Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: #20 - Happy Crafters Moley (Moleskine) Group~Full

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never heard of any restrictions in mailing feather to the Netherlands - haven't got the entire address list ready yet but as far as I can see now most players are in the US
    Seeya , Nicky

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

JAZZIE this one's for you!

JAZZIE dear, can't seem to send PMs to you since your box is full!!! Please provide me with the details requested below a.s.a.p. and I'll provide an address list for you all (without the phone numbers and e-mail since they are for emergency matters only and will stay with me):

Screen name:
    Full address:
    Emergency phone number:
    E-mail address:
    AFA Buddy (if you have one):

Thanks!

Nicky
    Seeya , Nicky

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feather Questions:

I have read up on rules about certain types of feathers. If the bird is considered a "protected species" then none of its eggs, feathers, body etc can be bought or sold.

In that respect, the blue jay and cardinal feathers will not be in the book. I have received feathers through a trade that crossed country borders and the feathers made it safely to me.

Now, on that note, I'm sure that border patrol is looking for people trying to smuggle large quantities of feathers and birds across country lines, not a little black notebook with pretty pictures in it.

Great Blue Heron's are one such bird, owning any piece of a Heron is punishable by law. A fine or jail time may occur if you are caught with their feathers, eggs, a whole bird, etc.

Now if you have any doubts about the feather you are sending it would better not to send it.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    To clarify, the Cardinal feathers were given to me during a swap, and the blue jay feather was found in my parent's back yard. I also have Hawk, Goose, Swan, Pigeon, and Duck feathers from living by a lake.

Plucking a bird for it's feathers and then sending the bird back to the wild naked is not okay, finding a feather in the woods is not a big deal.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your info, Coyote. I find feathers in my yard from time to time and I hesitated to use them in my artwork. Now I know.

I have decided on my theme: Windows and the views behind them.

I've always been fascinated by what goes on inside people's homes and other places where people gather. A view into others' worlds; a glimpse of other lives. Windows provide just enough of that view: a snapshot; a frame around the real portrait of life.

DO'S: HD/HP preferred, but use the method you do BEST!!

Show at least one window in the 3 page spread; however, a window on each page is great.

Then show what's going on inside: behind the window. (Think: cafe window with patrons inside; kitchen window with cooking ; lovers by the fire; children playing; garden shop; art shop; etc. Holidays, ordinary days; any season, any time of day, any where in the world.

DON'TS:just nothing negative, no gore or nudity. (I want to share with my grandkids)

I KNOW I will LOVE whatever you decide to do. Great art comes from great people!
    old lady on the outside

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh good. Sounds like it won't be a problem.

We have lots of seagull feathers out here on the coast. There's no way they are endangered- they're a menace. Beautiful feathers though!
    He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming
    soon."
    Amen. Come, Lord Jesus. The grace of the Lord Jesus be
    with God's people. Amen.-Revelation 22:20-21
    Crows and Ravens
    Profile PAT

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seagull! Could you stick a few in my moley?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nicky I had never thought of the problem with one person always sending to you. I had to send over the border in the last swap. Other people didn't want to because it cost to much. So I guess it really could be an issue. It is far more expensive to send to the Netherlands than to send local I assume. So what if we all chipped in an helped finance whoever has to send to you all the time, and maybe help you as well. I don't know how much it costs to ship to you. I think it was costing me around 6 or 7 dollars every time I shipped across the border. But if we all sent a little extra money, perhaps that would even it out. I remember that I did feel sort of sad that other people would not send over the border when there was one occasion that they could have. Instead they sent it to me so I could send it and pay the extra postage. So I do think it would be nice if we others chipped in on the postage for the back and forth across the pond. That is if you stick with the same person.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    Seagull! Could you stick a few in my moley?
    Sure, I'll try and remember to add a few in
    He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming
    soon."
    Amen. Come, Lord Jesus. The grace of the Lord Jesus be
    with God's people. Amen.-Revelation 22:20-21
    Crows and Ravens
    Profile PAT

goatgoddess is offline every artist was first an amateur - ralph waldo emerson
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't mind sending to you Nicky - or to Canada which ever works out best

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
    The order of mailing has not been decided yet Coyote... there are a few here who are not comfortable with the difficult mailing schedule - and to be honest - I haven't been able to figure it out completely myself. Some prefer to mail the moley they worked on to the same person all the time, to keep it simple... I feel strongly for that system but then there will be one of you constantly mailing to me and I'm in the Netherlands... that's the only bottleneck I fear.... Off to bed now and I'll have a look at it again tomorrow.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I suppose goatgoddess could send to Canada and I could send to netherlands. The only possible problem is that I am moving to California in February. Of course that would nix Canada altogether I think. I will be out with my sister Kentucky Dakota so her and I wanted to be able to just hand ours to each other out there and save postage... So that might work well.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    now for a theme.......

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    angelmuz that is cool that you will be closer to your sister.
    I really don't mind sending to the Netherlands. I don't like sending 25 lbs of something overseas but this small isn't bad at all. with the kids grown and gone I have a bit more play money now

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    So as off February all you players will be in the US... Thanks Goatgoddess for offering to mail to me! Next question: if we decide to mail to the same player all the time (probably the easiest way because it is easier to remember) there is no need to distribute the entire address list to all players. In that case you can receive the details from the player you are going to send the moleys to for the next 9 months...

Waiting for Jazzie and DebbaPeot to provide their address details. As soon as I have them, I will figure out a mailing order. Hope Jazzie picks up on this because her box is full so PMs do not reach her
    Seeya , Nicky

jazzie is offline I would have Harold Lloyd's babies if I could.
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    HI!
    I'm here, but in the middle of a move, so I'll be back later to catch up.
    PM me for new address - no longer @ Hillandale or Talbot
    coachart www.coachart.org

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do we put anything on the back of the 3 pages that we create our art on?
    Now Hosting: MMH Kokeshi Dolls - Come play!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm confused. How do we get everyone's moley if we continue to send to the same person the whole time. If that is the case would this be the order of things.
    Nicky always sends to Coyote, Coyote always sends to Trilov, Trilov always sends to Angelmuz and so forth. It would go around in a circle, so my first post would make sense. I would always trade who evers moley I got next in the swap to Trilov. Or if we reverse it, I would always send the Moley to Nicky. Right?

If we do it that way then this should be the way it goes
    Coyote to Nicky
    Nicky to Trilov
    Trilov to Angelmuz
    so forth and so on until I got my back from say....goatgoddess who always sent to me.

Or am I way off?

So as off February all you players will be in the US... Thanks Goatgoddess for offering to mail to me! Next question: if we decide to mail to the same player all the time (probably the easiest way because it is easier to remember) there is no need to distribute the entire address list to all players. In that case you can receive the details from the player you are going to send the moleys to for the next 9 months...

Waiting for Jazzie and DebbaPeot to provide their address details. As soon as I have them, I will figure out a mailing order. Hope Jazzie picks up on this because her box is full so PMs do not reach her

jazzie is offline I would have Harold Lloyd's babies if I could.
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    JAZZIE dear, can't seem to send PMs to you since your box is full!!! Please provide me with the details requested below a.s.a.p. and I'll provide an address list for you all (without the phone numbers and e-mail since they are for emergency matters only and will stay with me):

Screen name:
    Full address:
    Emergency phone number:
    E-mail address:
    AFA Buddy (if you have one):

Thanks!

Nicky
    Sorry - I'm in the middle of a move and have been offline for a few days. I'll get the info to you.
    PM me for new address - no longer @ Hillandale or Talbot
    coachart www.coachart.org

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzie View Post
    Sorry - I'm in the middle of a move and have been offline for a few days. I'll get the info to you.
    Oh dear - in the middle of a move??? How horrible - I just hate moving! Good luck!
    Seeya , Nicky

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just wait until the order of mailing has been decided. I will decide who mails to who when I have got all the addresses and I can make sense of your locations. After that I will let you know who it is that you will mail to. And yes, in that way you will get every moley once and it goes round in a circle until the last one can sent it home.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    I'm confused. How do we get everyone's moley if we continue to send to the same person the whole time. If that is the case would this be the order of things.
    Nicky always sends to Coyote, Coyote always sends to Trilov, Trilov always sends to Angelmuz and so forth. It would go around in a circle, so my first post would make sense. I would always trade who evers moley I got next in the swap to Trilov. Or if we reverse it, I would always send the Moley to Nicky. Right?

If we do it that way then this should be the way it goes
    Coyote to Nicky
    Nicky to Trilov
    Trilov to Angelmuz
    so forth and so on until I got my back from say....goatgoddess who always sent to me.

Or am I way off?
    Seeya , Nicky