Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Continuous Random Round Robins - 5

xstitcher is offline Please do not disturb, I am disturbed enough already!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Continuous Random Round Robins - 5

If you think 3 heads are better than one when it comes to making ATCs this is the place for you.

We are a fun group of ATC makers who like to spread the making of ATCs around to more than one person.

Here is how to get started……………..

First you sign up in the thread and tell us what themes you do not want so I can add your name to the list in the 1st post.

Next you PM your mailing address and any dislikes to me so I can add it to the address list. I will update this list as players come and go or change their status.

If you wish to take a break from playing at any time all you need to do is post in the thread and send me a pm. I will move you to the HOMERS ONLY section of the address list until you ask me to change it. This way you will still get any you have started that have been completed by others but you should not get any new ones. If you do get new ones, please let me know in a pm.

And here is how a Round Robin works…………

Player 1 starts it off by starting 3 cards. These cards need to be more than a preprinted background. Please put something on them. On the back please put ATCS FOR ALL RANDOM ROUND ROBIN or AFA RANDOM RR at the top (so we know where it came from as there are 2 round robin groups) along with at least your user name. Mail all 3 cards to Player 2.

Player 2 will work on the cards. Add at least your user name to the back. Mail all 3 cards to Player 3.

Player 3 will finish the cards. Add at least your user name to the back. Keep 1 card and mail the other 2 back to Player 1.

Player 1 will keep 1 card and mail the other one to Player 2.

VERY IMPORTANT ~ Please remember to look at the most current list before sending cards to anyone to make sure they are still playing.

EQUALLY IMPORTANT ~ Please check what cards a player DOES NOT WANT. Do not send unwanted themes to anyone as they must pay to send them on to someone else .

If you get a set of cards and you have no idea what to do with them, just send them on to someone else.

Feel free to post eye candy whenever you want. Part of the fun of being in a Round Robin is seeing who is doing what. You can post them when you get them before you add anything, after you have added something or when you get a completed set. If you don't have a scanner or are not sure how to post them it is ok. Posting is not a requirement to join and have fun. There are no Round Robin Police sent to visit if you don't!

And you never have to say who you are sending to unless you want to.

And last but not least…………

iTraders: They are fun to give and fun to get so please remember them. Once you have a completed card you can give them to both the other players. When giving them you are the trader.

THE PLAYERS
    Linked to the profile page for ease of leaving iTraders

Allegrae
    angelmuz
    ArtsyOne
    bekaH
    CastleQueen5
    ceejay
    cinlan
    Della
    Elena
    ferretgirl
    Gumbek
    heymaggie
    kaisaj
    katelnorth
    katie707
    kentuckydakota
    lafaver55.
    lindagiese
    Mesektet
    mzspurslasso
    Palmira
    prayer_at_night
    Sarah's mom
    Shades
    Silky1150
    Spinnbabul
    sweetgypsy
    Tandy
    ThouArtDelyrias
    vick302000

[HOMERS ONLY PLEASE]
    These players are taking a break from playing, so please send only completed cards back to them

AlornJR
    big toe studio
    Boopsie
    csigeek124
    DeepDarkHana
    DeniseMDupree
    Hiddentreasure2010
    ineedtocreate
    LauraM540
    MACE
    mrubyjean
    Nancy
    Pixi
    Robin
    Seascape131
    StoneFX
    xstitcher
    Last edited by xstitcher; 08-19-2015 at 10:38 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are a chatty bunch!

We hit 1000 posts 11-10 and I didn't even notice!

I hope everyone can find us.

I just realized I never gave iTraders for the homers I sent out earlier this week............

I swear I need a new brain.

I have given all I can with the 2 hour rule. Hope to remember to do the rest tonight!

prayer_at_night is offline Elvis Sparkley-Toes, the Christmas Elf
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yay, we made it again! XD We sure are chatty.
    Hugs, Sarah

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, I didn't even know there was a limit on how many posts you could have on a thread! LOL

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, sweetie, that's the reason the CRRR threads are numbered...

I actually don't even know why we do this, to be honest, only that we do it.
    Can you explain the reason, xstitcher? I'm just curious...
    Hugs, Sarah

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also, I got letters!

One from Mace with a great starter set (mom and I were so hoping someone would do something with the postcards! ) and a set to finish that my mom started - love your addition to it, Mace! <3

And the other one is from my favourite vampiress out there, and apart from swap and trade cards there were also two awesome homers (both are me, Pixi and v_rose) in there! Love the Halloweenish twist you girls gave the skyline set, and the letter one is awesome as well!

And I almost forgot: We got a big fat letter from Sarnie! We already split the cards but the ones for me were 3 different wonderful homers! Woohoo!
    Last edited by prayer_at_night; 11-13-2014 at 06:56 PM.
    Hugs, Sarah

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    To our next 1,000 posts! I have sets headed to prayer_at_night and vampiress. I'm a bit under the weather, soI didn't take any time to scan completed cards.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure why we stop at 1000.

When I took over from Chardonnay1965 I noticed Carole Cadek had closed one of her threads at 1000 posts and started a new one so I just kept it up.

To get it closed I report the 1st post and ask. Since no one ever said not to I figure there is a reason.

I think I will ask Carole and report back when I get an answer!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Prayer, yeah I loved those postcards. I love all sorts of animal stuff and I collect Rhino's actually (not the real ones, they won't fit in my trailer) although I do have a mouse who I have been trying to humanely trap for over a week and now I think he's just funny. My dog won't even chase it and I don't want to kill it. LOL I have such a gentle heart.

I put a paper towel roll balanced on the counter with his snacks in the end of it and he managed to turn it around on the counter without it falling and got his treats out of it I am using cheerios. That is their favourite food not cheese! Did anyone know that? I wipe down the counters with chlorox wipes every day because I'm not sure what kind of diseases mice carry. Hopefully he'll go home if we get a warm spell.
    If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced. Vincent Van Gogh
    My Blog: http://did-i-really-do-that.blogspot.com/

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mace, I had two pet mice and a pet rat, lol. I am completely with you. I bet it would be quite a sight to see that little guy scampering around on your counters eating cereal. We always loved our little mice. They both died from old age and I was holding the last one when he passed....so sad then I had to give up my rat because my apartment wouldn't let me keep him. But you can have birds, how much sense does that make?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have an answer regarding the 1000 posts~

Here is Carole's reply..............
    Quote Originally Posted by Carole Cadek
    Mary Ann, what I was told, is that when a thread has a 1000 posts or more, it's a strain on the server every time the thread is clicked on and opened to be read.

So I will try and do better about stopping at 1000 next time.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi- checking in. We hit a thou pretty fast didn't we?

By the way, since I had cards piling up for awhile while I was sick I sent on some sets to others to work on. Didn't want to hold them up. I also got about 7 sets worked on myself yesterday so they'll all be back in circulation this week. Woo-hoo! So nice to feel healthy again!
    He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming
    soon."
    Amen. Come, Lord Jesus. -Revelation 22:20
    Profile PAT

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so glad you're better, Teresa!

And Mary Ann, thanks a lot for finding out about the 1000 posts! I'm always so curious...
    Hugs, Sarah

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I received a starter from DeepDarkHanna

DeepDarkHana is offline Suspended User Suspended Member
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    MACE and vamp_rose
    seems like everyone has at least one mouse in the house this year! I spotted the first one we've had in 15 years of living here the other day, which is Completely Ridiculous as we are playing host to Five cats at the moment!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL Mace.

Della, I really love those Monopoly atcs! <3 Wonderful

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's funny, I was thinking the other day that we were getting near the 1000 mark, and then totally forgot about it...

I have a big pile o' cards waiting for me to work on - hoping to have some time this weekend - the past few have been really busy, but this one looks a little less insane.
    Kate North
    http://katesquilting.blogspot.com
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    My APC ad here
    Now Hosting House Shaped ATCs Swap, due 1 August 2018 and mid-July PAT, due 24 Sept (Full)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alrighty then...found the urgent message in last thread...and so followed the yellow brink road, and tada! Here you are....

Received homers from Castlequeen...and vampiress_rose worked on as well...

Have a few starters and homers i will be finishing this weekend, and starting some myself...

Also, sending xstitcher my other address...will be leaving to go down for two months to my Mom and sisters...so look for xstitchers message soon...

and yeah...that is all from me right now!

kattieaaron is offline Suspended User Suspended Member
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm curious if these starters I made call to anyone before I randomly pick someone to send them off to. I'll check back Monday to see what you guys think. BTW, they're actually my first starters.

Button cards going to Allegrae
    Last edited by kattieaaron; 11-16-2014 at 12:08 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great starters katie :-)

I received finished card today from pixi that myself and castlequeen worked on, great job, love the finished card! :-)

Added my additions to two sets sarnie sent my way and they are now on their ways to sweetgypsy and elena.

Finished this awesome set worked on by sweetgypsy, stonefx and myself and these will also be on their way back to gypsy. Love how these turned out! :-)
    Last edited by BekaH; 04-04-2015 at 12:33 AM.