NancyL

plays with color and texture
Friend of AFA
Media
Paint and Pens Abstract ATC Swap
Due Date- March 23
Number of cards-3/3 or 6/6
Number of players-unlimited

Media-LIMITED to paint, pens of any sort, ink, chalk and/or pastels.

Suggestions for ways to apply or use your paint:
stencils, object printing, spray paint in a bottle,
dripping, lines.

Just completed a short course on mixed media, presented by Traci Bautista, through Strathmore Papers.
I am intriqued on the ways you can combine paint and markers. Some of her suggestions which would be helpful for this swap are make sure your paint is dry before you add markers or pens. Use watercolor paper(doesn't matter what brand!) and just make random marks and play!
It would be easier to make a large piece and cut into ATC size cards.

General information-enclose all cards in sleeves.
Each card should be different.
Send your cards either in a holder, or taped side by side in a business-sized envelope.

US players-send along an addressed, business-sized envelope with postage attached.

International players-send along an address label and a dollar if you have one. Otherwise, don't worry---I will cover postage.

I do swap out on time. If you sign up and don't send cards, you might receive a neutral iTrader. However, if you need to withdraw, let me know and everything is fine.

Who is ready to play with their paints and pens and create some interesting abstract cards?

1. artkitty
2. Jewels
3. bnjunkie
4. me
5. Maineatc
6.. mariloupatch
7. Pwnderosa
8. clio164
9.. bastcrystal
10. pixiecorpse
11. ASchaum
12. rebecca410
13. jiliyan
14. BryaAmirault
15. Lafaver55
16. CameoCheryl
17. suezq45
18. Jean
19. Ligilass
20. Snickleme
21. ruthf4
22. malufean
23. RoOskie
24. sainteve
25. adventurer
26. Arty D
27. dezineliz
28. Jan
29. bitsysal49
30.slrandom
31. MamaMallino
32. willowh

Last edited:
Mariloupatch, the challenge on this one is sticking to the mediums So, sorry, wax is NOT listed.
However, oil pastels act as a resist and they ARE listed. Remember you are already in the crazy zone for the fabric card swap, it won;t hurt you to try something a bit new here.

If you decide to use some kind of stencils, broaden your horizon. Think of something that would give a good outline. I made some interesting stencils from a Xmas light holder....you know that plastic piece that keeps all the lights from tangling in their package. I have Xmas beads still attached to their cardboard. I have little sticks, kind of like long toothpicks that I place together. Cardboard from punching out game pieces for Carcassonne.
Besides using spray paint over these, I can use them as objects for printing, too. Both punchinella (sequin waste) and plastic mesh work well for painting on and then printing on you painted and dry paper.

I can't show any kind of examples until the new computer arrives eventually.

I took the same course. I can hear Traci's voice when I read your words "random marks and play". :) She certainly loves those words. I attempted the technique she taught for cards on another swap I'm in, but the results I had looked dumb to me, me being my worst critic and all I suppose. I'll try again though. Put me as a lurker for now...I'm moving soon so I'm not sure what my address will be in March. I'll be back though. :)

Hope to see you back. I made several pieces...I liked the acrylic ones more than the watercolor and writing ones. I was disappointed that Traci didn't really show us HOW to draw the faces.
I cut my pieces into samller pieces for cards. I kind of like the busyness of the pieces...but it is different than anything else I've done.

Back
Top Bottom