Albums
Let's get Personal with Symbols, due July 14, 2008
Let's get Personal with Symbols
Swap Due Date - July 14, 2008
Signup/withdraw date - June 30, 2008
Number of Cards - 3/3
Number of participants - unlimited

Let's get Personal with Symbols

Any medium works - but please no photocopies of original pieces of art - let’s make all of these original. Mixed media - Rubberstamps, collage, handdrawn or fabric - You can make them funky or serious - feel free to think out side the box.

* Cards need to be to me by July 14, 2008

* last sign up/or drop date: June 30, 2008

* This will be a 3 cards for 3 in return

* Number of participants - unlimited

* Please include your name and screen name on the backs of your cards

* list the concept of your card on the back of your card.

* Please use card protectors when mailing to protect your cards

* Those in the USA - Please include a self addressed stamped envelope for your returns

* International - include a self addressed envelope - I will take care of return postage.

* Please Contact me if you can not make the mail by deadline.

Symbols are all around us, a part of our communication. You may be using symbols in your work now - a color or repeated design - What are your own personal symbols? This swap is for exploring that question.

PM me when you are ready to send your cards and I will PM you my address.

This is a digital card I did for another swap - the concept was Daydreaming, the fish were for me, symbols of how I daydream - my mind jumping from one thought to next, each thought like a fish, here and then gone <g>

View attachment 4459

1. Goatgoddess
2. Rooskie - Rec
3. Ibus - Rec 1st
4. ScramperSue
5. Biggoldfsh - Rec
6. rockstarsgirl - Rec
7. Randiland - Rec
8. schaefme - Rec
9. Bright-Spark - Rec
10. Chronata - Rec 2nd
11. sometomato - Rec
12. Els - Rec
13. polario - Rec

Last edited:
Welcome to the swap Rooskie - pm me when you are ready for my address :)

ScramperSue and Biggoldfsh welcome to the swap - glad you are joining - pm me when you are ready for my address. :)

rockstarsgirl - welcome to the swap - glad you are joining :) pm me when you are ready for my address.

Randiland - Welcome to the swap - pm me when you are ready for my address. :)

I am really struggling with this swap! I don't know why. I really want to do this because it's challenging, but it may be too challenging. Can the symbol already exist and represent something else, or do I have to invent one??? HELP!! I

Rooskie - you can use anything that means something to you - there is no right or wrong way to do this swap :)

Take the concept of Change - some people see the butterfly as a symbol of that - others might think of a seed, and yet others may see the seasons changing as a symbol of change. There is as many ways to do this swap as there are people.

hope this helps a bit - just remember it's about fun and exploring concepts - it can be whatever you want it to be.

schaefme and Bright-Spark - welcome to the swap - so glad you are joining! pm me when you are ready for my address :)

Back
Top Bottom