HandDrawn/HandPainted: A Different Kind of Oz, April 14

Drake22ice

ATC Novice
Media
HandDrawn/HandPainted: A Different kind of Oz due April 14

Swap Due Date - Cards in my hands by April 14
Withdraw Date: just communicate, if you need to withdraw let me know asap.
Number of Items - 3 for 3
Number of participants - 12 (first swap)
Media: Hand Drawn / Hand Painted

A Different kind of Oz! Wizard of Oz main characters, but pick a theme!

This swap is all about a challenge I saw on the hit tv show, Face Off, where the make up artists had to create the main characters from the Wizard of Oz, but theme them in odd genres or style. I decided to try this out in the swap to see what people come up with.

Here are some possible themes:
Goth / Muppet / Zombie / Goofy eyes
Post Apocalyptic / Cartoony / Masquerade / Mixed Character
Chibi / Medieval / Zetti / (pick your own)
Tim Burton / Poe (Emo) / Broadway Poster
Futuristic / Chubby / Psycho

The Nitty Gritty about the cards:
-Each card must be ATC size, 2.5" x 3.5" inches and on a sturdy base (cardstock, bristol, watercolor paper, chipboard).
-Cards must be hand drawn or hand painted, no other media is allowed in this particular swap.
-We all have different skill levels but please only send work that you have put effort into and would be happy to receive!
-Label all cards with your real name, AFA username, date and name of the swap. Please send each card in a protective plastic penny sleeve or handmade envie.

Postage:
US Players: please send a Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope with the same amount of postage it took to get your cards to me.

International Players: Please send a well concealed $1 bill in your envelope or $1 worth of US Postage in your envelope. Include a large address label with your address neatly printed.

THE ONE WHO SHOWS THE BEST COMPOSITION, IDEAS, AND EXECUTION WILL GET AN ADDED 5X7 AND BOOKMARK DONE BY ME!!!!!!

Please write your username and Swap Name on your envelopes.

I-trader:
Cards are due in my hand on April 14.
Late cards will be returned at your own expense.

I will leave i-trader for each player as I receive their cards, I ask that you leave i-trader for me when you receive your returns and you rock points (rep) for your fellow traders whose cards you have received.

If you sign up and do not communicate by not sending cards (without withdrawing) you will receive a neutral i-trader.

Extra cards for the host are always welcome but never required.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask and when you need my address to send your cards please message me.

Feel free to post your cards to the thread for all to see.

Now who is ready to play? so sign up and add the theme you are picking!

Blue=Received

# Players-Theme
1. DmyTLadybug - Chibi
2. kentuckydakota - Elderly Years of the Oz Crew
3. miss - Monochrome
4. Kalycakes - great cartoon character
5. Suntrade - Skottie Young
6. Vantezy - Tim Burton
7. JJkx76 - Art Nouveau
8. Ms Squid - Medieval/Renaisanse
9. jhuss - Zombie
10. robcrusade - Mugshots
11. Purple Pencil - Chibi
12. Tandy - Whimsical
Host: Drake22ice - Masquerade

People interested if an opening occurs:
*onyatola
* SweetiePie

5. moonrose442 - ?---withdrew :(

Last edited:
Love Wizard of Oz so I gotta join. I did Burton style last time so I'm thinking maybe Gorey this time. Either that or perhaps the characters in their "senior" years. Balding Cowardly Lion? Ah the creative juices are starting to flow. :)

Fantastic! everything went through!!

Ladybug, happy to have your personality in the mix and your great style.. welcome.

Kentucky, love your colorful style, and I couldn't help but to picture an elderly cowardly lion running from munchkin nurses when you mentioned senior citizen characters... ha ha ha.. too funny... Welcome

Sure. Miss, I'll have to look that up ... I'm really excited to see what people think up..
Happy to welcome you to the group

Last edited:
oops! missed your question, Ladybug. It would be great to get the theme by the sign up deadline of March 14, so that people can get an idea of what is going to be in the mix, so no hurry just yet.

Bumping us up... lots of due dates are up, so we gotta make sure we are noticed..

this will be great.. maybe I should invite some peeps!

Absolutely, Van-Tezy! such a fun name.. your artwork has a great fun attitude.. cannot wait to see what you come up with.. welcome

Yup!! Cannot wait to see the Oz characters...

and I love the "Mask" quote. it's been a long time since i've see that

Welcome, JJ! I have already started to draw up my contributions, but no rush... I cannot wait to see every one's fantastic works.. what kind of Oz will you think up?

Back
Top Bottom