View Poll Results: What dates would work best for you all?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • April

1 50.00%
  • May

0 0%
  • June

2 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EUREKA "THAR' BE ART IN THOSE HILLS' SPRINGS ARTIST RETREAT-2016

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yee-haw!!!.....guess who lives in Arkansas? ME I will come and also help in any way possible.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesybreeze View Post
    Yee-haw!!!.....guess who lives in Arkansas? ME I will come and also help in any way possible.
    Oh yay! I will probably take you up on that! LOL I plan on starting some major planning/preparations when I get back from my Honeymoon in June. So be ready!!! LOL

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay...as I have told a few of you...I will be on honeymoon from May 20th until June 24th...so...what that has to do with this here group is that...when I get back, I will be going full steam ahead on this planning and such for this event.

I will be looking for helpers....not sure yet what you will do exactly, but will no more as time goes on. I have had a couple of people volunteer already, and that means a lot to me!

Also, if you know of anyone that has to do with vending or art and can teach a class ( cheap or volunteer) let me know. I will get back with you when the time gets closer and we need to lock them in.

No sure where we are having it, as there are many places here that will fit the bill...I want everyone to be able to afford it ad have a good time, but yet, have it be nice also.

A couple of questions for you ladies:

1: Do you want to keep activities ( not the classes) as a group or let each individual decide on their own with what they want to do?
    2. I personally think we should dine together, but if you have other suggestions, then so be it...please, let me hear them!
    3. Vendors and instructors that come will either get a discount or a free pass or something for volunteerring their time and or products. Although, vendors will be selling their merchandise, they still have to take the time to come, set up and so forth...so I think it would be worth giving them a break too!
    4. My husband will be taking care of the funds...if anyone has issues with this, please let me know ahead of time. I am not sure how everything will work on that front but he is excellent in this sort of area, has worked for the state, so we have background checks and so forth for both of us for that matter if anyone wants to see them. Although retired, we can provide references... We want everyone to feel safe and secure...
    5. What sort of outings, if any, would you be interested in?

These are just some of the ideas...and although there will only be a few days, we can spend each minute and hour having fun!

So, suggestion BOX is now open for ideas and so things... PM me if you would rather that way...or email me.

I may be forming a few small committees also, depending on size of group...so stay tuned for that, and if you wish to participate and help that way....let me know.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone!

Just wanted to touch base and let everyone know that I am still around...still planning on arranging this, and will be going full force on this come July. I will be back from Vacation by then and hopefully settled back into routine so that I can go full throttle with planning this.

I am still looking for volunteers and a few instructors to hold classes for this event. I will be letting you know hopefully within the next couple of months where it will be held and so forth.

I would still like everyone to let me know here who is interested in coming possibly. This DOES NOT commit you to anything at this time. I just need to get an idea of how many so I know what size of a place to try and get...

Prices and such will also be out soon. Not sure what it will include as of right now. It will depend on what we have and so forth. Rooms will be reserved by individuals but will be set up with a motel ahead of time so you will get a discount.

Food and such will be up to each person individually

Reserving place to hold this event, materials for classes, instructors fees, etc...will be included in your price. The more people we have the better and cheaper it will be for everyone!

Okay...off i go! But stay tuned for upcoming info...PM your address so that I can send paper info when I need to .

Thank you!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yee-haw! Since I live in Arkansas, I can handle the goodie bags, can teach a class, and carry a bunch of supples because I'm only about 2 hours away.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    That would be great Bluesy! We will get donations I think for the goody bags and such. I really, really appreciate this! I will get in contact with you in July when I know a little more and let you know something.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be back within the next two weeks full steam ahead! I'm still planning on planning to hold this next year so make sure to start tuned for updates.

If everyone that is interested in going still could please PM me their email address so I can send updates, info, etc...that would be great.

Stay tuned for more news and info coming up in the near future!

Pixi

mzspurslasso is offline I'm not creative like you...I'm creative like me.
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to be on the information list.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woo hoo mzspurslasso! I sure will keep you and everyone else up on the info...

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    OMG Colourful.Daze, why didn't you mention this to me??? You know if you're going I'm thumbing a ride LOL!!! There's still room, right???

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ooooh yes, TF Balding! This is still in the very early preliminary pre planning stages...I'm getting an idea right now how many would be interested so that I know what to try to work towards getting... I will put y'all on the list.

xstitcher is online now Please do not disturb, I am disturbed enough already!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I sent you my email yesterday I think.
    Hosting: August PAT spaces left 2 HD/HP & 1 any media group! come check it out!!

The Continuous Random Round Robin - 9

native killette is offline Wheel In The Sky Keeps On Turnin'!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe ill come to this instead of hosting my own! You can put me on the interested list & if you have any questions about booking the hotel or actually hosting the shindig let me know because I just went through it.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to have you native killette! I decided to host this one for those of us around the area and those especially that could not get to the east or west coasts...for whatever reason. It would be great to have you and definitely will keep you in mind for questions and answers!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey everybody! How's it going? I hope everyone is staying cool these VERY hot summer days!

Okay first I want to know who can or wants to help/volunteer to help with the planning of this event...

2. What sort of things are you able to do...

and

3. Would some of you close to me be able to meet like maybe once a month for now?

Things I am looking for help with:

some of the planning ( ideas, etc..)
    help getting donations for ( prizes, gift bags, refreshments, etc...)
    Holding classes ( teachers, speakers, etc...)
    and anything else you can think of that would make this event more enjoyable for all that attend!

I am very excited about getting this planned and on the roll here...so let's get to it so we can have a great time next year!

If you go back to the top of page 1 here...you will also see a poll i have posted. It is to see which month would be best to hold this. NOTHING is written in stone yet!

Hope to hear from more of you...

Also, another question for those of you that want to come from this group...Do you have any qualms about anyone else coming outside of this group? Since we are not a "official" ATC'sforAll event, I thought it might be nice/fun to invite people from other groups I belong to ( art groups) and maybe some of you have friends that would like to come also!

Okay...I will be waiting to hear from you all!

Pixi <3

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't really volunteer for anything very helpful, but just putting it out there that the best time for me would be summer, period. My & my husband's work schedules wouldn't permit for me to be MIA during the school year (someone has to be home to make sure the kiddo gets off to school in the mornings).

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Summer would be best for me as well. I'll think about what I may be able to help with

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I could probably make it!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woohoo! We hope you can zhouzhou!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would be interested, it is always fascinating to meet fellow artists!

My favorite activity at Artzona was 5 minute canvases: groups of 5 artist pass around 5x8 canvas. You get 5 minutes exactly to do something on it. Anything goes. Lots of squealing and some really fabulous art.