Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: #18 Magical Mischief and Mayhem Moley Group...First Mail Out 2/1/2013(FULL)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbyGirl View Post
    Okay sweet Ames I'm going to be a bit of a pain in the butt and ask a bunch of questions to make sure/confirm I'm doing this right because it's my first moley.

I decorate:

The front cover (before or after) yes, either before or after is completely up to you. sometimes it helps to set the colors and tones that will help the other artists when creating their additions but it also will face a lot of wear and tear as it travels so if you do decide to do it before, be sure that it is well sealed.

The inside of the front cover (Travel Plan) as you open the front cover of your moley, the two page spread in front of you will be your travel plan and your information page

The information page (where I include my name/address/phone and stuff) see above

Do I do the back of the information page? the back of the information page can be either the first page of your 4 page spread (owner will do 4 pages, each subsequent artist will do 3 pages) or you can use it as a Sign in page. ive always done a 4 page spread but that is totally up to you

Where does the "Sign In" Page go? Is this just a place for a signature or is it more creative than that? again...this is personal choice (see above)

I then create the first 3 accordion pages in my own theme. see above

Do I do anything on the back page/pocket? again...up to you. you can decorate it or leave it blank. some people will put a little something in the pocket for each of the artists that will receive the book to take out when the book comes to them. nothing big or bulky and usually 9 copies of the same thing but again...that is up to you.

Does anyone have photos of a finished Moley to share?
    ill post some pics of past moleys that ive done to give you an idea of what i do.

if i didnt answer all of your questions, please let me know. im here to make this as easy and fun as possible for everyone.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    So what I'm hearing is that you actually will be doing the first 5 pages including the inside cover, info page and 3 self made pages of the accordion? This is my first one also, so I'm confirming all info. Thanks!
    If arting most of the night is wrong, I don't want to be right!
    ----Me
    My Flickr photostream https://www.flickr.com/photos/127432040@N06/

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    as you open the front cover there is a 2 page spread (the inside of the cover and the first page)...this will be your travel log and info page. when you turn the first page you will have the back of the first page and the first panel of the accordian pages in front of you. you can either make the back of that first page a signature page and make your spread on the first 3 panels of the accordian pages or you can omit the signature page and make a 4 page spread that starts with the back of the first page and includes the first 3 panels of the accordian pages. does that make sense?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok...now I get the picture. I'm sure I'll understand the layout better once I receive the book. thanks!
    ----Me

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    it will make much more sense when you actually see how the book is laid out. no problem. thats what im here for

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Amy you are working overtime! There are loads of examples in thegalleries and when I'm on puter and not phone I'll post links to flickr galleries of my moleys. This will be FUN!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    i just want to make sure everyone gets all of their questions answered and can embark on this knowing that we, as a group, will support each other through this. i know youve done many of these so if there are questions i cant answer or if im wrong on something...please step in and let me know.

it is going to be a fun group and im loving the themes so far! so well thought out and such fun challenges! i dont want anyone to get overwhelmed or worried about doing a good job or disappointing someone. everyone in this group is more than capable of making beautiful art that will be cherished.

please do! i would love to see the ones youve done!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    No worries Jules, just your personal artistic interpretation of realistic You know parts in the right places and realistic rather than fanciful coloring. I'm not a great drawer myself so I'm not expecting photographic type work

Quote Originally Posted by grrrdjules View Post
    Can I add to the shipping discussion as well that people PLEASE don't send your moley in a pouch and/or with heavy embellishments to keep cost of sendning down.

Robby I love your theme, my concern is that many people - myself included - can't do "realistic". It actually makes me break out in a sweat just thinking about it lol.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Amy for taking the trouble to answer my pesky questions

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    they were all very good questions, Robin and im sure you werent the only one that was wondering about them.

never worry about asking questions. communication is going to be the key to the success of this group.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is one moley set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/grrrdju...7625132955616/
    My intro pages are there and then the spreads I did for other peeps.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesomeness! love the themes and your interpretations!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Truly inspiring examples gals! Thanks for sharing! And those of you who are brave enough to ask questions are very helpful for those of us who forget what we were going to ask. Very helpful indeed!
    Think I'm starting to see how this works.
    He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming
    soon."
    Amen. Come, Lord Jesus. -Revelation 22:20
    Monochrome Rainbow

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    REally enjoyed that! Thanks Jules....gives me an idea of what I'm looking at.
    Last edited by Pochadiva; 12-20-2012 at 11:22 PM.
    ----Me

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    and we are now FULL! Welcome ScrapPea!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    if everyone can get their contact info to me ill get that list made up and get the mailing schedule up and posted ASAP.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok...travel plans have been posted. check out the second post in the thread and let me know if you have any questions.

i still need contact info from many of you. if you could take a moment and send that as soon as possible then i can get the contact list done and out to all of you.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay Amy, here I go again....

Travel Plan--

I send my book to Not In Kansas cause she's first on my list.

I receive a Penlowe's book because I am first on her list. When I finish her art then I can check her travel plan to see where her book goes to next or I can check her travel plan list (which shows Kentucky Dakota as the next receipient)

Do I have that right? Trying to save you the typing

okay can I mail out books as soon as they are done are should they be mailed at a specific time each month?