Block Printing ATC Swap ~ "Land Transport Vehicle" ~ Due November 15

TyinTaos

ATC Novice
Media
Due Date: November 15th, 2013 (this is a fast turn around swap)

Signup: Oct. 15th - Withdrawal: leave me a PM or message in the thread
Number of Prints: 7
Number of Participants: 8 ( Including Host )
Host card not necessary as I'll be participating

Block Printing ATC Swap ~ "Land Transport Vehicle"

Possible subject could include real or imaginary vehicle. Anything that rolls from Cinderella's carriage to your grandfather's pickup truck. It could be a train, a roller coaster, a tractor trailer or even the first car you were kissed in.

Experienced and new printmakers are welcome.

Instructions:

Medium:
• Hand carved blocks using speedy cut/carve blocks, linoleum blocks, wood blocks, or similar carving surfaces. Rubber stamping is not allowed.
• Prints are to be hand pulled using your choice of colored ink (water based, oil based or acrylic based BP ink is OK). Stamping ink is not allowed.
• Print size: Standard 2.5" by 3.5" ATC size.
• Print onto any color block printing paper, watercolor paper, or other sturdy paper.
• New blocks only: Extra prints may be made to be traded following the swap.
• On the back of each print, write your name and user name, your location, title of print and any other info you wish to include.

• Optional:
*Show the edition - example - "4/12", I will do some extra cards so that I have some available for later trades.

Mailing Instructions:
• Ready to mail? PM me for my address!
• Preferably mail your cards in a plastic 9-card page or in separate plastic sleeves. Please make sure your cards do not shift around within the envelope.
• Include a self addressed large label. I will supply the return envelope.
• Postage: US players include three (3) 46 cent stamps. International players include $3 US stamps/cash.
• I will supply mailers for your returns.

Neutral ITrader will be given if you disappear or don't send in cards without communicating.

Players - when you receive your swap cards, please leave iTrader rating for the Host (me) and Rep Points for the people from whom you received cards (use the links in posting #1 for an easy way).

Participants:
1 - kwailin777 - ARRIVED
2 - Tandy - ARRIVED
3 - Art101 - ARRIVED
4 - ReverieJJ - ARRIVED
5 - Jennie - ARRIVED
6 - ARTG33K74 - ARRIVED
7 - lacemuse - ARRIVED
8 - Host - TyinTaos - ARRIVED

Last edited:
Here is an example done a little over a year ago.
Not meant to be part of this swap.
lp11-02-01.jpg

Last edited:
Add me please. By the way, I've sent you a PM about the potential to up the number of players since this is a second swap. For those who have joined this swap, you might want to hold off printing until Ty makes a decision on if he wants to do that or not. :)

Last edited:
Heads Up!

Rules have been changed! I just found out that a Second swap allows for an additional participant and therefore the number of cards to print has been increased to 7 cards per artists.

Would it be acceptable to include a road sign or road symbol of some kind? The way I'm cutting my block left a lot of positive space.

Response to Question on add-on s & background ???

Setting the scene with props & or landscapes is OK.

Okay I pulled a few test prints last night. This may not be the final color combo. I can't decide if I should cut the handle bar a little more... I hope it'll be okay for the swap..

Back
Top Bottom