ATC and DOG Lover
Media
Swap Due Date: August 1
Signup/Withdraw Date: None
Number of Cards: 3 for 3 only
Number of Participants: Unlimited
Medium: Any, except digital/photography

More PAINT CHIPS!

Paint Chips are really fun. Your Paint must include a PAINT CHIP with the NAME of the paint chip clearly showing, and the THEME of your card be based on the name of the chip.

Here are some examples from the gallery by HHC, Sophie'smom, Krystern, and maryfreman0622

1_Paint_Chip-green_tea.jpg
1_Paint_Chip_Zinfandel.jpg
1_paint_20chip-frosted_20pine.jpg
1_Paint_Chip_By_the_Sea_1.jpg

GUIDELINES- Please read:
-Your cards have to be more than a cut out image paste on the Paint Chip. Create some background, collage, paint, draw, stamp, add texture. Be creative!
-The ATC need to be made on the Paint Chip and the name of the paint be clearly visible.
-All cards should fit inside a sleeve
-Originals only - no copies or prints
-No stickers of any kind for this swap

POSTAGE:
US players: send a SASE with at least .49 cents or forever stamp
INTERNATIONAL: Just send an envelope/label/paper with your name and address. I’ll cover your postage.

This is a No Sign Up swap. It means you will not see your name on the swap list until I have received your cards. You do not have to sign up or withdraw. PM me for my address, if needed, when you are ready.

Let’ start creating! I encourage you to post your cards so we can all get inspired!

Received:
1. SunTrade
2. Daisies
3. arcana
4. Southernbellpepper
5. Marcielee
6. Jenurebel
7. Hally
8. Thou Art Delyrias
9. maryfreeman0622
10. Beverly
11. CastleQueen5
12. fifi.flea
13. HHC
14. jeanermoonpie
15. EmmieBeans
16. inkyfingers
17. rrs5

Last edited:
Every time we go to Home Depot/Lowes, I grab a bunch of paint chips. My husband thinks I am crazy hoarder :dog:

So are paint chips cards with paint colours? In the uk we I think we just call them colour cards or colour samples, never heard the term paint chip before ... Are paint chips ATC sized and are they individual cards? I'm not sure we get them that big in the uk, and they tend to come in strips with different colours, not sure they have their names on them either. I'll have to check as this sounds a fun theme!

Yes, the cards that show the paint colors. I'm not sure about the size, they are usually in strips like you said.

So are paint chips cards with paint colours? In the uk we I think we just call them colour cards or colour samples, never heard the term paint chip before ... Are paint chips ATC sized and are they individual cards? I'm not sure we get them that big in the uk, and they tend to come in strips with different colours, not sure they have their names on them either. I'll have to check as this sounds a fun theme!

I am sure Paint Chips are what you call color cards/sample. The cards have to ATC size, 2.5 X 3.5. Here in the US they usually are larger so we need to cut them.

In the wine sample, the artist covered half the card with a collage. If your sample cards are not ATC size, you can come up with creative ideas of how to use them on a standard size ATC. So technically it would not be made on the ATC, but it would look like it is.

The main idea is to find a color name and illustrate it.

Last edited:
Lurking. I want to get my July swaps done first, but I do happen to remember where my paint chip stash is.....I think... :)

I like this very much.
i have made cards with paintchips, but in The Netherlands the cards have on the backside ( and sometimes on the front) only numbers and a lettre p.e: S 21
So I think I could not play:)
But i am lurking!

I like this very much.
i have made cards with paintchips, but in The Netherlands the cards have on the backside ( and sometimes on the front) only numbers and a lettre p.e: S 21
So I think I could not play:)
But i am lurking!

Oh :err: I can send you some, I'll pm you.

We have the same thing in the uk - they don't have names on the colour ... Would you be willing to send me some too, Elena, as I'd love to play - happy to cover your postage for the chips when I send in my finished cards ...

I'll PM you.

If anybody else outside the US would like some, please PM me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom