ATC Guru
Media
Due Date: October 14, 2013
Signup/Withdraw Date: October 9, 2014
Number of Cards: 3 for 3 OR 6 for 6
Number of Participants: Unlimited
Media: Hand Drawn / Hand Painted

Chibis, Chibis Everywhere!
Chibis are cute, small, adorable little characters. They're quite popular in Japan. If you're not sure please see this Wikipedia page and this one. (Both pages are short but will give anyone new to chibis a great overview.)

For this swap you can make chibis of famous people or characters, made-up chibis straight from your imagination, human, animals, fantasy, scary, fairy tale, etc. Anything goes as long as the main thing on the ATC is a chibi!

Please do not do just a close up of their face. We must be able to see at least from their knees up. No plain white backgrounds; create a scene for your chibis or fill the background in. Let's see how ridiculously cute & cool we can make these!

How can anyone resist faces like those?
Chibi examples by:
Top Row- Kaos Ninja9, SellyBellyChan, Squ1rrel
Bottom Row- wunderland, DmyTLadybug, nowzem​

Mailing & Postage:
~Please put your username and swap name on the back of all envelopes.
~USA Participants: Please include a SASE with sufficient postage to mail back your returns.
~International Participants: Please include a large address label with your address clearly & neatly written on it and $1 U.S. (or the equivalent in unused U.S. postage stamps). If you really can't find this and you want to play, please PM me.
~Be sure to give your cards enough time to travel and make it to me on time.
~Important! If you forget your return postage I will swap out your cards but you will have to send me your return postage either in a separate envelope or through PayPal. I am on limited funds and can't afford to cover multiple people in each swap. If I could I would but I can't. Sorry!
~No cards / no communication may get you a neutral iTrader.
~Don't forget to leave 'You Rock' points for the people who you receive cards from. Part of the fun is finding out who got your cards. It's encouraging to your fellow artists too!
~A host card would be loved and cherished but of course is not required to participate and have fun.
~I swap effort for effort as best as I can.
~If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Chibis:
0. PinkZombie
1. DmyTLadybug
2. squ1rrel
3. ryuuri
4. Mikesatc
5. knmburton
6. Mary Of Exeter
7. Gaialuv
8. Kaos Ninja9 +
9. texanspaniard
10. Keya
11. PandaChan
12. RockingBearRanch
13. Liss
14. Frog Princess
15. SunTrade
16. Nanas
17. sheala.draws
18. poonwugget
19. JJkx76
20. Lilith
21. 4ahappierme
22. shaylafish
23. litefoot13
24. Tandy +
25. miss +
26. Monica +
27. MollyTheMad

Last edited:
Yep, chibi is my thing....I'm in for sure! Is this effort for effort? Just curious.

So glad to have ya, and yes it is effort for effort!!

def would love to participate.

Very happy to have you!!

I'm in. I can resist.

I'm sure you meant can't resist, which is great, glad to have you! :D:D

i'm in sign me up

Always glad to have you in one of my swaps Mike, happy you can join!!

I'll do it too.

So glad to have ya, love your gallery!

WELCOME EVERYONE!!

Is 13 slots all that's going to be filled? Because I want to play but I want to hold off on saying yes until I make the cards. *blush* I don't trust myself to get them done unless I make them before signing up. You know how life can overtake you horribly sometimes.

I know what you mean :) But there will be more spots (it's unlimited players). I just didn't feel like typing all the numbers right away, not knowing how many people there will be, so I usually just add the numbers in as we get more people. Hope to see you back!

Lurking til I can see what I can do...

Hope to see you back too!!

I have never done a chibi before but I have some chibi Godzilla figures in my work space from years ago as well as some chibi Mazinger Z & Macross robot things. This looks like a lot of fun, so please sign me up!

Can't wait to see what you come up with!! :jiggy:

To all of those who aren't familiar with chibi style, do a Google search and put in something like 'chibi animals', you'll get a ton of images. You can search chibi anything and it will come up. They are so much fun to draw. I might end up doing 6:6, who knows?

I'm in! Sign me up! :)

Great to have you! Welcome!

Ooh, lurking...

Hope to see you back miss!!

Li'l Hulk

1_lilhulk.jpg

First card. I snuck in a few blacklight reactive tidbits in there. Sorry about the crappy quality... it's my cellphone's camera. I'll be replacing it with a scanned copy after I'm done with the others.

Pen and Sharpie.

Great Hulk card and love that you made it glow! Very cool!!

Back
Top Bottom