Flowers of the Alphabet: G, H, I--due July 31, 2014

G

goatgirl

Inactive
Swap Due Date: July 31, 2014

Signup/withdraw date - open; please be sure to notify me ASAP if you need to withdraw so we can open up any spots for people who might be on a waiting list. Lack of communication will result in neutral i-trader.

Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants: 30
Medium:
Open to everything except 100% digital/photography; standard 2.5 X 3.5"

SWAP DIRECTIONS:

Inspired by Ferretgirl's Animals of the Alphabet series, I decided to do a Flowers of the Alphabet series.

For this swap, make one flower card for each of the following letters: G, H, and I. For example, you might send in Gloxinia, Heartsease, and Impatiens. (Please use common flower names, as opposed to scientific names). It would be great if you did unusual flowers/wildflowers for at least some of your cards, rather than going with the standard garden flower variety (although those are fine, too). You will receive one card of each letter in your returns.

Please do more than just putting the image of the flower on your card. Challenge yourself--use lots of layers, elements, and different mediums--do something your fellow swappers will love to add to their collection! Vintages images of flowers would be interesting, or images from seed packets. It might also be fun to include the letter of the alphabet and the name of the flower on the front of your card, although this is not required. Please DO write the name of the flower on the back.

If you are able, please post images of your ATCs to the thread so we can enjoy your artwork. Also, please let me know when you put your ATCs in the mail, as this helps me keep track of things.

MAILING INSTRUCTIONS: Be sure to send forever stamps, or use/send adequate postage!

1. Please mail your cards in a business-sized envelope, and send a self-addressed, business-sized envelope with a forever postage stamp. THIS IS IMPORTANT! Smaller envelopes do not handle the extra thickness of several ATCs very well. I've had too many small envelopes arrive at my house partially opened on one end. If you use embellishments or thick plastic ATC holders that require your envelope to be hand-canceled because of bumpiness, extra thickness, rigidity, or extra weight, you must include an additional 21 cents PER ATC.

International participants, please send $1 (U.S.) or loose U.S. postage ($1.15 stamp), along with a large self-addressed envie. Another option is to ask your post office for a coupon/certificate that is exchangeable for international postage on my end, and send that. If you use embellishments or thick plastic ATC holders that require your envelope to be hand-canceled because of bumpiness, extra thickness, rigidity, or extra weight, you must include an additional 21 cents PER ATC.

2. Please be sure to put my address in the top left-hand corner of your return envelope.

3. Label both envelopes with your AFA name and swap name. Also, be sure to include this information on the back of each ATC, and enclose each in an ATC sleeve.

4. I am an on-time hostess! Be sure to mail in plenty of time so your cards reach me before the deadline. Late cards or cards not following these guidelines/postage will be returned to the owner, or perhaps swapped out with other late cards, depending.

5. Please do NOT tape your envelope to death! If you tape the flap closed, please leave at least an inch free on either end so I can easily tear open your envelope without damaging the cards inside.

6. When you receive your cards for the swap, remember to leave iTrader for the Host (me) and Rep Points for the people you received cards from. Just click on the blue link for each person's name!

PARTICIPANTS:
1. Bag123 received
2. Art Newbie Alessandra received
3. Vampiress Rose withdrawn
4. Fandanie received
5. GwennieJo received
6. Sarnie received
7. ThouArtDelyrias received
8. LeeBeth] withdrawn
9. arcana received
10.Lalka received
11.Shauck received
12. OrganicMama received
13. letterdiva received

Last edited:
Sign me up for this one please, since it's the last set due :-) and thanks for your compliment on my cards :-)

Welcome to the three of you! Alessandra, since you're new, don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. :)

Back
Top Bottom