Chinese New Year - Year of the Goat, Due February 12 2015

BTW Vicki when my daughter was a baby she couldn't drink baby formula milk or cow's milk without getting really bad digestive problems which kept us all up all night - someone recommended goats milk and it was a god send !

Hi Vicki, hug the kids for me! LOL!
I'll work on the cards and if I can complete them, then I am in. I think I might have mailed off the muse together with other trades! Oh dear.

Oh, I hope you can complete some cards.
I missed out on your fabulous catrds the last few Athons, and I am soooo bummed.
Can't wait to see what you create.

BTW Vicki when my daughter was a baby she couldn't drink baby formula milk or cow's milk without getting really bad digestive problems which kept us all up all night - someone recommended goats milk and it was a god send !

I wish more people knew about goat milk, and didn't have the (very false) idea that it tastes like barnyards.
I have always believed the milk wasn't handled properly, or perhaps not chilled soon enough. People who drank my goat milk liked it BETTER than cow milk.

Thank goodness you found out about goats milk, and tried it!

Vicki, what kind of goats do you raise? I had a herd of mostly Toggenburgs for years--like yours, they all had names and came when called--loved to be petted and snuggled and played with. They are better than dogs, and just as smart! I really miss them. . .

Vicki, what kind of goats do you raise? I had a herd of mostly Toggenburgs for years--like yours, they all had names and came when called--loved to be petted and snuggled and played with. They are better than dogs, and just as smart! I really miss them. . .

Nubian, Saanen, Toggenburg, and French Alpine.
I raise them mostly for milk and milk products, and since the above breeds are good milk producers, plus produce milk of high to very high butterfat content, this works well for cheese making when I blend the milk output.

Minnesota is getting quite a reputation for goat breeding and the Minnesota Dairy Goat Association gets larger every year.

I absolutely ADORE goat's milk cheese!!
My Mum tells a very funny story of her Dad coming home one night very proud of himself and leading a goat. My Nana asked him what he was doing and he said that he had bought the goat so that the children (my Mum and her siblings) could have fresh milk each day. My Nana took one look and asked him where this milk was supposed to come from. . . you guessed it, my Pa had brought home a BILLY instead of a nanny goat.
Needless to say the goat didn't stay the night.:laugh:

Please sign me up - can't miss your Chinese New Year swaps!

Lurkers welcome, StregaAnna.
Hope to see you back.
There are several links in the first post if you need inspiration.

CNY - Year of the Goat

Here you are 3 cards. 2 fish cards and 1 sheep.
Goldfish: Gold on Gold, cut and paste.
Nian nian you yu: colors on red, cut and paste.
Sheep: stamp art, cut and paste, outline with gold gel pen on red background. Scan showed orange bkgrd.

okay, you can sign me up. one more card to go.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom