Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: #21 Foodie Fanatics Moley Group (Open Media)~FULL

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome theme K!!

Only three more spots to go!!! Everybody msg a friend who might be interested!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to do a little something different. I want my book to include arty/illustrated recipes. The theme of the recipes should be anything "food truck" related. It can be any type of recipe you might be able to enjoy from a food truck, which is essentially anything. You might be thinking, but I've never...just research it , it's pretty awesome. Another source for inspiration is http://www.theydrawandcook.com they have some great illustrated recipes - right, Grrrdjules?!
    Each person's spread does not need to merge into the next, but each persons spread needs to include a recipe. It's ok to keep it simple OR not when it comes to picking your foodie truck grub recipe. Keep in mind your space needed for recipe text. Neatly handwritten is fine, so are typed-out and securely collaged ones- you make the call on how you get it on there, just plan it out. You can do just the illustrated recipe or you can be imaginative with your recipe and include your food truck, truck foodies/fans, and surrounding city happenings. Any questions, let me know.
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 01-11-2015 at 12:23 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Charlie Brown my first thought was Mexican since my Dad always wanted his own restaurant even one that fit in a truck. In Mexico he would sometimes sell food on a corner. But I think I have a different idea for your theme. A recipe my mom got from a friend and used to make often.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oooo CB that's going to be fun!!! I toyed with that idea, too---I LOVE theydraw&theycook!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds, awesome Linda. I love me some friends and family favorites.

Kynara is online now Heavily caffinated for the safety of others
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's a food truck?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those lil venders who sell specialty grub outta a truck on the side if the road... We even have a few here in my tiny lil town! Just google Food trucks for some info & inspiration!

Kynara is online now Heavily caffinated for the safety of others
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I think I've seen those on TV. (we don't have anything like that around here lol)

I'll google it for some more info, I've got to google for a recipe anyways haha I don't cook anymore and have gotten rid of all my cookbooks/recipes

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    hmm can we make up our own food truck to go with a recipie we have? I'm not a good chef and my recipies are few and far inbetween... and I dont feel comfortable giving out a recipe if ive never tried it. would be sad to give something that didint taste yummy!! but I have one for beer rouges thats delicious and possibly could be made in a food truck if they were patient enough lol?
    art is like a garden, hard work, but beautiful and delicious in the end!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    if not I think I have a burrito recipe thats pretty good but not as original.
    art is like a garden, hard work, but beautiful and delicious in the end!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah - great to see that it's started... Just had a PM from Rubyragdoll telling me that she was sorry to miss my moley swap. Forwarded your link - hope she shows up in time to join.
    Great theme too - Have fun all!
    Seeya , Nicky
    Hosting: All European Moley Group

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to sign up too if I could. will lthink on a theme for a minute

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Time Traveling Teddy Bears Picnic. So for my theme I would like folks to use the little dolls and animals on this page http://rinabears.com/index.php?PID=1 as the focus of the book and put them in various places and/or times. These are very tiny little animals and dolls so for example one might put them in a watermelon boat floating on the Seine with the Eiffel tower in the background . Feel free to use any number of the little darlings in your drawing. I don't really care that they be sitting down at a meal, they can be riding on birds munching crackers, or flying in a mini balloon over Africa with a glass of wine in hand. Basically for rules then, use at least two of the dolls/animals mentioned above in your spread (can use more) and make sure food is used in the picture.
    If you wish to do mixed media (as I love to do) feel free. Hand drawn is fantastic. And a bit of collage is OK as well. Basically the same old rules everyone else has listed. Hopefully it will be a fairly wide open enjoyable theme for all you amazingly talented ladies.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to sign up for this swap too!! Please!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok peeps! Returning pm's, checking itraders... I'll update the front page as soon as possible... This moley thing is like crazy intensive on the sleuth work lol... (Not to mention I have to head off to the J.O.B. soon...)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    My THEME will be:

Cupcakes and Tea - For this swap please make a scene with a table set for high tea with cupcakes being served as the main pastry. There can be other pastries and foods but the centerpiece should be a large cupcake or a grouping of smaller cupcakes. It can be any flavor mix you want, real or made up. You can use any medium you want, hand drawn, mixed media, etc.

The table can be far away or close up, set for one person or many guests, there can be people or animals enjoying tea, or the table can be lonely with no guests yet. The setting can be fantasy, vintage, modern times, etc. - it's up to you. At a minimum there needs to be an obvious cupcake and a teacup.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic themes!!!! Best get thinking here! I have a recipe only one, an "in the kitchen" one and one that was anthropomorphic food and/or recipe...

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    So many yummy ideas Jules!! I made a list of about ten then decided by which one I felt like drawing at the moment lol.... But I also bought myself a second moley & I'm pretty sure ima fill it up with Anthro super hero/villain food lol!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Alderman View Post
    hmm can we make up our own food truck to go with a recipie we have? I'm not a good chef and my recipies are few and far inbetween... and I dont feel comfortable giving out a recipe if ive never tried it. would be sad to give something that didint taste yummy!! but I have one for beer rouges thats delicious and possibly could be made in a food truck if they were patient enough lol?
    Absolutely, make your own truck for your recipe if you want. BTW, burritos are good!! It doesn't matter if it's an easy, hard, basic etc. recipe. You are all creative and I trust that your creative twist on anything will be fantastic. Heck, they even do really simple foods like grilled cheese, and PBJ - I'm open to something fun.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok... home from work finally... Welcome to the party Angelmuz & Waffle!!! I will get your info listed with everyone else's as soon as Carole or another mod helps me make a new spot for it all (we out-grew the space allowed lol)...

***ONE SPOT LEFT!!!***
    Who wants it?? Don't wanna get left behind when this dinner party takes off, do ya?