Page 1 of 81 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: ~Hand Drawn Round Robin and Buddy Cards ....

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up ~Hand Drawn Round Robin and Buddy Cards ....

~~Hand Drawn Round Robin and Buddy Cards~~
    We are a fun group of ATC artists who like to spread the making of ATCs around to more than one person.

Here is how a Round Robin works…………
    Round Robins(3 player cards)
    *Player 1 starts 3 hand drawn 2.5" x 3.5" atc cards. On the back please put AFA HD RR at the top so we know where it came from. And at least your username. Mail all 3 cards to Player 2.
    *Player 2 will work on the cards. Add at least your user name to the back. Mail all 3 cards to Player 3.
    *Player 3 will finish the cards. Add at least your user name to the back. Keep 1 card and mail the other 2 back to Player 1.
    *Player 1 will keep 1 card and mail the other one to Player 2.

Buddy Cards (2 player cards)
    ~Player 1 starts it off by starting 2 hand drawn 2.5" x 3.5" atc cards. On the back please put AFA HD BC at the top so we know where it came from. And at least your user name. Mail both cards to Player 2.
    ~Player 2 will complete both cards. Add at least their user name to the back. They will keep 1 card and mail the other one back to Player 1.

Jams are not a part of this thread. Jams are when player 1 starts only one card it is passed to two or three other people to work on. Then mailed back to the first person who makes good quality copies for each person who worked on their card.

Read the Rules in Post #2 please...
    Lets get started.... PM info to me if you want to participate....
    USERNAME:
    REAL NAME AND ADDRESS:
    THEME DON'Ts:?

Homers Only
    ~If you want to be removed from the participant list I can put you on a Homers only list. This is so you can still receive the cards that you have already worked on.
    CONTINUOUS PLAYER PARTICIPANTS linked to profile page for giving itraders

~Linda4atc PM me for a list of addresses for participants...
    ~AlornJR
    ~angelmuz
    ~big toe studio
    ~DeepDarkHana
    ~DeniseMDupree
    ~kentuckydakota
    ~Kynara
    ~lindagiese
    ~MACE
    ~mariloupatch
    ~mcgillisj
    ~Miss M
    ~NatashaMay
    ~Nicky
    ~Robin
    ~SunArt
    ~Tandy
    Left Group
    ArtsyOne
    BekaH (Vampiress_rose)
    MIA
    ~ScribbledMissives
    Last edited by Linda4atc; 04-25-2015 at 12:44 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    VERY IMPORTANT ~ Please note you must look at the address LIST before sending cards to anyone to make sure they are still playing and are not a Homers Only. ~This is a hand drawn/painted only group.

EQUALLY IMPORTANT ~ Please check what cards a player DOES NOT WANT. Do not send unwanted themes to anyone as they must pay to send them on to someone else .

The Rules please read...

~All cards need to be 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" an excellent way to mail sets is in a single row cut from a 9 pocket page. It not only keeps all three cards neat and together, it fits perfectly and stays flat in a legal size envelope.

~Make sure you have AFA HD RR ATCsForAll- Hand Drawn- Round Robins) on the back along with at least your username.

~"All additions to the ATC must be HP/HD [hand drawn, painted, marker or color pencil art]. Additions can be HP/HD on another piece of paper, cut out, and glued to the ATC. Only HD/HD art is allowed, meaning no collage or gluing of pre-printed materials, and no stamping."

~No gluing glitter is allowed since it can get messy for other players. You may use a glitter paint such as Stickles, which will not shed glitter.

~ only one set of any particular paint technique background be used in this HD group. A paint technique background is a random background usually done on larger paper and then cut into atcs. It does not include a painted background that represents something like a sunset, sky, land, mountains or water.

~IMPORTANT to CHECK the recipients status (Homers Only?) and Dont's BEFORE mailing to someone.

~All Players need put at least their usernames on the back before mailing.
    Last edited by Linda4atc; 03-03-2014 at 03:15 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some of you may find this link useful. Here is a useful Strathmore paper chart... I am using Strathmore Windpower Mixed Media Vellum surface140 lb. paper.
    Last edited by Linda4atc; 06-10-2013 at 05:33 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK I will have several sets ready tomorrow. I did these all in copic markers but they are open to any medium.

a bathtub(to kentuckydakota), a squirrel, a sand dollar and a tree they are in the first post. Any takers for stage 2?
    Last edited by Linda4atc; 05-31-2013 at 11:58 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just a couple of quick comments about the paper and backing:

1. 300# watercolour is really thick stuff (almost like cereal box cardboard); when I paint my cards, I use 140# watercolour paper which is already pretty thick, and I've never had paint go through it. I just did a quick experiment with some Alpha markers I have on hand (similar to Copic), and both of these weights of watercolour paper, along with some bristol. The Alphas went through the bristol, but didn't go through either one of the watercolour papers.

2. If you're going to back them to make the backs pretty, I would recommend this being the last step, unless the initial paper is so flimsy that it won't withstand paint or other wet media. When I paint, no matter how hard I try, somehow there's always just a bit of paint that makes its way around the back of the card. (Not soaking through, I think it's just if I do a brush stroke at the very edge, it kind of scrapes some paint off on the edge and gets onto the backside.) I once did some cards where I backed them first and then painted, and ended up getting paint on the backings of almost all of them.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK Thank you Sesshanach. I will make the backing optional. If anyone does back a card after it was worked on by other artists they would have to transfer the info.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    QUESTION Just for my clarity. If a player begins in one media, do we need to stay in that media? In other words, if a player starts a watercolor I can't add acrylic or pen but need to watercolor it as well?

ANSWER No I think most cards will be open to artist choice on mediums. BUT Player 1 does have the option to limit it to a specific medium. When this happens, and players follow the rules, you should not receive cards in a medium you have not mentioned.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Linda for that clarification. And I'd be happy to work on one of your starts. I especially like the bathtub but any would be a treat!
    He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming
    soon."
    Amen. Come, Lord Jesus. The grace of the Lord Jesus be
    with God's people. Amen.-Revelation 22:20-21
    Crows and Ravens
    Profile PAT

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome! I'll mail it on my next trip into town. It is 13 miles to the post office so I only go about once a week unless I need to go for another reason.

Art101 is offline You can get anything you want at Alice's Resturant
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda4atc View Post
    ~This thread is for hand drawn, painted, marker or color pencil art. No collage or stamping.
    Question:
    Sometimes the first or second player (in the other RR) will use watercolor or another medium that cannot have water successfully added on top of it. One way around this problem (when the next artist wants to use, for example, watercolor) is for the 2nd or 3rd artist to do their artwork on WC paper, then glue it to the card. It is all "handpainted". But, technically, it has a collage-like feature of something being glued on. Another example, sometimes I will add a piece of hand-colored-transparent-paper, gluing it over the top of a background. Again, it is "handpainted", yet has a collage-like feature.

Also, some paper cannot have watercolor (dampness) put on it without bad things happening.

Here is a sample of something I added, it was a hand-painted stripe of flowers, which I glued on to the card (since I could not watercolor over background medium). So it was handpainted .... but glued on (collaged). Is gluing on hand-painted or handdrawn/colored items OK, or not, in this RR?
    Last edited by Art101; 06-01-2013 at 03:28 AM.
    I saw you in my dreams ~ We were walking hand in hand

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's a good question. I've had to do that too before with watercolor or acrylic backgrounds. I think it would come up with a pen background too if it was dark.
    He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming
    soon."
    Amen. Come, Lord Jesus. The grace of the Lord Jesus be
    with God's people. Amen.-Revelation 22:20-21
    Crows and Ravens
    Profile PAT

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to join in, here are some starter cards that might work for this thread. There are two sets of three cards each, and all are watercolor paint on 140 lb watercolor paper.

One set is totally covered with color.

The other set has a frame effect where the center is still white (unpainted), and there is ink around the frame.

So, how does this work again, how are cards claimed? Do people ask for them? Am I supposed to be saying what types of mediums are acceptable on the cards?

[Many of my decisions will be based on if we can use the technique of gluing on our handdrawn/painted additions to the cards. See above posting #10.]
    Last edited by Art101; 06-01-2013 at 03:43 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well you ladies have more expierence than I and I had thought of that problem myself. I don't see a problem with glueing.

Player 1 has the option to limit a medium used by stating so on the back of a set. If they do not want the cards glued they can say so. Also in the participant list a player can list in the don'ts if they do not want to work on such cards.

Art101 your flower strip is lovely on those cards. I love the two starter sets and would love to take one.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    As for the question about player 2 (player 3) Anyone in the continuous list can be sent cards anytime. Personally I thought I would post my sets for a couple of days and give people a chance to ask for a set first. My tub set is the only one taken so far, so when I head to the post office I'll pick peoplee for the unclaimed sets.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    A little tip for you all. Make your sketch on tracing or thin copy paper and outline it in black. Then you can use a light table to draw it on all three cards. I use this technique for a lot of my art. Another advantage is that you keep the sketch and can reuse it again and again. It may not work if with very thick cards. I actually have a good light box I picked up years ago in a thrift store.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, before I can finish my list of preferences, is there a decision about being able to glue on additions to the ATCs? If is "yes" to gluing, then maybe change the rules to something such as:

OLD: This thread is for hand drawn, painted, marker or color pencil art. No collage or stamping

NEW:
    "All additions to the ATC must be HP/HD [hand drawn, painted, marker or color pencil art]. Additions can be HP/HD on another piece of paper, cut out, and glued to the ATC. Only HD/HD art is allowed, meaning no collage or gluing of pre-printed materials, and no stamping."
    Last edited by Art101; 06-03-2013 at 12:18 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well said, art101-very clear

lovely starters you posted, too
    http://www.willowing.org/life-book-2015/
    a year-long, once-a-week, on-line, mixed media class
    check it out-its AMAZING

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Art101. I just cut and pasted your words in the first post.

kentuckydakota I think I'll be getting the Tubs into the mail Monday or Tuesday. Did anyone else want to request a particular set, or do you want to be surprised?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been reading this thread twice, to be sure, and would like to join.
    I will PM you my list Linda.
    Is it possible to start as from July, I will be away most of June?
    "Creativity is intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
    My APC list

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure mariloupatch, I'll put you in the Homers Only list until you are ready to get active. Glad you are joining us.

Art101 Glad we got that all settled, I'll add you to the list and am looking forward to your lovely watercolor art.