Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bizarre Holidays - MARCH Due March 20th

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Donna did I send April cards. I see some in my computer folder but I think they are from last year.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I does seem as though I have been her a long time. But On Saturday March 3rd it will have been a year. At almost 5000 posts it seems that I talk a lot, and in one year 224 swaps and only 5 of them have I hosted. Been a busy year.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jennie - yes, you have sent April cards for this year.
    WOW, that is a lot of swaps in a year! In my first year I was in about 150 swaps (NONE of them hosted by me) but my excuse is that I was trying to negotiate the Chinese mail system (and language) at the time
    I am so glad that the 2 of you found Bizarre Holidays.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    rebecca410 - your wonderful cards are here

As soon as I receive ScrapPea's cards I will swap out - slightly early but that is the advantage of being a select group

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I missed it? Count me in for April. I should have my craft stuff unpacked by the mail date and I'll send a few months at a time if that's ok. I just moved down the street from where I use to live, but I'm moving back in with hubby after 3 years separated. Lots of adjusting and going through 2 households worth of things. Stressssssssssed. Hoping I made the right decision. I have internet 24/7 now so that's a plus.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lilacdragn I have to ask ... what does your avatar say?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    lilacDragn - if you can mail cards within the next few days they should make it to me in time for the March swap.
    If you can't, don't worry - I am always happy to accept a few months at a time

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Donna, hey, I'm totally flippin' out here. It's been a Day: had a clueless cashier at Starbucks making a 3 minute transaction into 10+ minutes; my FourSquare app was acting funky, way more than usual; there was construction on the road to repair a downed telephone pole Saturday night, causing slow gaper traffic; and then I get to the PO.

These people are randomly fussy about "forever" stamps for international use. (Has anyone else in the US experienced this?) The woman cashier almost wouldn't credit me for that. Then when she did, she wouldn't postmark it; didn't want to be "responsible." The woman cashier next to her did and tossed it in the basket. There was a line so I had to leave, but I thought I overheard Fussy Cashier say something to Postmark Cashier.

I have no idea what is going to happen to this envelope. I can see it being returned. I can see...any number of unpleasant situations regarding this. PLEASE let me know when it arrives. My Bizarre-year-completion, and it has to be a US controversy.

Oh, yeah, and I guess I'll have lunch now.
    --Come roam with me on my blog: Zentangles, scrapbooking and cool parking spots.
    --Read my ATC article published in Michigan Scrapbooker!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    *deep breath* Okay, I feel better after that rant. I feel better, too, knowing I'm getting some food now.
    --Come roam with me on my blog: Zentangles, scrapbooking and cool parking spots.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I amazingly feel better after your rant too Scrap pea. it sort of went like my morning

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    There must have been something in the air - my Monday was not good either.

Don't you hate it when people speak behind your back - why can't they have the courage to say whatever it is to your face? (Probably because they know that they are wrong!)

Now that all the Mondayitis is out of the way we can enjoy ourselves and look forward to receiving some more WONDERFUL cards from friends.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well so far so good here. But I have not done much today ...

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...and here I thought I was just being whiney.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suntrade, my avatar is one of my first ever ATCs...its an outline of a body with the heart in red and "you are here" pointing to it.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...awwwww!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Scrap Pea find another post office, I never have a problem with using forever stamps. Supposedly it's a denomination just like any ofther stamp it just fluctuates. Of course I wear that t-shirt that says, I've had a bad day, I wouldn't anger me!!. Just kidding

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, the weirdest thing happened. The PO sent me a large envelope with a photocopy inside it. The photocopy was the front of the envelope I sent and a charge receipt for 89-cents. Because my envelope to you was hand-cancelled and that nasty witch no doubt said something to the hand-canceller, it had to be mailed. I guess. There was a handwritten scribble something like that. "Alice" had to pay out-of-pocket and has asked to be reimbursed.

I have no idea where that envelope is now. Why wasn't it returned to me? I can't get to the PO for at least a day or two now to find out. I'm thinking of sending my husband, but I don't know if he'll want to deal with that. He loves me, but only so much when it comes to that kinda thing.

I've been told by some postal clerks that the issue is on Australia's end, that since there is no $ noted on the stamp that they "won't know what to do with it." Sure, it might get through, but there's no guarantee is the PO here says.

Besides, 89-cents is more than what was owed. I had correct postage on it, just a forever stamp. I should owe 45-cents. They're probably considering it a "small package" now than the "envelope" it should have been.

Donna, this is WORTH it to get it to you and all the other players, but I'm annoyed.
    I'm a big believer in customer service; learned that from dad. The money is not an issue, but the time to go back, wait in line, hope "Alice" is there, etc etc is.

Two questions now:
    1--Has anyone else had an issue with forever stamps internationally?
    1A--Donna, have you had any issue receiving cards that may "mistakenly" have forever postage on them?

2--What's the best way to reimburse the 89-cents--pennies or a personal check she has to cash?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going off to pout now. I have things to do.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Scrape Pea- Never had a problem with forever stamps but it's almost a $1 stamp to Australia and if It's more than 1 ounce it's $1.19, or $1.99 depending on the envelope. It's never been only 1 forever stamp.

You put it in an envelope and use the smallest amount of change possible to reimburse Alice. Then you write on the envelope postage reimbustment for Alice, Thank you for your help.

What you aren't seeing is that it was caught by alice without enough postage and she generously paid for more, rather than just returning it which costs the post office money. It's a common thing here. My post man pays any postage due and then sticks an envelope in the box that tells me, but I have also had others at the PO do it on incoming mail. They send just what you got. It will get back to her.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I receive a lot of mail from the US with Forever stamps on it (and they generally add up to the same amount as those letters with 'real' stamps on them)

I have had the Australian stamping situation explained to me (and it may be part of the problem with the Forever stamps). Stamps issued for internal Australian usage are currently 60c - of which 6c is paid by the Post Office in tax to the Government. International stamps do not have that tax 'added' to their value so for every internal 60c stamp I put on an International envelope the Post Office is 'losing' 6c.
    This is not generally known but I had a very nice, knowledgeable Post Office employee explain it to me. Maybe the same is happening with your stamps?