Kynara

ATC Guru
Friend of AFA
Media
Swap Due Date - March 7, 2014
Signup/withdraw date - March 1, 2014
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants - unlimited
Media - Open flat media (no embellishments)

Alice in Wonderland - Altered Playing Card Swap

Each card should be different and have something from "Alice in Wonderland". It can be from the original books ("Through the Looking Glass" counts), from the Disney movie or any other source. Please don't leave the background blank. Decorate most of the card to make it look "filled in". Make sure at least the top left number & suit are visible.

Any flat Media is ok. HD/HP, collage, mixed media, even digital. (if you seriously dislike digital PM me and I can make sure you don't get one as a return.) My only limit is stickers. Please use stickers as minimally as possible. (ie. not as your main image)
I will swap out type for type (if you send HD/HP you will get HD/HP returns)

Please note:
- All cards should be standard 3.5” x 2.5”, use the poker sized playing cards.
- All cards should be sent in plastic sleeves.
- Please include username, origin (state and/or country) and swap name on the back of all cards.
- Originals only - no copies or prints.
- Please only send work you are proud of.
- Please include username and swap name on all envelopes sent in.
- Late cards will be returned unswapped.
- If you use heavy embellishments please send an extra 20 stamp for each heavy card.

Postage Requirements:

Please note: as of Jan 26th the USPS will be raising their prices to 49 cents for 1 oz or 70 cents for two oz)

US - please send a mailing label and as much postage as it took for you to send. (.49 or .70) Please do not send an envelope! I have limited storage space and storing SASEs is not an option.

International - No limit and I will provide postage if you are unable to send a US dollar or loose US postage. Please include a mailing label.

An extra on theme APC is, as always, never required or expected but would be immensely treasured forever.

Please PM me for my address when you are ready to mail. I will leave feedback when I receive your cards.

When you receive your cards for the swap, remember to leave iTrader for the Host (me) and Rep Points for the people you received cards from!

List of players. (color change indicates arrival)

me
1. Pikkis
3. dpineschi
4. momzgot2 - no cards no communication
5. robcrusade
6. daisies
7. Purple pencil
8. RaineyDay
10. novascotiacrafter - lost in the mail :(
11. Della
12. RedHeartStudio
13. arcana
14. angelmuz
15. Ageluvsminiart
16. SunTrade
17. BamaKathy

Thanks!

Last edited:
Oh, I can´t resist Alice in Wonderland... And have been really addicted to APCs lately, so I guess I have to start yet another deck, LOL! But I do love Alice, so why not? Sign me up, please :)!

This is one of my favorites! I would like to join..I'll get busy and send them out soon.

Welcome to the swap! Thanks for joining!

I see you're from Mooresville! My family is from Plainfield and my aunt work at the grade school in Mooresville. :wubclub: small world

One question though...is Frank Beddor's "Looking Glass Wars" series considered available to cull from? I actually won everything he'd done several years back (3 books and a graphic novel, all signed) based on fan art I'd done for the series (also got a phone call...great guy!)

If not, that's cool...just wanted to ask.

Thanks!

(Though I will say if you're an Alice fan, his stuff is an absolute must-read. Kind of like "Wicked", but with Wonderland)

I googled "Looking Glass Wars" and the images that came up weren't obvious enough that it came from Alice in Wonderland. I'm going to say no on this one. But it gives me a great idea for a future swap... :)

I´ve done with my APCs :)! I hope they are suitable for the swap and perhaps give some inspiration for more players wanting to join this great swap! I´ve seen a lot of great Alice-illustrations, but somehow I like these originals by John Tenniel the best. On every card I´ve used a small script of a Finnish text from Alice and after making the Mad Hatter-card I also noticed there was a mistake in the Finnish translation... So the time on my card is five o´clock as in the Finnish version they are having five-o´clock-tea and in the original version the time is always six o´clock... Sorry about that, but I hope it doesn´t matter... Anyway, will pm for your address kynara!

Thanks daisies :)!

Kynara, just noticed that it says in the swap info that both the top left and bottom right suit and number should be left visible... I only left the top visible as you can see, oh no!!!! Do you still accept my cards for the swap or shoud I make new ones? I´m so sorry :(!

Last edited:
Kynara, just noticed that it says in the swap info that both the top left and bottom right suit and number should be left visible... I only left the top visible as you can see, oh no!!!! Do you still accept my cards for the swap or shoud I make new ones? I´m so sorry :(!

I'm good with it, I didn't realize till after I posted the swap that the norm is one number showing (i noticed on other APC swaps) I'll change it to "one or both".

If anyone prefers both numbers showing please PM me. (don't post it on the thread)

Back
Top Bottom