Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: #20 - Happy Crafters Moley (Moleskine) Group~Full

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hooray! Moleskin arrived today. Wheels are turning; doing doodling to finalize my intro to the moley.
    old lady on the outside

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still waiting for B and N to tell me my moley arrived so I can pick it up. I'm getting anxious.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yay! My moley is here! Can't wait to get started on it.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have my Moley! thank goodness. We need to create a 3-page spread to establish theme and to get the ball rolling, but we also need to create a sign in area. the moley has an "If Found" section at the front where I was planning to write my info, then on the first panel or two I was going to create the sign in page. THEN after that was going to be my 3 page spread.

Will that work? Also, could you post as example picture of what is expected so I am not way off. I can't find anything in the gallery section of the web site.
    Last edited by Coyote; 10-13-2014 at 07:33 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Coyote,

I've done 3 pages... with the 3x9 pages from the others, that will just fill up the moley nicely... I know that it says that you need a sign in area for those working on your album, that's in the standard instructions so I left it in - for those who like to do that - please feel free to do so - I for one would like to see artist info etc. on the back of the pages the artist has created.

On the first page of my moley are my details and below that is a list with the names of the players in the order of sending and a small box after their names that each player can tick off of color in once they have worked on the moley. Sort of a combination of a sign in page and trafel plan... but it is up to you how you do this.

If you make sure that the last 27 pages remain blank for the other 9 artists to work on, you can do whatever you like in whatever order you like with the first remaining pages.

Will see if my scanner is in a good mood today (has been playing tricks on me for the last few weeks) so I can scan my first moley pages for you... remember, just as an example for what I did... No rules here - keep in mind that it is YOUR moley so whatever you do, you should be okay with it.

We've almost got all themes from our participants (only Jazzie has not decided yet - but she's probably busy due to her recent move as well) so the thinking about 'what to do for whom' can start as well - soooo much fun!
    Last edited by Nicky; 10-13-2014 at 10:33 AM.
    Seeya , Nicky
    ps. Hosting a Moley swap, starting January 2019.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's my 'moley starter section' hope it gives you some ideas Coyote!
    The karate spread is on the same paper as the rest but scanned in b/w so that explains the difference in color.
    Last edited by Nicky; 10-13-2014 at 10:33 AM.
    Seeya , Nicky

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amazing artwork Nicky. I remember seeing it and being blown away when we traded moleys. I have a perfect addition to the pages I have done so far ready.

Thank you for clarifying!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    JAPANESE MOLESKINE EXHIBIT IN LONDON

Watch it, Love it, Do it!

jazzie is offline I would have Harold Lloyd's babies if I could.
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm leaning towards 'Shakespeare Inspired' for my Moley theme - will elaborate later...
    PM me for new address - no longer @ Hillandale or Talbot
    coachart www.coachart.org

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ouuu, that sounds good. I'm making sketches of what I want to do. Nothing actually in the moley yet.

Nicky, I like what you've done. Very nice. This is gonna be the best moley swap yet!
    Last edited by JSilver; 10-13-2014 at 05:43 PM. Reason: adding
    old lady on the outside

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    CHANGING MY THEME!!!!

Hamsa Hands
    Do's: Create a Hamsa Hand from your own hand print or two! You have three panels go crazy with the designs. EACH HAMSA HAND MUST HAVE AN EVIL EYE IN THE CENTER. look at my gallery for some examples. These are to hand painted/hand drawn only! no collage or embellishments. I like to keep my books flatter.

Don't: copy and past from the interwebs or Pintrest. X-P I do not like it when my administrators tell me, the art teacher, the get ideas from Pintrest for things. It makes me cringe inside. DO YOUR BEST WORK!!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, just trying to think this through.
    My hand doesn't fit on the page fully. So if I'm to use my hand print I would either get a partial hand on each panel or have to scan and shrink and print in the computer and cut out for the book, or perhaps do one hand across the three panels sideways.
    Do you have a preference on those options Coyote?
    He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming
    soon."
    Amen. Come, Lord Jesus. -Revelation 22:20
    Profile PAT

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    MY HAMSA HANDS LINK

Above is a link to some hands that I made. Now your hands should be done side ways across three panels. That way you have a lot of room to create your hand's design and the back ground to the pages. I want the whole 3 panels to have some sort of detail and color and beauty.
    Last edited by Coyote; 10-14-2014 at 12:25 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    What am I supposed to do with all the feathers I plucked from my neighborhood birds?? JUST KIDDING!!!!

Ok, I'm changing gears in my mind>>>>>Hamsa Hands with evil eyes>>>> Think I got it.
    old lady on the outside

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Poor naked neighbor birdies.

Ok, I got it Coyote. That totally makes sense now.
    soon."
    Profile PAT

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Deadline for mail out is getting closer... just waiting for Jazzie to elaborate on her theme. Hopefully all you gals have your moleys in the house and have finished or are working on your 3 introduction pages....Don't forget to show them to us before you mail out your moley and you will not see it (the actual moley that is) until some time August next year.
    Seeya , Nicky

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have my moley quite yet. They have it in finally at my art store but I'm down with a cold so haven't been out to pick it up. If worse comes to worse I'll just do the bare minimum before mailing and finish it up when it returns home.
    soon."
    Profile PAT

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh sure hope your going to feel better soon - not feeling fit myself... Just take good care!
    Seeya , Nicky

jazzie is offline I would have Harold Lloyd's babies if I could.
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Moley Theme: Shakespeare Inspired
    Iím leaving the interpretation of that up to the artist. Use his image, his words, the image his words conjure up for you. I donít care where you get your ideas Ė reading his plays, sonnets, scouring Google, Bing, Pinterest for ideas Ė whatever Ė wherever Ė however you get your ideas doesnít matter to me. If youíre still stumped, PM me and Iíll give you some ideas. My only request is that you donít repeat something someone else has already done Ė thereís enough material to get around that.

Medium:
    Whatever youíre best atÖ

Doís:
    I really like it when one page spills into another Ė we are truly collaborating that way. It doesnít have to be much, say ľ of the page adjoining your last page. Donít worry you wonít be doing extra work, my spread will trail into JSilverís and hopefully a little bit of her work will poke into goatgoddessís and so on.

No Noís:
    Please donít use tip-ins. I feel this isnít really Moley-worthy as youíre creating the artwork outside of the Moley. I think the point of this exercise is to work on this unique format itself. Otherwise, we could all create three panels on cardstock and mail that to the owner and let them glue it in, right? Yes itís scary, but have a plan. Sketch it out on tracing paper, see if it fits and make adjustments before you dive in. Once youíve started if you find youíve made an oops Ė stop and take a deep breath. Will anyone but you know itís an oops? Donít worry about it. If itís really a mess, figure some way around it Ėyou are a creative person Ė find a solution. The other reasons I donít like tip-ins are they often donít fit the panels they were meant to and add a great deal of bulk to the end product. I didnít stipulate this as a no-no on my first Moley and ended up with half of the pages glued on with cardstock spreads that donít fold well and make the Moley almost impossible to close. Not what I was expecting after waiting a year for it to come back. When in doubt, leave the bulk out.
    PM me for new address - no longer @ Hillandale or Talbot
    coachart www.coachart.org

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Me thinks I doth understand thee!
    old lady on the outside