The Personality of Purple--due April 24, 2014

G

goatgirl

Inactive
Swap Due Date: April 24, 2014

Signup/withdraw date - open; please be sure to notify me ASAP if you need to withdraw so we can open up any spots for people who might be on a waiting list. Lack of communication will result in neutral i-trader.

Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants: 30
Medium:
Open to everything except 100% digital/photography; standard 2.5 X 3.5"

SWAP DIRECTIONS:

Thanks to Pouffia, from the Netherlands, who posted a similar swap on swapbot and gave me permission to duplicate it here.

This will be the LAST in a series of swaps for which we make ATCs with an assigned color and a modern day association of the color--we've covered all the major ones. If anyone else wants to pick this up and do other colors I haven't hit, feel free!

For this swap we'll do: PURPLE.

(We've already done magenta, so be sure this is a true purple you're working with). Purple/violet represents the future, imagination, dreams, and spirituality. It is the link between thought and activity, the physical world and the spiritual world. It is individual and independent, encouraging creativity, mental balance, unconditional love, and humanitarianism.

Purple is also associated with royalty/nobility, power, luxury, extravagance, and is ambitious, self-assured, and mysterious.

Try to pick a different association from the list for each card you make. Make sure to write the association you chose on the back of the ATC, or incorporate the word into the design of your ATC. Your ATC can portray the association of your choice in any way you want, but challenge yourself--use lots of layers, elements, and different mediums--do something your fellow swappers will love to add to their collection! Your cards do NOT have to be monochromatic, although you are welcome to make them so--but if you don't, the color red should at least feature in them significantly.

If you are able, please post images of your ATCs to the thread so we can enjoy your artwork. Also, please let me know when you put your ATCs in the mail, as this helps me keep track of things.

MAILING INSTRUCTIONS:
Remember that the cost of stamps will increase this month--be sure to send forever stamps, or use/send adequate postage!

1. Please mail your cards in a business-sized envelope, and send a self-addressed, business-sized envelope with a forever postage stamp. THIS IS IMPORTANT! Smaller envelopes do not handle the extra thickness of several ATCs very well. I've had too many small envelopes arrive at my house partially opened on one end. If you use embellishments or thick plastic ATC holders that require your envelope to be hand-canceled because of bumpiness, extra thickness, rigidity, or extra weight, you must include an additional 20 cents PER ATC.

International participants, please send $1 (U.S.) or loose U.S. postage ($1.15 stamp), along with a large self-addressed envie. Another option is to ask your post office for a coupon/certificate that is exchangeable for international postage on my end, and send that. If you use embellishments or thick plastic ATC holders that require your envelope to be hand-canceled because of bumpiness, extra thickness, rigidity, or extra weight, you must include an additional 20 cents PER ATC.

2. Please be sure to put my address in the top left-hand corner of your return envelope.

3. Label both envelopes with your AFA name and swap name. Also, be sure to include this information on the back of each ATC, and enclose each in an ATC sleeve.

4. I am an on-time hostess! Be sure to mail in plenty of time so your cards reach me before the deadline. Late cards or cards not following these guidelines/postage will be returned to the owner, or perhaps swapped out with other late cards, depending.

5. Please do NOT tape your envelope to death! If you tape the flap closed, please leave at least an inch free on either end so I can easily tear open your envelope.

6. When you receive your cards for the swap, remember to leave iTrader for the Host (me) and Rep Points for the people you received cards from. Just click on the blue link for each person's name!

Participants:
1. karr3ll received
2. JenUrebel received
3. Mushu received
4. OldsLady1992 withdrawn
5. Miss received

Last edited:
Lurking for now....hopefully the work load will lighten soon enough to allow me to play in this one - purple is one of my favorite colors!

Welcome, karr311, and lurkers as well--hope you'll be back!

Thanks for letting me know, Jen. Yeah, it's weird, our color group seems to be getting smaller and smaller! Thanks for you faithful ones--you've all done great work!

They have arrived! Thanks for the hostess card!

Welcome to you both! Karr3ll, I'm glad to say that your cards have safely arrived for this swap!

Back
Top Bottom