Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Mini-House-a-Thon Thread II!

Jean is offline Artist in the Lucy Ricardo tradition
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Official Mini-House-a-Thon Thread II!

Welcome to the Mini House-a-thon! We love houses, so let's make mini-houses this weekend! Yup, it's a MINI-HAT! You knew I'm all about the hat, right? We'll be making houses in inchie, twinchie, and moo sizes. If you want to make a Hurricane Sandy house (an inchie, twinchie, or moo without a roof - feel free to post and trade those as well.)

Your greedy hostess is Jean, who will be around afternoons-late night EST. A co-host for mornings would be appreciated!

New to Inchie or Moo Houses?

Rogue Gal generously offers us this info from Tammybeck's and her own inchie house swaps. Mondo thanks, RG!
    Inchie House:
    *The base of each is one inchie (1x1)
    *For the roof, use an inchie, cut in half on the diagonal
    * Overlap the inchie behind the roof until the top corners of the inchie almost touch the diagonal edges of the roof (a gluestick works fine for adhering). I found it helpful to glue my roof to the inchie first, and then decorate so the design doesn't get covered in the overlap.
    * Final height is about 1 and 1/2 inch from base to top of roof.

Moo houses use inchie house rooftops (an inchie cut on the diag)

Twinchie houses would be a twinchie with a roof from a twinchie cut on the diagonal.

Inchie houses have a base 1x1 inch, or 2.5 cm square.
    Moo houses have a base that is 1x2.75 inches or 2.5x7 cm. Thank you, Artistically, for the metric measures!
    Twinchie houses have a base 2x2 inches, or 5 cm square.

WHEN WE PLAY:
    We begin at 12:00 a.m. Friday (middle-of-the-night, Thursday - TONIGHT!!) and end at midnight, Sunday evening.

WHAT WE DO:

We make - houses! Inchie houses, moos...no one will fuss if you want to make a house-shaped ATC or a house twinchie. We love our houses!

House shaped atcs...you are on your own, but if you have a method, let me know and I'll put it in this post for all.

PLEASE post your beauties for the inspiration and admiration of all! Please post in this thread, but do update your posts as to the availability of your houses. You can also post in your gallery or the athon gallery (provide a link if you are not posting to the thread).

Check in often, chit-chat as desired, lurk, trade if you like...we're not picky!

HOW WE TRADE:

See a house you like? PM the creator and arrange trades off-thread.

HOW WE POST TO THE THREAD (with thanks to Donnacr, from whose inchie thread I have shamelessly copied):

From your atcsforall.com gallery:
    It’s easiest to have two windows open. I can create another "tab" and get to my gallery in one and be in my post reply box in the other.
    Internet Explorer
    1 Go to the main page of your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu which has “properties” at the bottom.
    2) Right click on “properties”, and it will show you "Address (URL)"Highlight the address/url and copy (Ctrl C).
    Then follow steps 3 - 5 below
    Note: Your picture will come up as large. Most folks use small or medium in the thread.

Mozella Firefox and Mac Safari (most versions)
    1) Go to the main page of your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu that includes “Copy Image Location” (which is about 2/3 down the list for me)
    2) Click on the “Copy Image Location”
    Then follow steps 3 - 5

3) Go to your post in the thread and click on the "insert image" button (looks like a postcard)
    4) Paste the address (right click, click paste or Ctrl P) into the window that pops up and hit OK - that puts the code into your post for your picture to show up; (you paste the address from the properties box over the http thingy that shows when you open the "insert image" box)
    5) Remember that images from the gallery are small, medium or large. Most folks use small or medium in the thread. Find the word small, medium or large (or letters s m l) in the address and change it to size you want.

[IMG]http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Maygar_Posta-traded.jpg [/IMG

(leaving the last bracket off the above so you can see how the address will look)

From your computer:
    1. Click POST REPLY at the bottom of the messages screen. Above the message box, click the paperclip next to the smiley face. Then upload as usual. This will upload your picture as a thumbnail.
    2. If you go into the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the messages screen, click GO ADVANCED and you will get the paperclip above the message box.

Have fun!
    Last edited by Jean; 11-08-2012 at 02:11 PM.
    One of the truest tests of integrity is its blunt refusal to be compromised - Chinua Achebe
    Etsy Watercolor PIF thread My Website

prayer_at_night is offline Elvis Sparkley-Toes, the Christmas Elf
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waaaah, can't wait! But it's only four hours for me, and then it's midnight!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks jean!!!!! I will help out as much as I can............
    Monarch Butterflies are dancing embers in the forest and are just as lovely and gentle as a very sweet part of a symphony"......quoted by Dr. Lincoln Brower after a research trip to the Monarch's wintering sites in Mexico.................

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Be checking from time to time.

Rogue Gal is offline I choose to create, but not procreate.
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll try to play - I love little houses (with roofs and without!)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unsure as to whether I can play, but I'll be hanging around to see all your fabulous art!

"If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough."
    Instagram...Facebook...Etsy Shop...Vintage Etsy...

jonquil is offline the Snarky Queen is Back!!!!!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want to play sooooo bad - but have just finished HSC marking for the evening - off to bed and back to it in 11 hours

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is some Misc. for trade......Now I have to see if someone is going to play with me.............

twinchie.....traded
    Last edited by monarch; 11-09-2012 at 10:25 PM.
    Monarch Butterflies are dancing embers in the forest and are just as lovely and gentle as a very sweet part of a symphony"......quoted by Dr. Lincoln Brower after a research trip to the Monarch's wintering sites in Mexico.................

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful houses Monarch! I want to play. I stopped in here for a short distraction. I have to get work done and school my children first, then I am totally making houses. See you later.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had to finish some stuff for a craft show next weekend, but now I'm making houses! Whoohoo! Carol, those are adorable!!!
    One of the truest tests of integrity is its blunt refusal to be compromised - Chinua Achebe

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    The word AThon SCARES me...I looove them, but during my first one my cat became paralized..In a later one I was notified my my son had died and when doing the Halloween one I shattered my knee cap and I am in a long leg metal cast in excruciating pain and possibly will have surgery next week. I am afraid if I play a bomb or planet will fall from the sky and crash on my head!! I did try... It took me 5 hours to make 4 moos. These are a RAK for Monarch..she is such a special person and inspires me so much...If she can do it, By golly..I can too...
    Imagination is more important than knowledge...Albert Einstein

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    RAK houses for Monarch!
    Imagination is more important than knowledge...Albert Einstein

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh my gosh, Nancy!!!! my heart goes out to you, little girl. I send you smoochies.

I've not got a really good attendence record for athons lately, funny too, cause I just love them.
    but I'm gonna try to play, cause I love them houses..: ) got a special journal for my lil' houses and it needs more!
    maybe some Christmas houses?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    nancy - your houses are so cute!!!! and thanks so much!!!! You didn't have to do that............ I would be afraid to play too.........All the happenings are awful!!!!!!! How old was your son.................... I lost mine last year when he was 33................and it is so heart breaking.........

I sure hope the rest of you that can, will play..........

jonquil is offline the Snarky Queen is Back!!!!!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will be playing later today.It's nearly 6.30 am here in Australia - I will be able to make some either tonight or definitely tomorrow - have fun everyone

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope to see you and sooo glad you are back!!!!!!! Nice to see your art again!!!!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, Nancy....hugs and prayers for comfort and recovery your way! I finished the last batch of charms for the show and now am adding jump rings and cords...then....houses! I think I will make ornies for my Christmas tree....

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm getting my art clothes on and making some ornament twinchie houses!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    i really want to play but i have a swap and some special requests from the last 3 athons to finish up before i can play. wish me luck and a cooperative muse...and family!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Luck and muse to you! DSS had a box of candy with Hello Kitty on it, so I scavenged the box to make a Hello Kitty house for the tree. Hope to have a bunch of houses to upload tomorrow!