Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Solstice A-Thon Official Thread June 20 -23

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Summer Solstice A-Thon Official Thread June 20 -23

This is the official thread for the Summer Solstice A-thon.

Starting time: June 20, Friday (Whatever TIME you want to start!)
    Ending time: June 23, Monday (Whatever TIME you want to end!)

Hosts: Vampiress_Rose, KESagers, Just Ducky

This is an ATART (all types of art a-thon) and this is open to everyone.

What we can do: ANYTHING! ATC’s, chunky pages, post cards, inchies, twinchies, rinchies, charms, jewelry, art dolls, skinny pages, journal pages, tags, rolos, gothic arches, – or whatever type of art your heart calls you to create!

All Media Welcome: Drawing, Painting, Collaging, Sewing, Photography, Digital Art, whatever your heart desires!

And of course we can trade! This marathon is open to everyone and all kinds of art.

What is an A-TART?

It’s an All Types of ART marathon where you can create art together, post to thread, and trade! (AKA Crazy Ladies Crafting!)

How to Play:

Start creating art when it's time to start, then upload your lovely creations to your A-Thon gallery and post to the thread (if you desire). Trading and chatting are going on all the time.
    After your card is traded, please move it to the Traded Gallery (ATC or mail art appropriate). After A-Thon, if you have cards still available, please move them to the available gallery and OUT of the A-Thon gallery.

HOW TO ASK FOR A TRADE:

When you find a piece of art you would like to trade, please SEND A PERSONAL MESSAGE (pm) to that person asking for a trade. Please DO NOT post requests for trades to the thread. It can get way too confusing.

Note: If you do make a trade, please be sure to send to your trade partner within two weeks. If you’re running late, communicate!

WANT TO COMPLIMENT AN ARTIST:

And you will… remember you can click the You Rock button and leave it there.

HOW TO POST YOUR ART TO THE THREAD:

From your atcsforall.com gallery:

It’s easiest to have two windows open.
    1) Go to your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu that includes “Copy Image Location”.
    2) Click on the “Copy Image Location”
    3) Go to your post and hit the "insert image" button (looks like a postcard)
    4) Paste the address (right click, click paste or Ctrl V) into the window that pops up and hit OK - that puts the code into your post for your picture to show up; (you paste the address from the properties box over the http thingy that shows when you open the "insert image" box)
    5) and then you're done.

From your computer:

1. Click POST REPLY at the bottom of the messages screen. Above the message box, click the paperclip next to the smiley face. Then upload as usual. This will upload your picture as a thumbnail.
    2. If you go into the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the messages screen, click GO ADVANCED and you will get the paperclip above the message box.

NEW TO MARATHONS OR A-THONS? If you have any questions at all, feel free to pm me or the co-hosts if you have questions. You can also post questions to the thread. We have a lot of experienced art-a-thoners who are more than willing to help those of you new to this craziness.

IMPORTANT: REMEMBER TO PUT YOUR USERNAME (EASY TO READ) ON THE BACK OF YOUR CARDS. You can't get an iTrader if your trading partner doesn't know who you are.

OPTIONAL THEMES:

1. Friday - Sunshine! Summer Solstice is the mark of beginning of summer for some traditions, or the longest day of the year in most traditions. Celebrate with sunshine!

2. Saturday - Patriotic! Celebrate your country. There are a lot of Independence Days and Patriotic Holidays occurring worldwide over the summer. Show your pride!

3. Ice Cream Vs. Hot Chocolate - By popular demand! If it's cold in your area, and you want some hot chocolate, draw us a cup to share! If it's hot in your area, and you want to cool down with some ice cream, share that too! <3 We want to enjoy your sweets as well, and we will probably even want to trade for it!

4. Something SPOOKY! - Evil spirits were said to lurk about on the magical night of the summer solstice. St. John’s wort, an aromatic ancient herb that smells like turpentine or balsam was used to ward off witches and evil spirits. Circlets were fashioned from stems of St. John’s wort and worn on the head. Farmers wreathed livestock with circles of St. John’s wort. Bouquets of the herb were placed in the home, on the doorstep and over the door to prevent evil from entering the home.

Above all, Have Fun! Remeber the above themes are just suggestions, you do NOT have to make a card, but if you do, please share!

Last edited by BekaH; 06-21-2014 at 11:44 AM.

prayer_at_night is offline Elvis Sparkley-Toes, the Christmas Elf
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm here! Hope to get some free cards done, I'd love to trade with you a-thon ladies!
    Hugs, Sarah

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    on board!
    Come on over and check out the HD/HP Round Robin Group!
    instagram :
    My available atcs: My APC list
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. - Maya Angelou

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ooh ... I haven't a-thoned in ages. I'm glad I popped by today.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yay! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! I have some housework to do... Poo... Then I'm probably going to get caught up on some cards that I OWE before I start anything else. But everyone else, feel free to start a day early if you like! If it's still the 19th where you are

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    P.S... This weekend I'm going to try hand drawing some flowers, as if anyone has any special requests

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vampiress_rose View Post
    P.S... This weekend I'm going to try hand drawing some flowers, as if anyone has any special requests
    Always love LILIES (especially orange tiger lilies) *hint hint*

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Deanna, I'll jot that down and see what I can do for you I TOO love orange tiger lilies, they're soooo pretty!

Can we add my brain to this discussion ladies? lol! I'm only 26, but I think I'm losing it! HA. This morning, I forgot that someone had asked for a card from me. I remembered someone asking but couldn't remember who it was. Not to worry, she had forgotten also... But THAT was the first sign! The second sign, I didn't know it was time for the a-thon! WTH?! Time just got away from me! Then, I was cleaning my house and had picked up my little one's play doh she was playing with... Couldn't recall where I had put it... But, I found it when I started doing dishes, and it was in the sink!!!!!

I'm really losing it..... :/

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can blame my meds too!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I take my own meds, so I don't need anyone else's to blame, but thanks for the offer lol

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    hope so too! can't wait to see what you create

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Working on some backgrounds . . .

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I've already started as well! I just drew up a baby chick. Off to give my little one a bath, and then I'll color him Maybe draw another, and collage some.

prayer_at_night is offline Elvis Sparkley-Toes, the Christmas Elf
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Am I really the first one? Can't believe it!
    Here's my first card, available for trade!
    Hugs, Sarah

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    O o I love it!!! :-)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, granted it's the 19th and the a-thon doesn't officially start until the 20th butttt... I gave permission for people to start early! Where is everyone?!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

2 Hand Drawn Cards

BOTH TRADED

1. Baby Chick
    2. Pretty Little Elephant
    Last edited by BekaH; 06-25-2014 at 12:13 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my goodness - I didn't see that we could start early, so I'm already behind! Ha! I hope to join in some, especially on Saturday and Sunday. Perfect time for an ATHON!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yay! So happy to see you on the thread artchick! You're not that far behind, only three cards been created so far! So you've got plenty of time! HUGS!