Punchinella Two Swap! Mixed media, Date Due: May 29, 2013

mrubyjean

colorful soul
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Swap Due Date – May 29, 2013
No sign up/withdrawal deadline, but please communicate!
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of Participants - Unlimited
Mixed media -- must include the use of punchinella

Welcome to the Punchinella Two Swap!
Returns Mailed ~ May 30, 2013!

This swap is a second chance to make mixed media ATCs and get creative with punchinella. Just over a year ago, I ran a Punchinella Possibilities Swap…and it was so much fun I’d like to do it again! You can find the first swap here ~ http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20639

Punchinella (or sequin waste) is popularly used in mixed media work. Some people cut it up and use actual pieces of the plastic in their art and others use the punchinella as a stencil. Either way is fine…the more imaginative ways you find to use it in your artwork, the better!

Here are a site which has a good description of punchinella and how it may be used :
http://www.skybluepink.com/punchinella.html , http://www.skybluepink.com/gallery3.html

As long as each of your cards includes some use of punchinella, it is good to go for this swap. Your cards can be Altered Playing Cards, Found Poetry, Zetti, collages, have mainly hand-drawn or hand-painted elements, use any colors and feature any themes! (Examples below, all made by me.)

If anyone would like to join the swap but doesn't have any punchinella, please let me know and I'll send you a piece.

Swap Requirements ~
* All cards should be standard 3.5” x 2.5”
* This swap is 3 for 3 only. An extra card for the host is welcome, but completely optional.
* Please send in your best work. Submit cards that you would be happy to get in return.
* Make sure cards are well-glued and sealed, if necessary.
* Originals only - no copies or prints.
* Use only light embellishments and make sure your cards fit in plastic sleeves.

Mailing Information ~
* Include username, real name, your state/country and the swap name on the back of all cards - and put username and swap name on all envelopes sent.
* US Participants – Please include a clearly written SASE.
* International Participants - Please send a clearly-addressed envelope or mailing label and I will cover postage.

Please PM me for my address when you are ready to mail your cards and please post in this thread when you are mail your cards. Any late cards will be returned.

When you receive your returns, please leave I-Trader for your swap host and rep points for the artists of the cards you receive. People like to know where their little artworks find homes!

Who wants to have some fun with punchinella?

1) *waffle
2) * Donnacr
3) *theweavershand
4) * locatray
5) tocovya
6) *kitty2287
7) * CynthiaSillitoe
8) * NancyL
9) RaineyDay
10) *zandradee
11) *Trinasatc's
12) *louisezee
13) * catb
14) * LindyLu
15) *Lady14
16) *scwk0511
17) * mariloupatch
18) *therapeuticart
19) * LorisArtsyObsession
20) *4ahappierme
21) *Yaqui13
22) *mtpaperplayer
23) Jewels
24) *ICraft
25) *Pamitha
26) *Beth
27) *amyfaerie
28) *NYJunkie
29) *JAD
30) *Amapola

Last edited:
Oh this is a VERY tempting swap and I am dying over the SkyBluePink gallery idea to use natural beeswax on the Punchinella and letting it build up. :idea: Can't wait to experiment with that. For now I'll tag this as a hopeful to play in but as soon as I have the time to create I promise I'll come back to join.

Lurking punchinella is very hard to find. I can only find them with stars, no dots. Stampington had them but sold out, and will not have new ones. Any interesting sites???

Welcome, ferretgirl!

Keep lurking, ICraft...hoping you are able to join later!

Marilou ~ take a look at the skybluepink link in the first post...and let me know if you would like me to send you some pieces of "dotty" punchinella. Using the stars is fine, too!

Lurkey turkey... I'm so hopelessly over-committed it's not even funny anymore... :sad: But if I find some time, I'll come back and play!

Will do, jaw, I'll sneak some punchinella into your art supplies...or bring some to the Irish pub and we can make punchinella napkins for later use in artwork!

I adore punchinella! Lurking... :mask: I'll see if I can create some tomorrow to get me started.

Back
Top Bottom