Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: #18 Magical Mischief and Mayhem Moley Group...First Mail Out 2/1/2013(FULL)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

#18 Magical Mischief and Mayhem Moley Group...First Mail Out 2/1/2013(FULL)

#18 Magical Mischief and Mayhem Moley Group...WE ARE FULL!
    First Mail Date: February 1, 2013
    Subsequent Mail-by dates: 3/1/2013, 4/1/2013, 5/1/2013, 6/1/2013, 7/1/2013, 8/1/2013, 9/1/2013, 10/1/2013, 11/1/2013
    Due Back in Hand by: December 1, 2013
    Withdraw By: NOT ALLOWED
    WE ARE FULL

Materials required: One blank Japanese Moleskine accordion style pocket album. Approximate size is 3.5" x 5.5". Available at Amazon.com and at MoleskineUS here. http://www.moleskineus.com/japanesebook.html

AFA says you Must:
    •Be an actively trading AFA member (defined as: positive itrader across 2 swaps in the last 3 months)
    •Have 3+ months in good standing (no neutrals or negative iTraders)
    •Have an iTrader rating of 25+
    •Be willing and able to do your very best work on a strict, inflexible time line, over a long period
    •Be willing and able to complete three (3) 3x5 journal pages in the themes chosen by your fellow participants
    •Have the cash resources necessary to ship eight (10) journals around the world using First Class mail with mandatory tracking

It is also mandatory that you share your mailing address, a phone number, and a contact person to the host. This is to be sure no journals go MIA - info will only be shared with your fellow Moley members.

You're responsible for:
    •Choosing and explaining your theme. Each artist will choose their own theme, color scheme/do and don’ts, and special instructions for their own moley’s. You may choose "No theme" if you want participants to "follow their muse."
    •Creating a three (3) page spread in each journal you receive.
    • Include at least your name, username, and date completed on the back of your spread.
    •Shipping to the next artist participant. Use a well padded bubble envelope, sturdy box or a small Flat Rate Box.
    •Paying for First Class mail and MANDATORY tracking/Delivery Confirmation.

Artist Instructions:
    1. Decorate the covers, if you choose. This may be completed either before or after the journal travels through the rotation. Some prefer to decorate before, to establish theme, palette, and mood. Some prefer to decorate after, to prevent damage to cover art. You decide!

2. Please include: (1) Your real name and address; (2) your username; (3) your assigned "travel-plan"; (4) a sign-in area for artists; and (5) any special instructions; in the opening pages of your book -- which you should also decorate.

3. In addition to decorating your opening, informational pages, please create one, 3-4 page spread in your own Moleskine journal. Yet another opportunity to establish theme.

4. Be sure to "fix" your art well, to prevent smudging. Allow plenty of time for drying before shipping. Wax paper between pages is a great idea.

5. Please communicate regularly via email, PM, or preferably, in this thread, whenever you have (1) received or (2) shipped a book. Include tracking numbers. We're all investing a huge amount of time, talent, and care in this project, and we want to see everyone's Moleskine journal home safely.

6. In the past there have been issues with journals piling up with one player who is unable to keep up due to unforeseen circumstances. Please communicate to the group if you find yourself falling behind. There are several ways to work around that but we cant help if we dont know what's going on. Communication is essential!

7. Please be sure to mail these journals at the post office personally. There have been incidences in other groups of journals being placed in a player's personal roadside box for mailing and having it stolen.

8. Most important: Be creative, do your very best work, stretch yourself, and have a blast!

Participants & Themes:
    1. theweavershand - I would like each of you to depict your own themes in the way you envision them.
    2. Pochadiva - Unnaturally Colored Faces with dazzling hair, nestled in Wild Flowers scattered under the watchful eye of an Anthropomorphic Sun.
    3. grrrdjules - Okeedokee, my theme is "in the kitchen". It can and in a perfect world would include any number of the following:
    anthropomorphic food or talking flatware, etc
    a drinking housewife
    anything 1950s vibe
    a recipe (no desserts or other sweets please)
    rotten children
    things not quite right - cat sitting in frypan on the stove, kid in oven, giant eyeball in cookie jar! etc
    Think odd, fun, satirical, silly, drunk foodie.
    4. miss - reading/ writing/ literacy/ typography/ story telling
    5. notinkansas - "Once upon a time..." Your own style illustrating a classic children's book/story with the focus on a main character.
    6. RobbyGirl - Animal Illustrations AKA - The Animal House
    -Please do create a background.
    Animals illustrated in your favorite style.
    ps. I like a party hats but it's not a requirement
    Please make art and not just a cut out if you are not hand drawing or painting.
    Please don't use stickers
    Please don't use heavy embellishments as I'd like the book to close neatly.
    Examples of Animal Illustrations I love:
    http://pinterest.com/robinpanzerart/...illustrations/
    http://pinterest.com/robinpanzerart/art-bovine/
    http://pinterest.com/robinpanzerart/art-rabbits/
    http://pinterest.com/robinpanzerart/art-owls/
    7. Penlowe- inspiring words
    I would like you to choose a phrase or sentence that inspires you, include at least part of them within the art you do, and illustrate it. Full text can be on the back side with who/ where it came from and your info.
    ELABORATION:
    I know the passage I will use in my spread comes from first Corinthians in the bible, it's about love.
    I don't want 'oh that's a nice sentiment' type words, I want words that really mean something to you. That phrase, quote, verse or song lyric you come back to over and over throughout the years. Sometimes the words that have great meaning to us don't conjure great pictures, so I leave it to your discretion exactly how you choose to illustrate them.
    8. KentuckyDakota-The Time Travelers Adventure Journal. I will start a journal entry. Each page can have a scene from the past, a scene from the imagined future, anywhere the time travelers airship might take him and a journal entry about his time there. (Just a sentence or two is fine)
    I'd like it to have a steampunky feel and I love the look of mainly sepia with just a color or two, but don't feel limited if you want to add more colors. I love bits of metal, found items, pockets and pop ups. Anything you can imagine, feel free to do it!
    9. mariloupatch - BEACH, no persons, lighthouses, birds, shells, ships, rocks, message in a bottle, let your imagination go wild.......but no persons, no people.....
    10. ScrapPea - HAIKU (SENRYU)

AND WE ARE FULL!!
    Last edited by theweavershand; 01-07-2013 at 09:00 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Travel Plans:
    Please note that the order of mailing will differ for each journal. Yes, this is absolutely more confusing than mailing to the same artist after each round of creating. The reasons behind jostling the order of mailing are (1) To keep the swap lively and challenging, by changing the person you're "working toward" in each round; and (2) To balance shipping costs across all participants.

BLUE = HOME
    RED = ACTIVE (Actively working on pages.)
    PURPLE = TRAVELING (Journal en route to next player.)
    GREEN = COMPLETED

1- theweavershand -ScrapPea-Pochadiva-mariloupatch-grrrdjules-KentuckyDakota-miss-Penlowe-notinkansas-RobbyGirl-theweavershand

2- Pochadiva-theweavershand-grrrdjules-ScrapPea-miss-mariloupatch-notinkansas-KentuckyDakota-RobbyGirl-Penlowe-Pochadiva

3- grrrdjules-Pochadiva-miss-theweavershand-notinkansas-ScrapPea-RobbyGirl-mariloupatch-Penlowe-KentuckyDakota-grrrdjules

4- miss-grrrdjules-notinkansas-Pochadiva-RobbyGirl-theweavershand-Penlowe-ScrapPea-KentuckyDakota-mariloupatch-miss

5- notinkansas-miss-RobbyGirl-grrrdjules-Penlowe-Pochadiva-KentuckyDakota-theweavershand-mariloupatch-ScrapPea-notinkansas

6- RobbyGirl-notinkansas-Penlowe-miss-KentuckyDakota-grrrdjules-mariloupatch-Pochadiva-ScrapPea-theweavershand-RobbyGirl

7- Penlowe-RobbyGirl-KentuckyDakota-notinkansas-mariloupatch-miss-ScrapPea-grrrdjules-theweavershand-Pochadiva-Penlowe

8- KentuckyDakota-Penlowe-mariloupatch-RobbyGirl-ScrapPea-notinkansas-theweavershand-miss-Pochadiva-grrrdjules-KentuckyDakota

9- mariloupatch-KentuckyDakota-ScrapPea-Penlowe-theweavershand-RobbyGirl-Pochadiva-notinkansas-grrrdjules-miss-mariloupatch

10- ScrapPea-mariloupatch-theweavershand-KentuckyDakota-Pochadiva-Penlowe-grrrdjules-RobbyGirl-miss-notinkansas-ScrapPea
    Last edited by theweavershand; 11-30-2013 at 05:45 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well.....here goes. I've chosen a theme of Unnaturally Colored Faces with dazzling hair, nestled in Wild Flowers scattered under the watchful eye of an Anthropomorphic Sun. boy....that's a mouthful. Hope that makes sense. I'm excited about the prospect of possessing my first artistically adorned moleskin! This is going to be a challenge and inspiring at the same time. I'm anxious to learn about the group's chosen themes!
    If arting most of the night is wrong, I don't want to be right!
    ----Me
    My Flickr photostream https://www.flickr.com/photos/127432040@N06/

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow...that is a mouthful and very specific! any further details or explaination you would like to provide so that everyone is clear on what you are looking for?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to leave it open to interpretation. Of course, I'll have some pages done before sending it on it's journey.
    ----Me

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome! i already have some ideas sketched out in my mind for it.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic! You know I love your style Amy.....
    ----Me

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to join the group, but...
    It is possible that I will be some days behind in a month if that is no problem, but will do anything to avoid this. Depends on my travels.
    Let me get my moleskine first, going shopping on Saturday next, and then I will sign up!
    "Creativity is intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
    My APC list

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh! Amy! Sign me up please!
    Been debating hosting for a while, this fits nicely. The dates are just right. I may or may not have a changed title at work, but if anything that will simplify my life as opposed to complicating it.

I need to think on theme....
    "Everything is better with diamond glaze, it's like bacon that way." grrrdjules

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome! Marilou, id love to have you in the group! these usually fill up quickly so if youd like to sign up...better to do it now than later. let me know.

welcome, Penlowe! feel like i havent seen you in ages! glad to have you!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like an exciting group! I better start dreaming up a theme!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok sign me up please. If this moleskine book is not available overhere I can order it at Amazon.uk.
    My APC list

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wooohoooo! I have to nail down a theme... I'm thinking booze.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    share a bottle of good french burgundy wine????
    My APC list

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I decided on my theme...BEACH, no persons, lighthouses, birds, shells, ships, rocks, message in a bottle, let your imagination go wild.......but no persons, no people.....
    Is this ok???
    My APC list

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like the theme: The Time Travelers Adventure Journal. I will start a journal entry. Each page can have a scene from the past, a scene from the imagined future, anywhere the time travelers airship might take him and a journal entry about his time there. (Just a sentence or two is fine)
    I'd like it to have a steampunky feel and I love the look of mainly sepia with just a color or two, but don't feel limited if you want to add more colors. I love bits of metal, found items, pockets and pop ups. Anything you can imagine, feel free to do it!
    He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming
    soon."
    Amen. Come, Lord Jesus. The grace of the Lord Jesus be
    with God's people. Amen.-Revelation 22:20-21
    Crows and Ravens
    Profile PAT

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    promise to be back soon with my theme....have to figure out how to express the "feel" I am going for... (maybe I'll ask Bonnie to help me with my description )

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great to have you, mariloupatch! great theme...im already thinking color schemes and picturing it. im not a fan of the beach as i burn in florescent lighting but for some reason, this year, ive been dying for a few days with the scent of the ocean and the sound of the waves.

this is going to be such a fun group! these themes are going to be fun and challenging!

jules...lol...what's your poison?
    Last edited by theweavershand; 12-18-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! Just checking in... still pinpointing an exact theme... so many possibilities

theweavershand, is our emergency contact person a real-life person, or an AFA person (lol, not that AFA people aren't real...)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by notinkansas View Post
    promise to be back soon with my theme....have to figure out how to express the "feel" I am going for... (maybe I'll ask Bonnie to help me with my description )
    I'm sure you will conjure up a dreamy theme Kelly!
    ----Me