Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: #19 It's another Moley Exchange! - Full

goatgoddess is offline every artist was first an amateur - ralph waldo emerson
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

#19 It's another Moley Exchange! - Full

First Mail Date: Sept 1 2013
    Due Home: May 2014
    Withdraw By: Not Allowed

all spots now taken

we will be following the atcsforall rules - as follows

REQUIREMENTS
    Because these type of swaps require a huge, very long-term commitment of time and resources, and because it is absolutely heartbreaking when a journal goes missing (unfortunately, it happens), there are special requirements for participation in a swap of this type.

You must:
    * Be an actively trading AFA member (defined as: positive iTrader across 2 swaps in the last 3 months)
    * Have 3+ months in good standing (no neutrals or negative iTraders)
    * Have an iTrader rating of 25+
    * Be willing and able to do your very best work on a strict, inflexible time line, over a long period
    * Be willing and able to complete the set number of journal pages in the themes chosen by your fellow participants depending on the journal group guidelines
    * Have the cash resources necessary to ship the journals around the world using First Class or Airmail. Tracking is not mandatory, but could be suggested

Additional Requirements for the Hosts:
    * Have completed hosting (5) swaps before hosting a circle journal swap. This is to give our Hosts the additional experience needed to handle a swap this long in duration
    * It is the Host's responsibility to get complete contact information for each member (real name, street address, mailing address if different, telephone numbers, email, etc.) And to PM this information to all members of the group.
    * It is the Host's responsibility to PM members who seem to be lagging behind in posting weekly and/or completing and mailing pages. If Hosts do not keep up with the members of their swap, AFA staff will assist.
    * If a player gets behind and the circle members are uncomfortable about leaving a negative iTrader, the Host shall, after notification to AFA staff of their intent, leave a negative iTrader for the delinquint player upon approval from AFA staff provided that the player:
    - has not responded to PM's from the Host despite logging in at AFA
    - has not posted to the thread for (2) weeks

Note: AFA members of iATCs can use their iATC stats to fulfill these requirements.

Limited sign ups for first-time participants. Individuals new to circle journals and book journal swaps at ATCsforALL.com can only sign up for one journal group initially. After the successful completion of their group, they are welcome to sign up for multiple groups but must check with a Moderator before signing up for more than three (3).

iTrader for players removed from a Moley group:
    -If someone worked in a player's moley, and the player DIDN'T do theirs, they should receive a Negative until they mail pages, the rating will then be changed to a Neutral.
    -If a player holds up a moley for more than 2 weeks past the mail out dead line, the owner can give neutral at their discretion.

now for the fun part
    we will be using the Japanese Moleskine accordion style pocket album. Approximate size is 3.5" x 5.5". Available at Amazon.com and at MoleskineUS here. http://www.moleskineus.com/japanesebook.html

Pick your theme!

Decorate the covers or wait till your book comes home
    some like to wait to protect the covers from damage - some like to establish theme, palette, and mood by doing their cover before.

on the front inside cover please put your name, address and phone number in case your book is lost in the mail

also either in the front or the back inside covers put
    1. your username
    2. your assigned "travel-plan"
    3. a sign-in area for artists
    4. any special instructions
    5. also decorate the first three pages (the fold out ones) in your theme
    this will leave 27 pages for the other nine artist to each do three pages in your book.

Allow plenty of time for drying before shipping. Wax paper between pages is a must in the summer heat!!!

Be sure to communicate regularly via email, PM, and in this thread
    When ever you rec or send a book - include tracking numbers. They are required in case a book goes missing.

There has been issues with journals piling up with one player who is unable to keep up due to Life - please let us know - everyone understands and there are ways we can work around that if you find yourself with this issue. So please talk to me and we will come up with a way for you to finish and the books keep on moving. Communication is Key!

mail these journals at the post office personally. Don't want to chance them getting taken from the mail boxes plus that way you can be sure to get a tracking number

Players and Themes

1. goatgoddess
    it's a beautiful sunny summer day - the bee's are buzzing ........

my theme is summer days - whatever that means to you with at least one bumble bee somewhere in there <g> he can even be hiding on the B side of the paper

2. angelmuz
    theme is "A World of My Own-What kind of World would you create?"

3. jazzie

Theme: A PORTRAIT GALLERY or Face Your Fears
    Each page will be a separate, framed portrait Ė so each artist will do three portraits.

Style: yours!

Media: your choice, but I really donít want ďtip-inĒ pages. Do your best in the book, if you make an oops, stay calm. Ask yourself, whoís going to know itís an oops? If the answer is no one but you, and you can live with it, just carry on. If it really messes your vision to leave it be, think of some clever way to deal with it, without a ďtip-iní page. I will be forever grateful.

Who are these portaits of?: Anybody you want. It can be of someone you know, someone we all know, or someone from your imagination with its own backstory. Feel free to write info on the blank side of the Moley page.

Some of you are probably saying this is right up my alley and the rest are cringing in the corner. Iím right there in the corner with you! I donít find it easy to draw and faces are my biggest challenge so I'm pushing myself out of my comfort zone. Iíve seen some great faces in some of your galleries and Iíve seen some great pattern and color work by those of you who havenít posted any faces. I know you can all do this. [And who says a portrait has to be of a person?]

4. bridgetgethins
    Artist's Choice

5. waffle - theme
    "Celebrating Japan". So, it would be for artwork (any medium) featuring something about modern or old/vintage Japan. The Tokyo city scape, sushi, noodle bar, anime characters/film, landscapes, geishas, school uniforms, tea ceremonies, origami, samurais, anything you find captivating about the country and culture.

6. HiddenTreasure2010
    whimsy seascapes

7. JSilver - theme
    "Seasons: the one you are in right now". Artist's choice of rendering the season that she is experiencing at the time she has my book. Hope that makes sense! I prefer hand drawn/ hand painted with some collage that adds to the scene.

8. Tandy
    Sock Monkey's take a European vacation

9. kwailin777 - theme
    I'm a stickler for receiving what artist feel, make them the most happy to create. So my theme will be "Simply the Best" Do what you do best.

you will do a 3 page spread in each book you rec. please be care of the the pages you are next too and keep your art to your 3 pages - post it's work nicely to keep the pages ahead and behind your art clean

mail your books in a plastic ziplock bag - Wax paper between pages is a must in the summer heat!!! protect your art and others!
    Last edited by goatgoddess; 08-07-2013 at 04:09 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    When and where to mail - you will mail to the same person each time to keep things nice and simple

green (mailed) Orange (late) Blue (molie rec)

Oct 1, 2013

Goatgoddess to HiddenTreasure2010

HiddenTreasure2010 to angelmuz

angelmuz to bridgetgethins

bridgetgethins to waffle

waffle to Tandy

Tandy to kwailin777

kwailin777 to Jazzie

Jazzie to JSilver

JSilver to Goatgoddess

green (mailed) Orange (late) Blue (molie rec)

Nov 1, 2013

bridgetgethins to waffle

waffle to Tandy

Tandy to kwailin777

kwailin777 to Jazzie

Jazzie to JSilver

JSilver to Goatgoddess

Dec 1, 2013

bridgetgethins to waffle

waffle to Tandy

Tandy to kwailin777

kwailin777 to Jazzie

Jazzie to JSilver

JSilver to Goatgoddess

Jan 2, 2014

Feb 1, 2014
    Tamdy - bookless
    goatgoddess - has Tandy's, Waffle's and bridgetgethins's books
    Jazzie - has angelmuz's book
    Waffle - has JSilver's book
    bridgetgethins - Jazzie's book
    Hiddentreasure2010 - (not sure which one she has now)
    kwailin777 - has goatgoddess's book to be mailedHiddentreasure
    angelmuz - bookless
    JSilver - bookless

will be updating further - please let me know if I missed you or you are bookless
    or I just have the wrong info <G>

March 1, 2014

April 1, 2014 Molies come home!!!

Last edited by goatgoddess; 03-04-2014 at 12:17 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    YES!!! Please!
    old lady on the outside

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much for hosting this goatgoddess! I'm ordering my new moley today. Yay!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    very cool - I need to do that myself.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Me too! Thank you Goatgoddess again! So excited.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so excited too! Thanks GG for hosting. It's a big job; but I appreciate you.
    old lady on the outside

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh how fun! I haven't done one of these before, but have really been wanting to do one. Thanks so much Jazzie for the head's up! Please count me in!

My theme would be: Sock Monkeys' take a European vacation.
    Last edited by Tandy; 07-03-2013 at 02:37 AM.
    Tandy~Tracy Anderson
    Check out my Blog!
    Victory in Jesus:"Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world."~1 John 4:4

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so excited......OMG! Ordering a few more moleys in the next few minutes. I look forward to moleying with you all!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gosh, I'm extremely tempted. I've never done one of these before. Can you tell me how much time we get in between mailings? Also, do you know the approximate cost to ship? International? I don't need to know exact shipping just ball park. Under five? under ten? After these questions are answered, and I think I could do this, I'd join.
    If I haven't said thank you for a kind comment, please know that they are very much appreciated.
    Envie Addicts Unite! July
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production blog

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we're posting themes, mine will be "Seasons: the one you are in right now". Artist's choice of rendering the season that she is experiencing at the time she has my book. Hope that makes sense! I prefer hand drawn/ hand painted with some collage that adds to the scene.
    old lady on the outside

native killette is offline Wheel In The Sky Keeps On Turnin'!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want to join but I have just a pocket moleskine! I'm going to research prices! Does anyone have an extra I could trade for? I've literally been dying to join a moleskine group but they are always full!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, can't resist...please sign me up!
    If I haven't said thank you for a kind comment, please know that they are very much appreciated.
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production blog

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ooooh filling up! I can't wait... I bought my moley yesterday in a little local art store and am gonna start up. I am thinking to do a theme of "In a world of my own" Then everyone can make a pretend world they would like... Candyland... Wonderland... etc. So excited to play!

jazzie is offline I would have Harold Lloyd's babies if I could.
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Usually the mailings are a month apart, so think about a week in transit and you have three weeks to work on the one in your custody. The Moleys fit great in the dvd sized Flat Rate Priority box that is now $6-something and comes with free tracking. It's a little more than mailing it in a bubble envie, but I think it protects the Moley better and you have all that space to stuff other goodies into w/o it costing anymore. And you don't have to buy a bubble envie. My last (and only) group had three international mailings and I don't remember exactly how much, but under $10 and I think closer to $6-$8 in a bubble envie.

Quote Originally Posted by kwailin777 View Post
    Gosh, I'm extremely tempted. I've never done one of these before. Can you tell me how much time we get in between mailings? Also, do you know the approximate cost to ship? International? I don't need to know exact shipping just ball park. Under five? under ten? After these questions are answered, and I think I could do this, I'd join.
    Last edited by jazzie; 07-03-2013 at 02:02 PM.
    PM me for new address - no longer @ Hillandale or Talbot
    coachart www.coachart.org

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I'm in, I'll just have to buy a moley next week unless someone has an extra?!

Super excited!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jackie! I'm horrible at math, but I did figure that it would be approx. a month for each turn around. That's do able! Excellent info for the mailing.
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production blog

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    native killette, I found my accordion style japanese moley from amazon. Nobody else ships to Canada.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just looked but its the same price as the moleskine site. Lol. Amazon is great though!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oooooooh, what an interesting group! Will keep an eye on those last spots.