Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Postage Stamp-a-thon thread March 8-10!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Official Postage Stamp-a-thon thread March 8-10!

Postage Stamp-a-thon is here again!

trini70, jonquil and sniisk are hosting

Start time (in your time zone) 12:01 am on Friday morning, March 8, 2013
    and end time (in your time zone) 11:59 pm on Sunday evening, March 10, 2013.

This weekend we will :
    1) Create postage stamp art of any type to show and tell: ATC’s, chunky pages, 4x4’s, 4x6’s, inchies, twinchies, bookmarks, charms, jewelry, art dolls, skinny pages, journal pages, tags, rollos, gothic arches, post cards, altered tins – or whatever type of art your heart calls you to create.
    And we'll be collaging, sewing, painting, drawing, zentangles, digital altering, photographs, metal work, beading, sculpting, using postage stamps, creating Found Poetry, tea bag folding, transparencies... you name it!
    2) Show what lovely creations you've made
    3) Trade art - if you wish.
    4) Chat (if you can only stop in to admire the art and chat sometimes, that’s absolutely okay!)
    5) Feel free to ask questions in the thread
    6) HAVE FUN

OPTIONAL CHALLENGES/THEMES

Friday: postage stamp people
    Saturday: APCs
    Sunday: A portrait. Use the stamp as afocal point and then complete the picture. See the example below:

(Themes are ENTIRELY optional. Anything with postage stamps goes.)

ALSO NOTE that your work does NOT have to be for trade. If you’re working on swaps or a quilt or your journal, show us whatever you’re working on today.

What IS an a-thon?
    It’s a marathon create-your-favorite-art, done over the same day and time in each time zone. It’s kind of like we were all together for the weekend to play with our art supplies and this thread is our play room.

HOW IT WORKS: At 12:01 am on Friday (your time zone - which is really the midnight on Thursday if you think about it!) start creating art, then upload your lovely creations to the A-Thon Gallery and post to the thread. Continue throughout the event time. Trading and chatting ensues.

HOW TO ASK FOR A TRADE: When you find a piece of art or goody bag you must have, please SEND A PERSONAL MESSAGE (pm) to that person asking for a trade. Please DO NOT post requests for trades to the thread. It can get way too confusing.

Note: If you do make a trade, please be sure to send to your trade partner within two weeks. If you’re running late, communicate!

WANT TO COMPLIMENT AN ARTIST: And you will… remember you can click the You Rock button and leave it there.

HOW TO POST YOUR ART TO THE THREAD:
    From your atcsforall.com gallery:
    It’s easiest to have two windows open. I can create another "tab" and get to my gallery in one and be in my post reply box in the other.
    Internet Explorer
    1 Go to the main page of your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu has “properties” at the bottom.
    2) Right click on “properties”, and it will show you Address (URL). Highlight the address/url and copy (Ctrl C).
    Then follow steps 3 - 5

Note: Your picture will come up as large. Most folks use small or medium in the thread.

Mozella Firefox
    1) Go to the main page of your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu that includes “Copy Image Location” (which is about 2/3 down the list for me)
    2) Click on the “Copy Image Location”
    Then follow steps 3 - 5

3) Go to your post in the thread and click on the "insert image" button (looks like a postcard)
    4) Paste the address (right click, click paste or Ctrl V) into the window that pops up and hit OK - that puts the code into your post for your picture to show up; (you paste the address from the properties box over the http thingy that shows when you open the "insert image" box)
    5) Remember that images from the gallery can be small, medium or large. Find the word small, medium or large (or letters s m l) in the address and change it to size you want. Most folks use small or medium in the thread.
    [IMG]http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Maygar_Posta-traded.jpg [/IMG

(leaving the last bracket off the above so you can see how the address will look)

From your computer:
    1. Click POST REPLY at the bottom of the messages screen. Above the message box, click the paperclip next to the smiley face. Then upload as usual. This will upload your picture as a thumbnail.
    2. If you go into the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the messages screen, click GO ADVANCED and you will get the paperclip above the message box.

From a flickr or photobucket account:
    http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2115

NEW TO A-THONS?
    If you have any questions at all, feel free to pm your host, or post your questions to the thread. We have a lot of experienced art-a-thoners who are more than willing to help those of you new to this craziness.
    Last edited by sniisk; 03-09-2013 at 02:57 AM.
    My chunky page list and APC list

jonquil is offline the Snarky Queen is Back!!!!!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks Sanna - it's Friday morning here - I will be back this afternoon to make some art
    5000 Poppies Project - PM me

"We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love... and then we return home." Australian Aboriginal Proverb

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be working on Friday but will check the thread some times and will start creating in the evening.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm confused, does the for-trade art need to include stamps of some sort? Is that the theme?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think you are to have a Postage stamp on the card.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to everyone for your well wishes. Can't wait to see the first art.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to see you online Kristin. I hope you are getting lots of postive endorphins from all of us.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    i will be home from work in 4 hours - #notclockwatchingmuch!!!!!

"We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love... and then we return home." Australian Aboriginal Proverb

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gr. I have hours to go, and I actually have time now rather than the weekend. Drat.

Will drool and oogle after everyone's art though!
    Just your friendly neighborhood Jack in the Box that Pops in and out randomly

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    The house is clean, the dishes are done, the laundry is done (thanks Ma!) and I have a roast in the crockpot so I won't have to cook this weekend. My calendar is clear! Count me in!
    Make some art, then make some more.

[http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/show...or-Weirdy-Mail

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yum! I love a slow cooked roast.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am home and what a wonderful parcel day - napkins, papers, stamps and the new dylusions sprays all arrived this afternoon - will be posting shortly once I have used my new supplies

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I must look out some LOTR stamps - now where did I put them

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginart View Post
    I'm confused, does the for-trade art need to include stamps of some sort? Is that the theme?
    Yes, postage stamps is the theme. One stamp per card is of course enough.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    By the way, if you have any suggestions for daily challenges, just let us know and I'll put them in the first post.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone heard anything from Katrina (trini70)? She should be hosting but she hasn't been online for two days.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    here is my first one to get it started

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanna - haven't heard from her - if you need someone around I can step in to help - will be free for most of the weekend

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    maybe postage stamp people as a challenge???

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    the next three

#2 traded#4
    Last edited by jonquil; 03-10-2013 at 05:57 AM.