BlancoLobo

ATC ADDICT
Staff member
Welcome Committee
Swap due date: April 3, 2015
Number of cards: 3 for 3
Number of Participants: 20, this is only my second swap
Medium: Any

I love bears! All kinds of bears. They are fuzzy, cute, cuddly and really dangerous except for the Teddy Bear kind! So this swap is all about Brown Bears! Be they big or baby the only requirements are that they are brown and they are realistic bear images. The backgrounds can be collaged, mixed media or hand drawn/ hand painted. Any form of art you would like to do is acceptable.

PLEASE NOTE THE DUE DATE. I SWAP ON TIME, NO EXCUSES FOR LATE CARDS, THEY WILL BE RETURNED TO YOU UNSWAPPED.

Card information:

All cards must be standard ATC size (2.5"x3.5") and made of sturdy paper. If it bends when you wave it, it's too thin.

Send quality cards. If you don't want to keep it, don't send it.

Original art work only - no copies or prints.

All cards must be in protective plastic sleeves.

On the back of each card please print the following information:

Name of Swap
Your AFA username
Your real name
Where the card is coming from
You may add additional information if you like

Postage Requirements:

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ENVELOPES

All participants - Send a clearly written or typed large mailing label.

US participants - Please send as much loose postage as required to send your cards to me.

Non-US participants - I will provide all return postage.

PM me for my address when you are ready to mail.

Cards must be received by April 3, 2015. Please allow sufficient time for your cards to reach me. IMPORTANT - Late cards will be returned to you unswapped, using your return postage/postage funds.

When you receive your returns please leave itrader for me your hostie and you rock points for those whose wonderful art you receive.

Again ...

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ENVELOPES

Anyone out there that loves bears as much as I do?????
Who Wants To Play with the bears?

1. PIXI - received
2. SUNTRADE - received
3. TANDY - withdrew
4. ARTKEYOLOGIST - received
5. CANADAROSEBUD - received
6. SARNIE
7. ELENA - received
8. AKANEKO - received
9. Blackdog - received

Last edited:
Lurking--just to clarify--they need to be in a natural setting, so we can't do a collaged or gelli-plate type background, correct? Or do you just mean that you want realistic bear images?

Lurking--just to clarify--they need to be in a natural setting, so we can't do a collaged or gelli-plate type background, correct? Or do you just mean that you want realistic bear images?

They can be collaged, mixed media or hand drawn/ hand painted. Any form of art you would like to do is acceptable.
In description she gave...I hope it helps. :)

Actually I am confused with that too. Because a realistic background would be like a forest?????

Actually I am confused with that too. Because a realistic background would be like a forest?????

I think as long as the background/environment it is in, or the collage is of actual bears, then that would be alright...As long as their brown and natural...so in other words, not chibi, or kawaii, or cartoonish, or things on that order I am thinking...

Also other natural backgrounds could be, but not limited to: streams, mountains, fields, caves, etc...

I am sure she will appear and straighten us all out! LOL

Sorry everyone, I guess I wasn't very clear on the "natural setting" actually that was a poor choice of words. The bears have to look like real brown bears, you can use a gelli plate to make the background or collage it or do whatever you would like to do. Realistic bear images is a fantastic way to put it! Hope that helps!

Welcome, welcome, welcome...
Pixie, Suntrade and Tandy thank you for joining me and the "bears"!

ferretgirl
did I clear up the confusion or are the waters still murky? Goatgirl hit the nail on the head with realistic bear images. Hope you will join us.

Hey there Pixi, I'm really glad you found me! Thanks for joining up swap buddy!

So, basically, anything goes? Cutesy bears are included? Not just realistic bears but any kind of brown bear we would like to use?

as long as the bear looks like a real brown bear it will work. I don't want cartoonish looking bears or bears in chef outfits cooking or bears with ginormous eyes looking all kinds of silly. You can do the backgrounds any way you want just so the card has at least one normal looking brown bear on it as the focal point.

Back
Top Bottom