kiwicsi

ATC Guru
Media
Swap Due Date - June 6th
Signup/withdraw date - None, but please communicate
Number of Cards - 4:4 only
Number of participants - Unlimited
Medium - Collage and/or mixed media

I have been greatly inspired by Marryth's butterfly themed APC swaps. So, in this tradition, I would like to start a Vintage APC swap, beginning with Aces. This will be a 4:4 swap - that is, you will send in a full set of four Aces (Ace of ♥, ♦, ♣, ♠), and get a full set of Aces in return. I will run through the full deck (Kings next, then Queens, etc), so if you stick with the series, you'll build a full vintage-themed deck in time.

If you are feeling so inclined, you may send Kings, Queens, etc to me with the Aces, as long as you include separate return postage and a separate address label for each set!

No cards and no communication by the swap deadline will earn you a neutral itrader. I've never had need to give one out so far, please don't be the first! Late cards WILL be returned to you unswapped, using your return postage/postage funds. Please send on time and save us both some stress!

General info:

- Vintage themed APCs! (Altered playing cards.)
- Real playing cards must be used.
- APCs must be the standard size of 2.5" x 3.5". Note this is POKER size, not bridge size! (Wrongly sized cards will be returned).
- At least one corner's suit must be visible/uncovered.
- Create cards that you are proud to sign your name to and would love to receive!
- Send each card in individual plastic sleeves.
- Put your name, username, location, the date, and any other info you'd care to share on the back of each card.
- A hostess card would be gratefully received (please refer to my APC wish list in my signature), but is not necessary, so please don't feel that you have to make one. :)

Mailing info:

ALL PLAYERS -- Please send a LARGE, neatly written or typed, self-addressed sticky label. (If you can't get large sticky labels, your address neatly written/typed on a piece of paper will work.) I will provide all return envelopes, so please DO NOT SEND ENVELOPES. In New Zealand, postage cost depends on the size of the envelope and I know mine are the correct size!

POSTAGE COSTS:
- New Zealand players - one Kiwi stamp (currently 70 cents)
- Australian participants - you may send either US$2 or a $2.60 Aussie stamp.
- International participants - Please send $2US - I occasionally receive just one dollar bill, and this is not enough to cover return postage to anywhere in the world from NZ, so please ensure there are two bills in the envelope :)

Please note: I don't have a PayPal account so this is not an option.

Players - when you receive your cards for the swap, please remember to leave iTrader for the Host (me) and Rep Points for the people you received cards from!

Please PM me for my address when you are ready to send your cards! Allow at LEAST two weeks for mail to make its way Down Under.

I love eye candy (as I'm sure a lot of us do!) so feel free to post pictures of your finished creations here. :D

So, who wants to play?
(I will leave iTrader for you when your APCs arrive.)

1. Kiwicsi
2. Fandanie - withdrawn
3. catb - received
4. Sarnie - received
5. Karr3ll - received
6. Allegrae - received
7. Rhonda615
8. Marryth - received
9. Pikkis - received
10. Bag123 - received
11. arcana - received
12. kehlenn - received
13. dmknoell - received
14. Elena - received
15. schmancyfancy - withdrawn
16. canadarosebud - received
17. IrishRose - received
18. angelmuz - cards en route and at the mercy of the post office
19. jonquil - received
20. Della - received

Last edited:
Welcome, Allegrae - glad to have you on board. :D

And Rhonda615, thank you for your kind words of encouragement. If you're anything like me, you will be addicted to APCs in no time (if you're not already, LOL). And welcome to AFA too - this is a great community and I know you'll make lots of great friends here. :)

Do you mind if I tell other new English/UK members and I am guessing most Europeans in fact that our standard cards (i.e. most old brands like 'Waddington') are in fact what other nationalities call 'bridge' size and are too narrow - I found the poker size mentioned above very cheaply on Amazon they are standard American cards and are exactly the same size as ATCs !
Sorry this is probably old news but it was new to me - I didn't realise I had been playing with 'bridge' cards all these years !

Do you mind if I tell other new English/UK members and I am guessing most Europeans in fact that our standard cards (i.e. most old brands like 'Waddington') are in fact what other nationalities call 'bridge' size and are too narrow - I found the poker size mentioned above very cheaply on Amazon they are standard American cards and are exactly the same size as ATCs !
Sorry this is probably old news but it was new to me - I didn't realise I had been playing with 'bridge' cards all these years !

Go for it, Sarnie! Spread the word! :D
I think it's the same case here in New Zealand. A lot of playing cards are bridge sized. I'm in the fortunate position of having a virtual unlimited supply of American poker sized cards (from the United States Playing Card Co in Cincinnati, Ohio). My husband is a magician so he imports several packs at a time and I get his cast offs as well as new decks if I'm building something like this vintage deck, or Marryth's butterfly deck. :D

Welcome catb and Sarnie! :D:D:D So great to have you join in the fun!

Marryth and Pikkis, you know you want to play... :D

You´re right kiwicsi, I KNOW I want to play, but my muse is sooo strange!!! I honestly find it very difficult to start creating something if I don´t have a very specific theme to work with... Theme "vintage" is somehow too abstract (LOL) for me even though I love that word and everything vintage!

On the second hand, (and I know this sounds so very selfish) I really would like to build my exisiting decks every time I join an APC-swap... So could it be possible and allowed if we would post some wishes and suggestions to this swap thread about the themes we would like to receive on our APCs? At least I would find it much more easier to work with and also that way we could possibly get some new cards for our decks. Of course it would be totally up to the sender whether she will take any notice to the themes mentioned here as this is not a PAT. I don´t also want to make your work as a hostess any harder, but this is just an idea that bumped into my head.

On the second hand, (and I know this sounds so very selfish) I really would like to build my exisiting decks every time I join an APC-swap... So could it be possible and allowed if we would post some wishes and suggestions to this swap thread about the themes we would like to receive on our APCs? At least I would find it much more easier to work with and also that way we could possibly get some new cards for our decks. Of course it would be totally up to the sender whether she will take any notice to the themes mentioned here as this is not a PAT. I don´t also want to make your work as a hostess any harder, but this is just an idea that bumped into my head.

I hear what you're saying, Pikkis. :) But for this swap, I would like to keep it as it is, because the theme is more "open to each player's interpretation" and this is (for me at least) one of the things that keeps it really interesting. This is how it's been with Marryth's butterfly apcs - there is so much variety turning up in my butterfly deck and I've had my creativity stretched as well as I keep trying to do each swap with a slightly different style/approach. Also, I tend to do fairly random swapping, as it reduces headaches for me :)

But I would like to do another APC PAT swap and certainly intend to do another one. I was just hesitant to jump right in on the back of the one I've just hosted, since I felt that people may not want to join another so soon. But I am quite desperate to build my decks too, and I've been using the regular PAT swaps as my vehicle to do so (although I feel the other players in the PAT swaps are probably getting tired of creating Dr Who and Wild Wild West cards for me :D )

How do other people in this one feel about another APC PAT sooner rather than later? I'd love the feedback and the last two were an absolute blast!

Back
Top Bottom