trading 6 cards, OR if your cards are extra heavy. Please put the Swap name and your Username on the back of your mailing envelope, return envelope, and on all cards. And please write clearly on everything!

* International participants, I will cover your postage. Please include a self addressed envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches (10 x 28 cm), or if you do not have the correct size envelope, please include a large mailing label with your address and I will provide the envelope. Please put your username and Swap Name on the back of your mailing envelope, return envelope if sent, and on all cards. And please write clearly on everything!

* I apologize for being so demanding about the envelope size, but the postal rates in the US charge extra for thickness. When cards are stacked, or overlapped, in (a smaller) envelope, it almost always costs more to mail. When I use the 9 1/2 inch business size envelopes, I can spread the cards over the area and be nice and thin and only pay for the normal postage.

* Cards are due to me by March 23, 2012. Please allow sufficient lead time for cards to get to me, particularly if you are an International participant. itrader ratings will be given when I receive your cards. Returns will be mailed promptly. Late cards will be traded with other late cards, or returned, as it is unfair to those participants who always have their cards in early or on time.

* Remember: We all want to be able to know who to give rep points back to. So, do not forget to put your username and swap name on the back of each card!

* An extra ATC in this theme is appreciated but not at all expected!

* Thank you for considering this swap! If you have my address from previous swaps, it hasn't changed. If you are new, or have not been in one of my swaps for a while, I’ll PM you with my address when you sign up!

* Above all ~Have fun!!!

Current Participants:
In A Suitcase or a Chest Swap – Due March 23, 2012

*1. mariloupatch - it - Cards Received 2/06 * BELGIUM
*2. ArtDuJunque - it - Cards Received 3/23
*3. Gerry - it - Cards Received 2/24 * UNITED KINGDOM
4. art_junkie - it - Cards Received
*5. lea67000 - it - Cards Received 2/02 * FRANCE
*6. sqeek - it - Cards Received 3/23
*7. Crystallized - it - Cards Received 2/07
*8. SunTrade - it - Cards Received 1/27
*/. bastcrystal - WITHDREW
*9. irva - it - Cards Received 2/22
*10. TxCat - it - Cards Received 3/16
11. pixiecorpse - Cards Mailed 3/08 * UNITED KINGDOM
*//. DenaCottrell - WITHDREW
*12. Magdapalka - it - Cards Received 3/14 * POLAND
*13. Vicki Z - Cards Received 1/21
rn14. Hanne Alice - it - Cards Received 3/05 * DENMARK
*//. Barbara F -WITHDREW * CANADA
15. MamaMallino - it - Cards Received 3/17
*16. leann - it - Cards Received 3/12

* INTERNATIONAL

Last edited:
LOVE your response, mariloupatch!
So I have signed you up, and will wait to see what you create, and share - or not!!

Last edited:
Another fun player.
GREAT references!
I have signed you up, ArtDuJunque.

Last edited:
Welcome Gerry.
Let's see if we can keep you well and out of the hospital for the duration of this swap.
I have signed you up.

I'm thinking about the little box of treasures my grandpa kept in his office, the suitcase rearranging mini game in my professor layton game, and my own suitcase holding my ephemera in my studio.

oh-oh!!!!
marilou has secrets she won't share.
And Gerry has been advised to keep her ideas locked up in the trunk.

I think I will have to open up my bolted shut suitcase, and release my ALIVE dummy puppet to keep you two in line.:D

Be afraid, be very afraid.

nooooooooooo not the ALIVE dummy puppet....How did you know that that was one of my fears..I promise to keep in line...:yes: At least when you are looking...heheheh

There is also a "Twilight Zone" show about a living dummy.
And there is the movie "Magic" staring Anthony Hopkins as both the ventriloquist and the voice of the living dummy.

Last edited:
nooooooooooo not the ALIVE dummy puppet....How did you know that that was one of my fears..I promise to keep in line...:yes: At least when you are looking...heheheh

I KNOW all things, or at least my crystal ball does:biglaugh:

Fortunately, you live miles away, and I can't watch you all the time.......
Besides, my crystal ball clouds up in cold weather, and Minnesota has a lot of cold weather.:yes::laugh:

I remember a dummy being in the series 'Soap' but it was a long time ago so I doubt anyone can remember it.
There was also an episode of Buffy which had a dummy that was supposed to have been harvesting organs, but it wasnt as it seemed. Dont want ot give away the script if anyone hasnt seen that one..

I remember "Soap"! It's where I first met (and had a crush on) Billy Crystal --- you can get it on Netflix!!

I'm lurking here .... :mask:

Back
Top Bottom