"As the crow flies" - Collage mixed media swap ~ Due October 5th

Okay, I´ve finished my cards now and it was really fun making these :)! But I guess it shows only my lack of imagination that maps and flying crows led me to make travelling-themed cards (LOL)... Anyway, I hope you can see the map there somewhere; I´ve used it as a background in every card, but seem to have almost covered it with all that other stuff. Will try to get them into mail soon!

Great cards Pikkis! I loved making these cards, hope you enjoy them:
1_The_art_of_flying2.jpg

1_Crows_fly.jpg

1_Crow.jpg

Hehe I was thinking how fast you had made them and I've just finished mine too but my gallery needs a clean out so can't upload them yet :D

Awesome cards by all who've sent so far! I love crows and maps but must keep lurking so far. I'll see when I'm done with my previous swaps!

Thanks for the kind comments everyone :)! And unicorn1, I love your cards and would be happy to get one of them when the time comes ;)! Great colour-combination!

Crow 1 & 2

Origami Crow, collage flower and Map background.
Origami Crow, collage native pattern and Map background.

There is an old tale in the French tradition which explains how the blackbird became black, and why it has a golden beak. Following a magpie's advice, a white bird entered an enchanted cavern to discover the priceless treasures of the Prince of Riches. Reaching a second, inner cavern the bird discovered a pile of gold dust. Plunging his beak into this dust, he was surprised by a demon guarding the treasure, who, belching fire and smoke, rushed headlong at him. As he flew out of the cavern, only just managing to escape the demon's clutches, he discovered that he was no longer white, but black, and that his beak was now a radiant golden color.
Credit: The Druid Animal Oracle

Last edited:
They look fantastic milloccpep! Love your origami!
And that's a great story!!!!

Mine will be in my gallery in a minute :D

Back
Top Bottom