Library Card Catalog Swap ~ Due August 23

Question. We don't have to illustrate whatever is in the card, do we? Just have the card recognizable.

Oh good question. I went through everyone's profile and tried to make sure at least some of the cards aligned with interests, which turned out to be quite fun.

That said - when I did my cards I had the luxury of going through a whole bunch and selecting what I wanted. So how about this, kudos if you illustrate the card, but definitely not required. I don't want to be overly prescriptive with the swap. Just make sure you can tell that a card catalog was involved.

Oh good question. I went through everyone's profile and tried to make sure at least some of the cards aligned with interests, which turned out to be quite fun.

That said - when I did my cards I had the luxury of going through a whole bunch and selecting what I wanted. So how about this, kudos if you illustrate the card, but definitely not required. I don't want to be overly prescriptive with the swap. Just make sure you can tell that a card catalog was involved.

OK, got it :wubclub:

Got my catalog cards in the mail today. Great themes! My favorite is Redneck Mothers, Good ol' Girls and Southern Belles. I have so many ideas already. This is going to be fun!

Last edited:
That's so funny that "card catalog" needed an explanation. OK, I'll admit it!!! I'm OLD!!!!
But seriously, they were the most lovely wooden things with just beautiful drawers filled with thousands and thousands of cards containing more information about a book than one would ever need to know, but was grateful for when you did need to know.

I also received my cards today. They're smaller than I remember! Or maybe it's just that I'm larger. :biglaugh:

One of my cards is Prohibition in America. :yes:

I have to say I also liked the title of the Redneck Mothers. The author obviously had fun with that title. It seemed appropriate since you are in the South.

Glad to see people are liking the book titles. The Prohibition books tended to have some interesting titles, so we are likely to have a few of those. (Somebody has a book called something like King Alcohol dethroned)

Interestingly, it has only been in the last five years that the college freshmen don't know what card catalogs are at all. It used to be that I'd ask and most of the students had seen them in elementary school. But now, they're going the way of the 8 track tape.

I received my library cards today, lots of ideas flowing in my mind!
I remember using the them, I grew up on the no computer era :twitcy:
How was the information put on the cards??

My cards arrived in today's mail. Some of these are too funny! "The cat who went to heaven" and "The girl and her job; a handbook for beginners" lol Ideas are flowing!

Back
Top Bottom