ATC Novice
Media
Swap Due Date - June 12th,
Signup/withdraw date - May 30th
Number of Cards - 10
Number of participants - 10 including host

Withdrawal: leave me a PM or message in the thread
Number of Prints: 10
Number of Participants: 10 ( Including Host )
Host card not necessary as I'll be participating

Block Printing ATC Swap ~ "Abstract Celebration"

Subject can include whatever you can imagine. Your composition with any color ink and any color card stock.

Experienced and new printmakers are welcome.

Instructions:

Medium:
• Hand carved blocks using speedy cut/carve blocks, linoleum blocks, wood blocks, or similar carving surfaces. Rubber stamp is allowed but only if you design & carve yourself.
• Prints are to be hand pulled using your choice of colored ink (water based, oil based or acrylic based BP ink is OK).
• Print size: Standard 2.5" by 3.5" ATC size.
• Print onto any color block printing paper, watercolor paper, or other sturdy paper.
• New blocks only: Extra prints may be made to be traded following the swap.
• On the back of each print, write your name and user name, your location, title of print and any other info you wish to include.

• Optional:
* Additional hand coloring is optional.
* Show the edition - "4/12", For myself I'll do extra cards to have some available for later trades.

Mailing Instructions:
• Ready to mail? PM me for my address!
• Send 9 cards - retain one for your personal collection.
• Preferably mail your cards in a plastic 9-card page or in separate plastic sleeves. Please make sure your cards do not shift around within the envelope.
• Include a self addressed large label. I will supply the return envelope.
• Postage: US players include three (3) 49cent /forever stamps. International players include $3 US stamps/cash.
• I will supply mailers for your returns.

Neutral ITrader will be given if you disappear or don't send in cards without communicating.

Players - when you receive your swap cards, please leave iTrader rating for the Host (me) and Rep Points for the people from whom you received cards (use the links in posting #1 for an easy way)

Players:

1. Bag123 - Received
2. Tandy - Received
3. Karr311
4. RreverieJJ - Received
5. Semga - Received
6. Monica - Received
7. letterdiva - Received
8. SunTrade - Received
9. Anneke - Received
Host: TyinTaos - Received
Wait List:

Last edited:
Good question Bag123,

The idea is to use one block to print all 10 cards.
Using different colored ink and or different color card stock would be OK/Optional.

I've added your name to the swap.
Ty

Thanks, I'm in, and looking forward to seeing what others post in the thread. I'm trying to wrap my art-mind around "abstract" + "ATC size".

Argh! I'm torn....I wanna join, but I don't know if I can keep up with things that I already committed to. I will follow the thread until I can make up y mind. Ty, thank you for the invite.

Sorry, me again - forgot to ask, what does the BP in acrylic inks you refer to in the instructions stand for/ mean?
Hally x
Hello Hally,
There is no objection for using acrylic as an ink. As it is fast drying it may be difficult to keep your carved block clean and free of ink build up.
I haven't used "Acrylic BP" but I assume that the "BP" refers to an acrylic paint formulated for Block Printing.

I have a question .... do we carve only one block and make the 10 cards in different colors? Or you want 10 different carved cards? Just making sure.

Back
Top Bottom