ATC Guru
Media
Swap Due Date: Cards need to be in my hands no later than Nov 13
Signup/Withdraw Date: None
Number of Cards: 3 for 3 only
Number of Participants: Unlimited
Medium: Any + Alcohol Ink

Artist's Choice - Alcohol Inks Plus

I love alcohol inks! For this swap, make three cards using alcohol inks. You choose the theme, style, and other medium(s) to use with them. Be sure you DO use another medium on your cards with the alcohol inks (markers, pens, gesso, etc).
Do not just make an alcohol ink background and send in - those cards will be returned. (Yes, I know they are gorgeous, but put a bit more into it ;) )

That's it. Alcohol inks plus another medium, or several other mediums. Easy peasy and lots of fun! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Here's a link to the instructional Chat Class on alcohol inks Alcohol Inks

Here's a link to Jaquard's Pinata Alcohol inks: Jaquard

Here's a link to Tim Holtz's Adirondack Alcohol inks: Adirondack

There are oodles of ideas out there about how to use Alcohol Inks on Pinterest, Google, YouTube, and various creative blogs. Do a bit of research. Dare to experiment. Have fun!!!

Your Cards:

*screen name, swap name, and your country on the back, please (more information is fine but please do add at least those three things)

*2.5 x 3.5 inches in size (standard ATC size) If your card is too narrow, attach it to another card. If your card is too wide, cut it down.

*Make another player happy - submit only your BEST work

*No prints - only your awesome original art qualifies for this swap

*Protect your work - slip it into ATC sleeves or a ziploc baggie before sending.

*Only small/thin embellishments for this swap. Flat cards are my preference due to mailing ease out here in the boondocks.

*We love seeing your cards in the swap threads. Feel free to post them! :)

Mailing:

*I need to know where to send your returns so be sure to send me a return address label or paper.

*If you are in the US, please include loose postage.

*If you are an International player, I'll cover your postage.

*I will provide ALL envelopes. Please do not send me an envelope. :)

*If you are sending in for two swaps or two players, please be sure to send a label and postage (if you are in the US) for EACH swap and/or player.

Other Awesome Tidbits You Need to Know:

*This is a No Sign Up swap. That means you will not see your name on the swap list until I have received your cards. You do not have to sign up or withdraw. No pressure - no stress ;)

*I typically do not wait for late cards. Cards that arrive on or before Nov 13 will be swapped out. Cards that arrive after Nov 13 will be returned.

*PM me for my address when you are ready. Please do not ask for it in the swap thread - occasionally, I'll miss an address request there.

*Got questions? Ask me in the thread or send me a message.

Courtesy:

*Please be sure to thank the players whose cards you receive with Rep Points ("You Rock!"). Here's a link about how to do that (plus a whole lot more!) - Rep Points

Thank you so much for participating in this swap - YOU are what makes hosting swaps so much fun!!!

Cards Received:

1. NancyLReturns Received
2. ElenaReturns Received
3. Hinkletje
4. VickiZReturns Received
5. litefoot13Returns Received
6. louisezeeReturns Received
7. catbReturns Received
8. saratReturns Received
9. MitchpeasReturns Received
10. D-dazzled71
11. JenURebel Returns Received
12. LauraBReturns Received
13. CAMeoCheryl

Last edited:
Love your Swaps...Lurking (as usual) at this point...but it's about time to dig out the Alcohol Inks +...we'll see.

I have been having so much fun with them, Galzart! I used them on light switches, electric outlets, ATCs (of course!), coasters, and even ended up using them on the side of my washing machine - I just couldn't stop and the white was so boring. ;):laugh:

I have been having so much fun with them, Galzart! I used them on light switches, electric outlets, ATCs (of course!), coasters, and even ended up using them on the side of my washing machine - I just couldn't stop and the white was so boring. ;):laugh:

Hmmm...I don't think my landlord would like to see my washing machine 'inked'....good idea though.

Awesome, catb!! This swap is totally open to lurkers and players. (ha - that doesn't sound too good outside this forum, does it?:err: )

What a fun swap. Just watched a few videos. I have the inks, just have not used them much.. I will see how I do :)

I have hosted an alcohol inks swap. I'll look at my host cards when I get home. I haven't tried gelli prints on glossy paper yet. I could do a print, but mask part of the background paper and fill in with alcohol inks. Or I remember I have handcolored black and while photos with alcohol inks. Or maybe a zentangle with sharpies covered in alcohol inks. it will be fun to try differetn thigns and send in my favorites.

I've been watching a lot of videos on UTube on using Alcohol Inks, by Patti Tolley Parrish....She had a bad experience with Alcohol Inks when she didn't use them in a well ventilated area. As a reminder
USE ALCOHOL INKS IN A WELL VENTILATED AREA. Ihaven't when I've used them in the past, but I will take this as a WARNING.

This sounds like a lot of fun. The best part about using alcohol inks is that you never know for sure exactly how it's going to turn out...they have a mind of their own!

Back
Top Bottom