Summer Solstice / Litha, Due June 19, 2015

Welcome Virpukka.
Do you have any local celebrations, or any special festivals in your area to go with the Summer Solstice?

I signed you up.

We have lots of rain, and it is FINALLY starting to look green, and summer-like.
But we still had a mild frost 2 days ago, so we are not there yet.
I am making ATCs of Summer, anyway!!!!!

Yay, just tell winter to " go where the pepper grows" as we used to say in Germany. I know, you thought I was going to type something else... ;)

AWESOME Summer Solstice Cards received from Gemininorn.
LOVE them all. They are even more beautiful and colorful than in your scan.
Beautiful artwork.

Thank you so much for including a hostie card.
I am going to have difficulty choosing one.

I have not been doing well with my HD/HP attempts, and I keep making garden and flower type cards for ideas. At least I feel better knowing I am not the only one with gardening on the mind! ;)

I have a question for an idea I was working on: would Astrological influences count? Summer Solstice is the Astrological "time of change" from Gemini into Cancer. I was working on designs, and I am still a bit drawn to these two, with Gemini having the blues and yellows (Air Sign Colors), and the silver/blue of the Moonlight for Cancer.

So far I have a HP/HD Green Man (or Dyad?), Horned God/Oak King/Holly King symbolic design, a garden inspired collage with a photo of my own wildcrafting treasures, and a couple of early made cards that I am not liking so much atm. lol (One is a marigold with a butterfly, and the other is a chrysanthemum with a dragon fly (the dragon fly is a henna tattoo design.) The reason why I don't like them so much is because the picture of the flower takes up almost the whole card, so it's just not "artsy" enough for me.)

I am doing my usual "make a bunch of cards and pick the best to send in!" ;) (And may put the rest up for trade, if I think they are good enough...)

I need more postage stamps again! So I'll get more on Monday and send them off sometime next week. Should be enough time to get to you.

I don't know if my answer is appropriate in this swap, but if you make a gemini card for trade I will be up for it. I don't even need to see it first. (and the only reason I am not in the current Zodiac girls swap is that I really really can not draw humans) I tend to collect Gemini themed cards

I have not been doing well with my HD/HP attempts, and I keep making garden and flower type cards for ideas. At least I feel better knowing I am not the only one with gardening on the mind! ;)

I have a question for an idea I was working on: would Astrological influences count? Summer Solstice is the Astrological "time of change" from Gemini into Cancer. I was working on designs, and I am still a bit drawn to these two, with Gemini having the blues and yellows (Air Sign Colors), and the silver/blue of the Moonlight for Cancer.

So far I have a HP/HD Green Man (or Dyad?), Horned God/Oak King/Holly King symbolic design, a garden inspired collage with a photo of my own wildcrafting treasures, and a couple of early made cards that I am not liking so much atm. lol (One is a marigold with a butterfly, and the other is a chrysanthemum with a dragon fly (the dragon fly is a henna tattoo design.) The reason why I don't like them so much is because the picture of the flower takes up almost the whole card, so it's just not "artsy" enough for me.)

I am doing my usual "make a bunch of cards and pick the best to send in!" ;) (And may put the rest up for trade, if I think they are good enough...)

I need more postage stamps again! So I'll get more on Monday and send them off sometime next week. Should be enough time to get to you.

I understand gardening on your mind.
I have been spending so much time in my garden, I think I am "living" out there. I even think I fell asleep out there while weeding :huh:

While all artists have their own interpretation of this Pagan Festival, I have to be able to trade out your cards to other participants, and those people have to be happy with what they receive. If I don't understand an association to the Solstice, I may ask you for an explanation, which you have already, pro-actively, given, so I think Astrological influences do count, and since one participant has already put in a request for your Gemini card (sight unseen), I say, go for it.;)

LOVE the Green Man, and the Horned God - FAB Solstice images.
Can't wait to see your wild crafting treasures...Are these from California, or your new location?
I am sure the remaining cards will come together for you. Your Muse seems to be in residence!!!!:jiggy:

Vicki, you are always the most conscientious hostess! :) Thank you for answering my questions! I'll finish these up and post the picks before mailing, that way yay or nay, I will send in the best ones.

Oh. I almost forget: wildcrafting treasures were Northern California woods, near Mt. Lassen. I am learning my new location which so far I have been drawn to blackberries, buttercups, and the OMG best smelling wild honeysuckle! No gathering yet; just a little exploring, identifying, and getting to know the local Fae a little at a time.

Oh...my memory apparently has some issues...I also found some wild grapes, too. I'll try to take my camera sometime and show the Fae areas, IF they will let me. Often, however, they don't like to be seen, yet if some are curious enough, they might. I've noticed online that they are appearing more often in photos recently.

Oooh, that sounds awesome Arcana. And I would be soo happy about everything Gemini coming my way...

Cards are here from virpukka and arcana.

virpukka, please don't complain to your post office.
Apparently my post office had some personnel illness, mostly summer colds attacks, and with so many calling in sick, were subsequently short staffed, and thus delayed in mail sorting.

When I picked up mail on the way to work, all the sorting had not been completed. I was going to pick up mail on the way home, but traffic was hideous, and I didn't want to get out of que to get the mail, so I picked it up the next day, and all is well.

Last edited:
It is 57 degrees, with 97 percent humidity, this morning, almost fall weather instead of the first week of summer, and just past the summer solstice.
The full moon is tonight, but already last night, she was GORGEOUS, but almost "pumpkin" orange. Rather a SHOCK for summer, but the astronomers say the color is due to the smoke from the fires in Canada affecting the way the light refracts.

Returns are in the mail.
I do apologize for the delay, but there were a few late arrivals, and with such a small group, I didn't want to leave anyone out.

Be sure to leave itrades for your host (me) and You Rock! points for those fellow participants from whom you receive returns.

Thanks again for playing.

I still have not received confirmation of returns from everyone, but some of you, I know, are on holiday, and some have not been on line for a while, so I am closing down this thread.

You can still leave itrades and You Rock! points even after the thread is closed down, so please remember to do so when you return from vacation.

Thanks again for playing.

Back
Top Bottom