Media
Last cards received by: 6 September 2014
Number of cards: 3:3
Number of players: 30

S T E A M P U N K

1_2014-74.jpg
1_2014-73.jpg
1_2014-75.jpg

Steampunk is a sub-genre of science fiction that typically features steam-powered machinery, especially in a setting inspired by industrialized Western civilization during the 19th century. Steampunk works are often set in an alternative history of the 19th century's British Victorian era or American "Wild West", in a post-apocalyptic future during which steam power has regained mainstream use, or in a fantasy world that similarly employs steam power (source Wikipedia)

This swap is to make cards which reflect the Steampunk era. Please ensure your cards are flat, ie no highly raised embellishments which will get eaten by the modern day mail machines.

RULES FOR ALL ATC SWAPS
• Cards must be 2.5in x 3.5in in size
• Cards must be securely made and on sturdy card at least
• Cards must be in plastic sleeves
• Your user name and real name and email on the back of each card
• Please submit your best work – other players will be submitting their best work so it is only fair

RULES FOR PLAYING IN CATHY’S SWAPS
1. All media and mixed media encouraged and appreciated. Your cards can be collaged, drawn, painted, stamped, stitched etc – open to your creativity. Regrettably no stickers as the focal image and no digital but everything else.
2. Cards must be fairly flat and if raised embellishments are used they must be securely fastened and must be able to go through the mail machines without harm.
3. Enclose a discreetly hidden US$2 - $3 for postage. Do not send stamps. New Zealand is not a state of the US and so therefore I cannot use them for return postage. If you prefer I do accept Paypal – just PM me for the account name.
4. Include a LARGE sticky address label for your returns. Do not include an envelope – I will supply that.
5. Mail your cards at least 7-10 days before the swap end date to ensure they reach me in time. I like to swap on time and any late cards will be swapped with other late cards or returned unswapped.
6. If you disappear without a trace and do not send in your cards I will leave you a neutral itrader so please communicate.
7. Remember to leave rep (you rock) points for those whose cards you receive and itrader for me as your host once you receive your returns. I track my itraders to ensure all cards reach their destinations.
8. I love to receive a card on theme from you all so if you do include one (it is not mandatory) I will treasure it.

.........who wants to play??

Esaetawithdrawn
Fandaniewithdrawn
Arcanareceived
Catbreceived
Bag123received
Art Newbie Alessandriareceived
Karr311received
Bluelesleyreceived
Pikkis RECEIVED
Canadarosebudreceived
Mouseitreceived
Lalkareceived
Margoartistwithdrawn
Beckieboocraftswithdrawn
Barbarafpagereceived
Trudyreceived
Britty1992received
Mcgillisjreceived
Sarniereceived
Rocknrobinreceived
JulieHafford
JenUrebel

Last edited:
I think Steampunk is one of my favourite mediums. It allows me to layer and keep layering. Wht is your favorite think about Steampunk??????

My favorite thing is probably the challenge of creating a world - if you want your card to include an invention or gadget, you have to invent it yourself, because it didn't really exist. And even the clothes with goggles and stuff, really just comes from the imagination. And that's a challenge for me, I don't usually make my own characters and stuff.

That's the cool thing about fairy swaps or dragon swaps too, there are no real beings to reference, you have to create out it out your imagination.

Back
Top Bottom