Flower APCs/Bird APCs - Kings - Due August 29th!

Marryth

ATC Guru
Media
Swap Due Date - August 29th
Signup/withdraw date - Just communicate!
Number of Cards - 4 for 4 (One group) or 8:8 (Both groups)
Number of participants - Unlimited

Same series/themes, they're just sharing a swap thread! For this swap, you will create flower-themed and/or bird-themed King APCs! (Altered playing cards.)

You may join one or both groups, sending a full set of appropriately-themed Kings for each group you join. Nothing has changed, aside from the combined thread! :wubclub:

This will be a 4:4 swap - that is, you will send in a full set of four Kings (K of ♥, ♦, ♣, ♠) in the appropriate theme(s), and get a full set of Kings in return. I will run through the full deck, so if you stick with the series, you will collect the whole deck in time!

Let creativity reign! Medium is open as well, but please keep embellishments as flat as possible to avoid postal mishaps. Put love into your work.

Please read the details to ensure that you're sending everything as required! :wubclub:

If you are in multiple swaps I am hosting, you can absolutely send them to me together, so long as you include separate return postage and a separate address label for each set! (Send me the whole deck at once, if you are so inclined - I have no problem with people sending cards in early!)

No cards + no communication by the swap deadline = neutral. I'm a reasonable person, but a little communication goes a long way!

Late and/or incorrectly-sized cards WILL be returned to you unswapped, using your return postage/postage funds. Please send on time and save us both some stress!

General info:

- Flower and/or bird themed APCs! (Altered playing cards.)
- APCs must be the standard size of 2.5" x 3.5". (Poker decks are the right size; bridge decks are too narrow! If your cards are not full-sized, they WILL be returned unswapped, using your return postage!)
- At least one corner's suit must be visible/uncovered.
- Create cards that you are proud to sign your name to and would love to receive!
- Send each card in individual plastic penny sleeves.
- Put your name, username, location, the date, and any other info you'd care to share on the back of each card.
- Hostess cards are deeply appreciated (bonus points for cards from my APC wishlist!), but not required to participate.

Mailing info:

ALL PLAYERS -- Please send a LARGE, neatly written or typed, self-addressed sticky label. (If you can't get large sticky labels, your address neatly written/typed on a small piece of paper will work.) I will provide all return envelopes, so please DO NOT SEND ENVELOPES.

- Canadian participants - Please provide LOOSE Canadian postage in the amount it will cost you to send. (One or two permanent-rate stamps PER GROUP will cover it.)
- US participants - Please send a well-concealed USD$1, or $1.20 in LOOSE Canadian or US postage. (Double if you're in both groups, please!)
- International participants - Please send a well-concealed $2-3USD, or $2.50 in LOOSE Canadian or US postage. (Double if you're in both groups, please!)

(If you have neither USD nor Canadian/US postage, I can accept return postage funds via PayPal - just let me know!)

RECAP! Are you ready to send? Your envelope MUST contain the following:

- APCs in individual penny sleeves (All four Kings - ♥, ♦, ♣, ♠)
- LARGE neatly written/typed self-addressed address label (or on small piece of paper)
- return postage/funds for return postage

Players - when you receive your cards for the swap, please remember to leave iTrader for the Host (me) and Rep Points (You Rock!) for the people you received cards from!

Please PM me for my address when you are ready to send your creations! (If you have my address already, I am indeed still on Heron Street.) Keep in mind that I am in Canada - I'd allow at LEAST two weeks for mail transit time, unless you are in Canada as well.

Please do post pictures of your completed APCs here if you feel so inclined - we'd all love to see 'em!

So, who is ready to sign up?
(I will leave iTrader for you when your APCs arrive.) :)

Flower APCs:

0) Marryth
1) lv2paint RECEIVED (Returns received.)
2) amyliajones RECEIVED
3) angelmuz RECEIVED (Returns received.)
4) canadarosebud RECEIVED
5) Sarnie RECEIVED (Returns received.)
6) TrailRider RECEIVED (Returns received.)
7) Elena RECEIVED (Returns received.)
8) arlie707 RECEIVED (Returns received.)
9) HiddenTreasure2010 RECEIVED
10) janetmachek RECEIVED (Returns received.)
11) Karr3ll RECEIVED

Bird APCs:

0) Marryth
1) bag123 RECEIVED
2) NancyL RECEIVED (Returns received.)
3) canadarosebud RECEIVED
4) kiwicsi RECEIVED
5) ThouArtDelyrias RECEIVED (Returns received.)
6) Sarnie RECEIVED (Returns received.)
7) Elena RECEIVED (Returns received.)
8) arlie707 RECEIVED (Returns received.)
9) valentina22 RECEIVED (Returns received.)
10) angelmuz RECEIVED (Returns received.)
11) janetmachek RECEIVED (Returns received.)
12) Karr3ll RECEIVED
13) HiddenTreasure2010 RECEIVED

Last edited:
Ok, sign me up for both groups :dog:
I made these two this mornings. I still may add something else to them. It is taking me a long time to come up with new ideas for the flower theme :idea:

2_kings.jpg

Elena I like both of those cards very much - are you not sticking with one theme for each set of cards ?

I am afraid I am - it's pansies/Flower Aces and seed packet flowers/Flower Kings and French Bird Collage/Bird Aces and English Woodland Birds/Bird Kings !
Not identical APCs obviously but using same or similar images and the same style for each set.
Otherwise I will run out of ideas and found images.
Mind you later on out will come my rubber stamps - I seem to have collected a load of birds and flowers over the years !

Last edited:
Elena I like both of those cards very much - are you not sticking with one theme for each set of cards ?

I am afraid I am - it's pansies/Flower Aces and seed packet flowers/Flower Kings and French Bird Collage/Bird Aces and English Woodland Birds/Bird Kings !
Not identical APCs obviously but using same or similar images and the same style for each set.
Otherwise I will run out of ideas and found images.
Mind you later on out will come my rubber stamps - I seem to have collected a load of birds and flowers over the years !

I thought about doing that with the birds :wubclub: Great minds think alike.

Back
Top Bottom