Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flowers of the Alphabet J, K, L--Due August 15, 2014

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Flowers of the Alphabet J, K, L--Due August 15, 2014

Swap Due Date: Aug. 15, 2014

Signup/withdraw date - open; please be sure to notify me ASAP if you need to withdraw so we can open up any spots for people who might be on a waiting list. Lack of communication will result in neutral i-trader.

Number of Cards - 3 for 3
    Number of participants: 30
    Medium:
    Open to all original work except 100% digital/photography; standard 2.5 X 3.5"

SWAP DIRECTIONS:

For this swap, make one flower card for each of the following letters: J, K, and L. For example, you might send in Jasmine, Kingcup, and Lilac. (Please use common flower names, as opposed to scientific names). It would be great if you did unusual flowers/wildflowers for at least some of your cards, rather than going with the standard garden flower variety (although those are fine, too). You will receive one card of each letter in your returns.

Please do more than just put the image of the flower on your card. Challenge yourself--use lots of layers, elements, and different mediums--do something your fellow swappers will love to add to their collection! Vintages images of flowers would be interesting, or images from seed packets. It might also be fun to include the letter of the alphabet and the name of the flower on the front of your card, although this is not required. Please DO write the name of the flower on the back.

If you are able, please post images of your ATCs to the thread so we can enjoy your artwork. Also, please let me know when you put your ATCs in the mail, as this helps me keep track of things.

MAILING INSTRUCTIONS: Be sure to send forever stamps, or use/send adequate postage!

1. Please mail your cards in a business-sized envelope, and send a self-addressed, business-sized envelope with a forever postage stamp. THIS IS IMPORTANT! Smaller envelopes do not handle the extra thickness of several ATCs very well. I've had too many small envelopes arrive at my house partially opened on one end. If you use embellishments or thick plastic ATC holders that require your envelope to be hand-canceled because of bumpiness, extra thickness, rigidity, or extra weight, you must include an additional 21 cents PER ATC.

International participants, please send $1 (U.S.) or loose U.S. postage ($1.15 stamp), along with a large self-addressed envie. Another option is to ask your post office for a coupon/certificate that is exchangeable for international postage on my end, and send that. If you use embellishments or thick plastic ATC holders that require your envelope to be hand-canceled because of bumpiness, extra thickness, rigidity, or extra weight, you must include an additional 21 cents PER ATC.

2. Please be sure to put my address in the top left-hand corner of your return envelope.

3. Label both envelopes with your AFA name and swap name. Also, be sure to include this information on the back of each ATC, and enclose each in an ATC sleeve.

4. I am an on-time hostess! Be sure to mail in plenty of time so your cards reach me before the deadline. Late cards or cards not following these guidelines/postage will be returned to the owner, or perhaps swapped out with other late cards, depending.

5. Please do NOT tape your envelope to death! If you tape the flap closed, please leave at least an inch free on either end so I can easily tear open your envelope without damaging the cards inside.

6. When you receive your cards for the swap, remember to leave iTrader for the Host (me) and Rep Points for the people you received cards from. Just click on the blue link for each person's name!

PARTICIPANTS:

1. arcana received
    2. Fandanie received
    3. Art Newbie Alessandra received
    4. Tandy received
    5. ThouArtDelyrias received
    6. Sarnie received
    7. GwennieJo received
    8. shauck received
    9. OrganicMama received
    Last edited by goatgirl; 08-18-2014 at 07:59 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whoo hoo! Am I first? Yay! I have my cards completed and ready to mail. I'll post images soon!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please add me to the swap

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could you sign me up, please?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, all three of you! Arcana, you are so speedy!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes!!! My cards are completed too... Going to post them on Monday!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sign me up please.
    Tandy~Tracy Anderson
    Check out my Blog!
    Victory in Jesus:"Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world."~1 John 4:4

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will do!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Me!

gotta continue...count me in!

Sarnie is offline Suspended User Suspended Member
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Me too please x

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got you both!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey!!! My flowers were posted today!!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for letting me know--I'll keep an eye out for them.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rocking on with the alphabet of flowers... please add me!
    Gwen in VT
    Worry is a misuse of your imagination.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, Gwennie Jo!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    As promised, here are my completed cards. I hope to have them in the mail tomorrow, if all goes as planned. It is completely incidental that this set were all made with fairies. LOL I guess I was subconsciously thinking of Cicely Mary Barker's artwork. My computer with my flower photos is still down and out...looks like I will need to buy a new one. So the only flower photo I took in this set are the lilacs. I hope you like them! I am having a really fun time making these! I am already planning the next set.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gall...x.php?n=417496

Sarnie is offline Suspended User Suspended Member
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am posting mine tomorrow goatgirl x

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Arcana, your cards are quite lovely! Yes, these are rather addicting. I've already completed the whole alphabet--just kinda got on a roll and didn't stop until I was done. Sarnie, I'll keep an eye out for yours.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nicely done arcana! Lilacs are one of my most favorite flowers. We had a great big bush in my front yard growing up. I used to make 'perfume' in Dixie cups with lilacs and water and try and sell it around the neighborhood. Now I cannot grow Lilacs in Tucson Miss their smell!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am glad everyone is liking them! The lilacs in the picture is an interesting story: I was walking down the street with my family on my birthday...from movie to get dinner...and we passed a man who offered me a spring of lilacs...just out of the blue, just a random act of kindness. I took pictures of how lovely they are. They are the first ones I have ever had the pleasure to smell and enjoy.

What a neat idea to make perfume like that! I always tried to sell weeds to the neighbors by putting them in Dixie cups with dirt! LOL Lilac perfume is a much better idea! Although, my sisters and I did make a little profit taking rocks and painting them to sell. Our best clients were those in Texas around our grandparents neighborhood when we went to visit. Is there any way you could grow lilacs in the house at all?